What's new

R&DE (E) is developing armed version of ROV Daksh

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
R&DE (E) is developing armed version of ROV Daksh | Sakal Times

Unmanned combat systems are the main area of focus
PUNE: Buoyed by the success of its remotely operated vehicle (ROV) Daksh, city-based defence research laboratory Research and Development Establishment - Engineers ((R&DE) (E)) is now developing ROVs like Daksh, which would have combat ability in insurgency-hit areas.
"Daksh is suited for low intensity conflict areas. It is currently equipped with necessary surveillance and detection capabilities and can defuse Improvised Explosives Devices (IEDs). We are working on having a facility, which will enable it to fight in remote locations, without endangering the lives of our soldiers," Director R&DE (E), Dr S Guruprasad said.
The modified ROV will have a gun mounted on it and the option of attaching a grenade launcher. According to Guruprasad, development of unmanned remotely operated battlefield systems like the ROVs, demining vehicles are some of the technologies R&DE (E) is focusing on.
The DRDO laboratory, which has recently won the Silicon trophy for 2012 for outstanding contributions towards defence research will also be focusing on composite material technology.
"We will be focusing on composite material technology that will enable us to develop high strength light weight military bridges and other structures. R&DE (E) has successfully developed and introduced military bridging systems, mine-warfare equipment and mobile launchers for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle," he said.
The R&DE (E) director said that the Silicon Award is in recognition of their contribution towards delivering state-of-the-art systems in the areas of combat-engineering, field-defence and Nuclear-Biological-Chemical protection, weapon-support systems, composites and robotics.

Nice to have a small swift-footed & stable robotic platform firing an LMG, grenade launcher or something
at enemies.

Great I have Seen One Such in U.S.A (I mean Armed Daksh Type)

The modified ROV will have a gun mounted on it and the option of attaching a grenade launcher.

Ditto like That U.S.A One ... Dream Come True :cheers:

Daksh_robot_295.jpg

Good to see that UCVs are being given importance at DRDO.......These things are the future of warfare..:chilli:
Now I would like to see one of these Combat systems next from DRDO:woot:

terminator-exoskeleton_00274632.jpg

Daksh is working fine.I hope the armed version too proves the mettle.

It will be decided in the trials itself...the gun would be a proven one, so is the platform.

Are you sure thats "Armed Daksh"??because it looks like Gladiator UGV(almost confirm),not in Daksh's line..I bet it'll look like Talon Sowrds unit or MAARS,as Daksh looks just like Talon or MAARS..

413px-SWORDS_robot.jpg

SWORDS.jpg

Talon........

MAARS%20UGV.jpg

MAARS...

ROV.jpg

Daksh..

Is there anyone backing this project from the Army? It shouldn't be another unused piece from DRDO.

Are you sure thats "Armed Daksh"??because it looks like Gladiator UGV(almost confirm),not in Daksh's line..I bet it'll look like Talon Sowrds unit or MAARS,as Daksh looks just like Talon or MAARS..

Ofcourse it is Daksh. Look at the DRDO logo on the hood.

Back
Top Bottom