What's new

RAF Typhoon leads the race to secure £7 billion arms deal

i am impressed but a zoo tiger will do nothing against a real tiger.

The real tiger was in 'real" action in Libya while zoo tiger took shelter behind tornado fighters.

At last the zoo tiger was so embarrassed and started bombing in sea and no man's land to show it has bombing capabilities. And after the showdown Germany cut its zoo tigers numbers while Rafale was busy bombing crap out of Gaddafi in his last day with troops in the operation that lead to his death.

Rafale, the better multi role fighter than EFT..PAF crewed F-16's out preform RAF crewed Typhoons in close quarters engagements..that was a wake up call for MoD to dump the EFT.

Rafale, the better multi role fighter than EFT..PAF crewed F-16's out preform RAF crewed Typhoons in close quarters engagements..that was a wake up call for MoD to dump the EFT.

you know that story is BS right???

How can Pakistan loving British media let UK sell such advanced weaponary to India. In this article you will no mention of Pakistan or plight of kashmiri people, even though sale of such weaponary would eventually tilts military balance in India's favour. This sale will create jobs in UK and would subsizide British weapons industry so britsih media would not even dare mention K or P word here. No British MP would try to block this sale or atleast call for debate.

India should go for Rafale, a verstaile fighter much cheaper than Typhoon so we can easily buy them in greater number and moreover it would be easier for ADA to collaborate with French for AMCA than trying to strike a balance with 4 nation consortium.

read all and you will know why they lose in dog fighting.

MUST READ: Tell-all interview with Pakistan Viper pilot - The DEW Line

MUST READ: Tell-all interview with Pakistan Viper pilot

By Stephen Trimble on June 6, 2011 11:39 AM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBacks (0) |ShareThis
A special feature posted on the PAF Falcons web site provides a fascinating transcript of a one-on-one interview with an anonymous, although apparently very senior, Pakistani Air Force F-16 pilot. It reminds me of YouTube Terry's infamous indiscretions.

The Pakistani pilot manages to embarrass the pride of the Royal Air Force, candidly describe Israeli air-to-air prowess and explain how the US keeps the F-16 Block 52's secrets away from the Pakistanis and -- by extension -- the Chinese.

On the RAF Typhoon:

On one occasion - in one of the international Anatolian Eagles - PAF pilots were pitted against RAF Typhoons, a formidable aircraft. There were three set-ups and in all three, we shot down the Typhoons. The RAF pilots were shocked.

Q: Any particular reason for your success?

A: NATO pilots are not that proficient in close-in air-to-air combat. They are trained for BVR engagements and their tactics are based on BVR engagements. These were close-in air combat exercises and we had the upper hand because close-in air combat is drilled into every PAF pilot and this is something we are very good at.

On the Israelis:

Q: What are the Isrealis afraid of?

A: What they fear most is that we might learn about their tactics, especially BVR countermeasure tactics, which they have mastered.

Q: I heard a rumour that the TuAF once gave PAF pilots the opportunity to fly with and against the Israelis in A. TuAF F-16s pretending to be Turkish pilots - even letting them sit in the Turkish-Israeli ACMI de-briefs?
No comments.

On US concerns about the Chinese:

To recall an interesting little story: soon after the first F-16s were delivered to Pakistan in the mid-80s, the PLAAF Chief visited Sargodha. The Americans were there as well. As a gesture of courtesy, the PAF showed the PLAAF Chief one of the F-16s and let him sit in the cockpit. Some US technicians were there looking on. As soon as the PLAAF Chief sat in the F-16 cockpit, the first thing he did was to start measuring the HUD with his fingers, you know, when you extend your little finger and thumb to measure something? This worried the Americans.

On US export control practices:

They have ways of keeping an eye on the Block 52s without being personally present. The main concern is the transfer of cutting-edge technology - the avionics and radar, the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) the Sniper pod. They have put digital seals all the sensitive technologies, which can only be opened via a code, which only they know. If there is a malfunction or these parts need to be serviced, they will be taken out of the Block 52s and shipped back to the US for repairs/servicing. If we try to pry open these systems without the codes, inbuilt alarms will be relayed to the Americans, which will be a breach of the contract.

Q: Will the Americans be able to track the locations of the Block 52s through some sort of tracking devices hidden inside the aircraft?

A: If there are tracking devices then they will be inside the sealed systems, like the avionics suites or the sniper pods because we will not have the ability to look inside. If their Predator and Reaper drones are transmitting their GPS locations via satellite so can a Block 52 F-16.

Even though Turkey produces the F-16, there are some components that are manufactured in the US and only come to Turkey for the final assembly. In one incident, a Turkish Block 50 crashed and the pilot was killed. They salvaged the wreckage and laid it out in hanger and started putting together the pieces to find out the cause. They found a piece of sealed equipment which had cracked open and inside they found some device that looked like a bug. Upon inquiry, it turned out to be a tracking device.

read all and you will know why they lose in dog fighting.

MUST READ: Tell-all interview with Pakistan Viper pilot - The DEW Line

MUST READ: Tell-all interview with Pakistan Viper pilot

By Stephen Trimble on June 6, 2011 11:39 AM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBacks (0) |ShareThis
A special feature posted on the PAF Falcons web site provides a fascinating transcript of a one-on-one interview with an anonymous, although apparently very senior, Pakistani Air Force F-16 pilot. It reminds me of YouTube Terry's infamous indiscretions.

The Pakistani pilot manages to embarrass the pride of the Royal Air Force, candidly describe Israeli air-to-air prowess and explain how the US keeps the F-16 Block 52's secrets away from the Pakistanis and -- by extension -- the Chinese.
Here is interesting discussion which tell you how good Pakistani pilots are.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-6302-postdays-0-postorder-asc.html
Sorry, sallondon, but that would really surprise me. Why? Because according to contacts at Moody AFB (where Pakistani pilots attend IFF prior to going to the F-16 B-course), the majority of your guys who go there are passed simply because their instructors are given no other choice. To quote directly, most of the Pakistani students that graduate from IFF would have failed the course had they been American studs. I think that speaks volumes.
Meathook Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 01:35 AM

Elite 3K

Status: Offline blain2 please buddy....don't make me laugh, I have not had my coffee yet. If you want to stick up for these guys you go right ahead but don't try convincing me after what I have seen and done in over thirty six years of aviation deploying to over sixty countries while involved in numerous training scenarios with foreign pilots.

You want to cut these guys some real slack, go ahead, I on the other hand will be honest and from I have seen first hand...your slightly over the top in your assessment of both Europeans and Pakistan Air Forces...but it is your story, please...tell it your way.

This weapons system is like nothing they have used before, I hope you know that, their limited experience in it far out weights your comments and so call assessment of their capabilities...that is my two cents.

What is your experience with these programs if any....?

Elaborate will ya......
I am not against boasting, been guilty of that myself at times but that was a rather large boast, really off the wall considering the audience he was addressing but having said that, I fully understand national pride, we all need it and thrive off of it from time to time.

Spend time at Luke (training base of many foreign pilots); at that time I was a flight chief for older F-16's training squadron that provided the vehicles for their training. These folks and many other nations tried like hell to learn to fly the aircraft. Of course this is no easy tasking, takes time, dedication and study, then you do it over and over again until you get it right.

The write ups (gigs) produced by many student pilots were to say...bogus to say the least (many are expected but these guys went way overboard not understanding the aircraft). But the constant ground aborting of aircraft (where no real problem existed) coupled with many near misses, over G'ed aircraft, number of pilots that outright failed or dropped out of the program was staggering in 1985 and 1986.

Granted it was not just this country that had its problems but this country led the pack in a negative way. They appeared to lack discipline, drive and real motivation picking up the system technology in the early years of my involvement. Then we accomplished numerous deployments to their location (in country) teaching their mechanics the skills required to maintain the aircraft, poor mechanics, poor training motivation and lack of understanding all led to many failed efforts.

Recently working the foreign military sales side of the house, F-16 aircraft regeneration efforts and long term system sustainment, the same problems (lack of understanding) seem to surface again and again. Many other issues I will not discuss openly but hopefully, you get my drift here. The limited combat skills they displayed in past aerial engagements and weapon systems tactics in older version aircraft have not been satisfactory enough to gain my approval of their flying capabilities, that is why I provided my hearse comments to the person that made the out of line boast.

Side note, I have over two hundred hours in F-16Bs and D’s, have been a corporate pilot for ten years now and served twenty six years in the USAF working and flying in numerous fighter aircraft (F4 Tow Target Operator in 1975 and 1976 at Edwards AFB). So I think I can speak from experience in both training and the operational side of the house.

These folks have a very long way to go to get anywhere close to the boast that was made. As you mentioned, technology is a major factor in both maintaining and operating this weapons system, they need to burn the midnight oil quite a bit more for my salute to be given in earnest.

Anything which has got euro on its name, is seriously uncool.
GoI should go for Rafale simply because we dont know what will happen to europe and their committees and beurocrats in future.

Battle for Brough: Typhoon radar plan is 'glimmer of hope' for BAE workers

WORKERS at BAE Systems in Brough have been given a "glimmer of hope" after plans to trial new technology which could boost Typhoon and Hawk orders.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed it is investing £6 million to assess radar technology, which could make the Typhoon the best fighter aircraft in the world.

Roy Cartwright, union works convenor at Brough, said e-scan radar will "open up the market for more Typhoon sales".

He said the aircraft could then compete with the French Dassault Rafale, leading to a boost in sales of the Hawk Advanced Trainer Jet, used to train pilots to fly the Typhoon.

Mr Cartwright said: "E-scan could open the market up for more Typhoon sales and make it the front-runner in any campaign in the world.

"If more people buy the Typhoon, they will need to buy a lead in trainer jet and there is no better trainer jet in the world than the Hawk.

"This could change the game altogether."

He said the development challenged BAE's decision to axe 899 jobs at Brough, ending 95 years of aviation history at the site.

"We have always said BAE's decision to end manufacturing at Brough was short-sighted," he said.

"This just shows we are right because if there are likely to be more Hawk orders in the future, there is nowhere better to build those aircraft than right here at Brough."

Ian Gent, union staff convenor at Brough, said: "It is very good news for colleagues right across the business.

"What we hope this will do is re-ignite the debate and ensure that, as part of Typhoon's export success, we are also in a position to offer a training solution and that should always be Hawk.

"If there are going to be more Hawk orders, they should be built at the home of the Hawk which is Brough."

The MoD's e-scan investment was revealed during a meeting between BAE's head of government relations, Bob Keen, and East Yorkshire MPs Karl Turner, Diana Johnson and Andrew Percy.

The MoD confirmed the £6 million assessment of e-scan, which a spokesman said would influence any "future procurement decisions."

Mr Turner, Labour MP for Hull East, said: "The Ministry of Defence has confirmed it is looking seriously at e-scan technology for the Typhoon, which I believe may offer a glimmer of hope for the Brough workforce."

Andrew Percy, Tory MP for Brigg and Goole, said: "Confirmation that the Government is investing in this technology is good news.

"I don't want to raise expectations unnecessarily, but we can now use this to make the argument that if Typhoon sales take off and more work comes in for Hawk as a result, Warton and Samlesbury will be overwhelmed with work, which is why they should keep the Hawk work at Brough."

Workers are still calling on the public to sign an e-petition launched as part of the Battle For Brough campaign. If 100,000 people sign it by visiting www.direct.gov.uk/petitions, ministers will be obliged to debate the issue in the House of Commons.

Battle for Brough: Typhoon radar plan is 'glimmer of hope' for BAE workers | This is Hull and East Riding

Saudi Arabia is a country involved in the development of the E-scan radar. So if IAF picks Typhoon India will be flying with Saudi Technology.

Arabian Aerospace - Selex Galileo signs double radar deal with Saudi technology city

Technically, it feels India is in favour of Typhoon and politically in favour of Rafale.

French opened clear mouth against Pakistan on wish of India while None of Euro typhoon manufacturing countries did so.
See what result comes.Most likely, Rafale would be choice.

Back
Top Bottom