What's new

Rafale vs sukhoi 30 mki

I have read them and still i wanted to put this comparison....If you know all about them then contribute or pass this thread.
Hi,
I'm New to this thread and based on my experience, Rafale can very well match up with Upgraded Fulcrums in all aspects..May be rafales can have an edge over Mig 29s in terms of some of those EW suite and Radar but not with MKIs..
MKIs are a class apart..The Indian Version MKI is carefully examined and upgraded one after years of scrutiny to compensate all the draw backs of SU 30MK..
Indian Airforce and HAL is now capable of making a whole new Su 30 with the amount of transfer of technology happened so far..I think we spent close to 35 billion so far on MKIs including the investments on HAL facilities..
Indian Airforce were not fools and they made this investment for keeping MKIs well beyond 2040 in IAF because after the arrival of FGFA and AMCA, it will not be put on air superiority role but in Multi role only..Till then it will be in the air superiority role..
The latest inclusion of ASTRA BVR is another Gem to MKI because it was specifically designed to suit MKI's role and LCA's role..
So, Rafael can be a complement to MKI if added to IAF's arsenal but it can't be ahead of MKI except The RCS which is also being addressed by IRKUT while we discusss..
Anyways, MKI > Rafale > Mig29UPG is my conclusion..

astra2.png

This was discussed before and although it is interesting, not all points are correct and reliable. Rafale is not faster than the MKI, but should have the better fuel economy, since it can SC with A2A config and has the longer range as well. In dogfights, it's light weight, good TWR and wingloading might give some advantages, but MKI should have the better supersonic maneuverablitly with TVC and the better acceleration.
I've observed that same thing ... MKI heavier plane almost 200% heavier have > 50% more thrust with 100% better fuel economy rate.

Either we have something wrong with our understanding of general understanding of basic science or Russian has alien tech used in their jet engines or data presented is biased/ unreliable.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom