What's new

Quality and National Power Rankings of Countries

I agree that the quality of life in India is not good but in know way it is so bad that we are ranked below Libya

I agree that the quality of life in India is not good but in know way it is so bad that we are ranked below Libya

The quality of life was excellent before this war.

Lowest Debt per Capita in entire Africa
Highest literacy rate in Africa
Great Infrastructure
Active Social Uplift Schemes

Among others, their living standard was way above yours or ours......

Great Infrastructure

The education index lists Syria, Zimbabwe and Burma higher than India. Pray tell me the equivalent of IITs , IIMs or even Kendriya Vidyalayas of these countries. I agree with the power ratings but the quality of life ratings are definitely suspect. We accept we have long way to go but to say that we are totally junk is also not right.

The education index lists Syria, Zimbabwe and Burma higher than India. Pray tell me the equivalent of IITs , IIMs or even Kendriya Vidyalayas of these countries. I agree with the power ratings but the quality of life ratings are definitely suspect. We accept we have long way to go but to say that we are totally junk is also not right.

Can't say about Zimbabwe and Burma, that's got to be wrong!

Pakistan second most unpopular country, after all the sacrifices we have rendered in the cause of World Peace. Breaks my heart to see this. There is a folk take in Punjab of a peasant who broke the kings law and was presented before him, he was sentenced to either eat 100 onions or be hit with a shoe 100 times. He would eat 20 onions, quit and ask to be hit, after being hit 20 times, he would ask for onions. This way he ate 100 onions and got hit 100 times by the shoe as well. That is Pakistan's position, the terrorists kill us because we are western puppets and the powers kill us because we support terrorism. We die for no reason of our own.

Although including a good joke, the post makes clear the abject failures of both foreign and domestic policies pursued over the last few decades by both military and civilian governments in Pakistan. What is more clear by the day is that the logically inevitable end-points cannot be far behind.

To say any more is quite futile.

Great Infrastructure

I dont understand how you deem it acceptable to equate African conditions to the lowest possible baseline for human development indicators. Countries like Uganda, Kenya etc have very good infrastructure in places where it matters--especially their cities. The crap we see on the news are mostly from their rural areas......just like in India , Pakistan or Bangladesh.

In most development indicators we are so far behind. A country like India which produces brilliant scientists, mathematicians, physicists and industrial houses has our "brilliant citizens" act like a bunch of inbred morons when it comes to developing our own country.

Shame on us all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom