What's new

Racism in the "Deep South" states of USA?

New Recruit

Reaction score
Right America Feeling Wronged pt4 - YouTube

There is a perception elsewhere in America and Canada that the deep south states like mississippi, alabama etc; have not changed with the times and that there is still a lot of overt racism towards blacks there.
But is that really true?? I noticed at 1:12 of this HBO documentary that the blacks from mississippi are telling the journalist that she thinks the south is the hub of racism in america as if there is no racism elsewhere in US. That was a valid argument because big cities in north-east and west coast where lots of blacks live are still very racially segregated and the worst race riots in American histroy happened in LA in 1992.

Are there any forum members who live in or have visited the deep south of USA? I have never been to any southern states and would like to learn what daily life is like there. Please tell us from your personal experiences about what race relations between whites and blacks in the south are like now?

I grew up in Florida, majority of the people there are friendly. However you will always meet your typical racist depending on where you go.

They are everywhere in world...Cant paint the whole region racist because of some nut cases...

And how is this applicable/appropriate to 'World Affairs'?

Oh...I get it...Just trolling on the Internet for anything negative from the US...

Back
Top Bottom