What's new

Featured Quetta: The death toll in the attack on FC post has risen to ten

7-8 hours and no backup. How on Earth is this possible? Is FC so poorly equipped and trained? No one bothered raising an alarm or anything?

It's not about MRAPs, though they are needed to, but the fact that 25 soldiers were pinned down in their outpost and were unable to send distress signals for hours. No aerial support, ISR, nor any backup. Whilst a few kilometres away we have one of the largest airbases in the country.
We are a nuclear power, in the 21st century and over here are troops are being massacred as if we're some remote African nation overrun by rebels.
Exactly.

I feel like crying.But BLA always has a 4 to 1 advantage while attacking I remember a few months ago they attacked a checkpost manned by 10 men with about 40 terrorists but FC put up quite a resistance about 7 to 8 hours.
Yeah 4 to 1 advantage in our own borders, how many lapses in security happen to lead to that?

Check post with 25 men. Most probably chilling with their body armor off, due to warm weather. May be lack of training, no marksmanship skills. No rotating guard duty.

No back up. How the hell the fought for hours but no reinforcements arrived.

Seriously, who the **** is running security operations in Pakistan.

This is the most sus thing. No backup? And keeps happening over and over again in multiple checkpoints.
Yes
7-8 hours and no backup. How on Earth is this possible? Is FC so poorly equipped and trained? No one bothered raising an alarm or anything?

It's not about MRAPs, though they are needed to, but the fact that 25 soldiers were pinned down in their outpost and were unable to send distress signals for hours. No aerial support, ISR, nor any backup. Whilst a few kilometres away we have one of the largest airbases in the country.
We are a nuclear power, in the 21st century and over here are troops are being massacred as if we're some remote African nation overrun by rebels.
Well the outpost was really far away from an army base.They were well equipped tho they NVG's with other equipment.

The real sad reality is we are only hitting foot soldiers. We need to hit their real ABBA in at its own turf. Burn their abba on regular bases or you will keep loosing soldiers.
You need to eradicate their foot soldiers first, deal enough damage to make a counterattack by them ineffective, then you move onto their HQs, they carry out assassinations and killings in broad daylight, stomp them out first.

Check post with 25 men. Most probably chilling with their body armor off, due to warm weather. May be lack of training, no marksmanship skills. No rotating guard duty.

No back up. How the hell the fought for hours but no reinforcements arrived.

Seriously, who the **** is running security operations in Pakistan.
Yes not just body armour but most if them would be in civilian clothes.

Indian backed indain financed is written all over this still some one hand to claim responsibility are thay joking the only solution is to hit them back were it hertz afganstan jk that's it and don't forget they're puppies in Pakistan.

Yes

Well the outpost was really far away from an army base.They were well equipped tho they NVG's with other equipment.
The entirety of BLA does not have NVGs, only a handful of well trusted soldiers do, plus none of that matters in this case where a firefight went on for "hours". It would've taken one COIN aircraft, like a Tucano or even a modified Mushak to do a few gun runs, and we wouldn't have 10 casualties on our hands. Or hell a small UAV based in Samungli for target acquisition and vectoring backup.
Secondly if the checkpost was far away, it shouldn't have been built in the first place.

The entirety of BLA does not have NVGs, only a handful of well trusted soldiers do, plus none of that matters in this case where a firefight went on for "hours". It would've taken one COIN aircraft, like a Tucano or even a modified Mushak to do a few gun runs, and we wouldn't have 10 casualties on our hands. Or hell a small UAV based in Samungli for target acquisition and vectoring backup.
Secondly if the checkpost was far away, it shouldn't have been built in the first place.
I meant that FC was equipped with NVG'S.Well the checkpost was built to keep an eye on movement across the mountains.
Does anyone know about a checkpost in Kohlu'Kahan?

This news basically indicates failure on two fronts.
1 - Intelligence failure
2 - Logistics/Quick response teams

From the various videos i have watched over the years it is clear that Baluch militants choose isolated pickets/posts to attack and use it to their advantage. To be honest, FC needs an overhaul again in their trainings and their conduct because i have seen these guys very complacent even in the war zone. They are not disciplined like army. I think this is a good time to put FC under Army's control where joint intel set up and joint response teams are created to tackle this menace of terrorism in Baluchistan.

Last but not least, killing foot soldiers is not going to make a dent to planners sitting in our neighboring countries. The war should be taken to their door steps.

I meant that FC was equipped with NVG'S.Well the checkpost was built to keep an eye on movement across the mountains.
Does anyone know about a checkpost in Kohlu'Kahan?
Maybe they should be equipped with radios instead

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom