What's new

R&AW officer kills family, commits suicide

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A senior officer with the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW), India’s premier external intelligence agency, allegedly battered his wife and two children to death before committing suicide on Saturday.

Ananya Chakrabarty, 52, was found hanging from a ceiling fan while his 43-year-old wife Jaishree, 17-year-old son Arnab and 12-year-old daughter Disha were found dead in an adjacent room of their government residence in south Delhi’s Sadiq Nagar, near Defence Colony, around 4pm, the police said.

“The reason behind the step is yet to be ascertained but prima facie it seems that he first killed his wife and children before hanging.

There seems to be no foul play or third-party involvement,” said the officer.

On arriving at the residence, the police team broke the door down to find Chakrabarty hanging from a ceiling fan. The bodies of his family members — evidently battered to death — were recovered from an adjacent room along with a hammer.

“We were informed about the incident by a relative who went to visit the family on Saturday evening and found their second-floor house locked from the inside,” said a senior police officer.

The relative realised something was amiss after he was unable to get through to anyone in the family since Saturday morning. The family was last seen by neighbours on Friday afternoon.

A field officer posted in the Cabinet Secretariat, Chakrabarty was posted in one of R&AW’s classified branches involved in communications. He had been in Delhi for the last 5 to 6 years and due for a promotion as well as a foreign posting, according to the R&AW.

Delhi: R&AW officer kills family, commits suicide - Hindustan Times

Well that's sad.

How can a father beat his own children to death, I will never get it.

RIP..sad incident..as a RAW Officer..how can he lost his temper to such extent that he killed his children...?????
conspiracy theory..????

RIP..sad incident..as a RAW Officer..how can he lost his temper to such extent that he killed his children...?????
conspiracy theory..????

He too was a human being...loosing temper when working under stress is common.But I am surprised he could kill his 17yr old son too...I mean a 17yr old can atleast defend himself.

RIP.

He too was a human being...loosing temper when working under stress is common.
it can't be a execuse.. he is a senior officer in RAW and if stress because of work is reason then its worry signs for RAW. you have to work, sacrifice so many things and if you can't face it..no need to join.

it can't be a execuse.. he is a senior officer in RAW and if stress because of work is reason then its worry signs for RAW. you have to work, sacrifice so many things and if you can't face it..no need to join.
Actually its the other way around...RAW comes to you...you dont join RAW directly.

RAW officials work under a lot of stress...there was another incident in 2012 when a Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) woman official attempted suicide over harassment by senior.Her name was Nisha Bhatia and was posted at the training centre of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) in Gurgaon.

Actually its the other way around...RAW comes to you...you dont join RAW directly.
my opinion if you can't tolerate pressure.. no need to serve. in other way if some senior officer of RAW exploited by ISI then will the same excuse be given there??? its not a simple job and they should justice with their job.as a RAW officer you have to work in extreme pressure conditions and there is no alternative of it.

my opinion if you can't tolerate pressure.. no need to serve. in other way if some senior officer of RAW exploited by ISI then will the same excuse be given there??? its not a simple job and they should justice with their job.as a RAW officer you have to work in extreme pressure conditions and there is no alternative of it.

I do suspect conspiracy here...

How does one kill oneself? Obviously one is so depressed or under stress that they are not thinking straight right? That explains the terrible act of killing one's children too. One's mind is not functioning properly, its a malfunction.

No point trying to explain it through conspiracies, it seems shocking to us, because we are thinking straight!

is there any known raw officer who has been used/exploited by ISI...anyone?

Back
Top Bottom