What's new

Rahman did it again!

I heard they spend a fortune on CWG. About 10-12 billion dollars. That's a lot of money there. But good for delhi, they spent a lot of money for beautification of Delhi.

CWG at a bomb of Rs 66,550 cr makeover
Submitted by Kavita Sharma on Sat, 08/28/2010 - 05:53
Check out this one- Reportedly it is believed that Delhi's beautification process for the Common wealth games 2010 has been done at a whopping amount of Rs 70,608 crore which is 114 times more than the original estimated cost of the games.

What comes as big shock is that it has even out beaten the government spends on the National Rural Health Mission which is four times less than the amount spent on the face uplifting of the capital.

The total amount shed on this beautification process is around Rs 66,550 crore. The break- up of this hefty amount goes like this: - Rs 5,700 crore has been allocated for flyovers and bridges alone while Rs 650 crore were allocated for stadiums.

The Delhi Metro Rail corporation (DMRC) was granted Rs 16,887 crore to fund its expansion plans while Rs 35,000 crore were released to install new power plants.

Interestingly, these figures do not form a part of the data submitted by successive sports ministers or by the internal records of the Games organising committee (OC).

Another shocker that comes at this point is that Melbourne, which hosted the Games in 2006, only overshot just 0.6 per cent of its estimated spending as compared to Delhi.

Man Iam Just Loving this song, each time I hear it..... Its getting better and Better every time I hear it.... Very Sporty and Motivating..... And I dont need to comment on Bharat bala, the creative director, Who directed award winning "Iam India" , "Indian Army In Siachin" and "Incredible India" ads... Eagerly waiting for the Music Video launch

Back
Top Bottom