Haitham

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
I think Gripen NG is better than Rafale in:
1-Many people said that Gripen radar is better than RBE-2
2- Gripen NG RCS is lower than Rafale
3- Meteor missile performance on Rafale is weak due to radar weakness and Dassault with replace RBE-2 with F3R due this reason and other reasons
4-Rafale don't have Helmet-mounted display and Gripen NG have
5- Gripen NG operates 5th generation IIR missile like IRIS-T and A-Darter and Rafale have only MICA
6- Gripen NG have double data-link with Air-to-Air missiles Rafale have only one link

Only Gripen NG have lower max. range than Rafale and can be solved using air refeuling

Anyone is welcomed for discussion:-)

Last edited:
you would be wrong
Rafale is a light year ahead of Gripen NG
just assuming but
Rafale would kill 10 Gripen NG before it would be killed

doesnt make any sense, are they even in a same category? your first three points are all assumptions, nothing solid

Gripen is not the better plane, that is an argument that simply cannot be backed by facts. However Gripen may or may not be a better buy for many countries when they do a cost-benefit analysis. If money is not a significant consideration, Rafale will be the choice easily.

the more I think about it if Gripen is armed with Meteors/Iris-T and has AWACS support then she is deadly, but the Rafale has spectra and some other stuff.

Rafale is just the overall better aircraft for the roles it would be suited towards

it's really up to the customers
if the Gripen is half the price of a Rafale and cheaper to fly and maintain then go for the Gripen NG

it's like do you want 72 Gripen NGs
or would you rather have 36 Dassualt Rafales

the more I think about it if Gripen is armed with Meteors/Iris-T and has AWACS support then she is deadly, but the Rafale has spectra and some other stuff.

Rafale is just the overall better aircraft for the roles it would be suited towards

it's really up to the customers
if the Gripen is half the price of a Rafale and cheaper to fly and maintain then go for the Gripen NG

it's like do you want 72 Gripen NGs
or would you rather have 36 Dassualt Rafales

...or 140 LCA for the same price which has the same Engine as the Gripen and is in the same weight category.

...or 140 LCA for the same price which has the same Engine as the Gripen and is in the same weight category.

how much is a Tejas Mk2, what weapons can it fire?
Gripen is built to fire weapons from a myriad of nations.

doesnt make any sense, are they even in a same category? your first three points are all assumptions, nothing solid
Gripen RCS is 0.5m2 and Rafale is 1 m2 (that is what i read any one have another source???)
First and third points related to each other
France is going to replace RBE-2 by F3R to integrate Meteor on Rafale as they said :
RAFALE "F3 R" standard launched - Dassault Aviation
So that i think RBE-2 have some problems

Mk-1 is cleared for almost all weapons India can/will use.

MK-2 is in the pipeline and is expected to fly next year.

LCA costs 32 million $ as per the order book.

Gripen RCS is 0.5m2 and Rafale is 1 m2 (that is what i read any one have another source???)
First and third points related to each other
France is going to replace RBE-2 by F3R to integrate Meteor on Rafale as they said :
RAFALE "F3 R" standard launched - Dassault Aviation
So that i think RBE-2 have some problems
you have no idea what are you talking about. f3r is an evolution of f3 standard aircrafts and nor some radar version.

It will fire all sort of weapons which Gripen can fire. Basically MK2 is designed to be a cost effective aircraft but still it will have many goodies Such as AESA, BVR Astra.100+ KM range, Laser guided bombs, Best heat seeking missiles and state of art EW suit, 5+ tons of weight lifting, Low RCS etc.

I see 2 major problem with MK1. 1st it is tested for Mach 1.6 only. I believe that it should be at least 1.8. Mk2 should be a 2+ mach aircraft. 2nd Poor horizantal loop timing.

I think that if above 2 are resolved in MK2, it can become a very good fighter.

Mk-1 is cleared for almost all weapons India can/will use.

Except BVR.

MK-2 is in the pipeline and is expected to fly next year.

May be By 2017.

Back
Top Bottom