What's new

Putin says Russia Pakistan ties in India's long term interest.

I don't think China will have a problem with that since Chinese arm sales to Pakistan were never really about making money. Hence the friendship prices.

oh boy, higher than the mountains thingie ? How do I put it ? pakistanis on PDF maybe dumb, but I know for sure Chinese aren't.

I think China will welcome Pakistan getting the most advanced weapons at the best possible price. That would serve both Chinese and Pakistani interests very well. And now Russian interests since Russia stands to make some money. Probably only one country in South Asia whose interests this development wouldn't serve...

there is no way china will like it. China is the middleman when it comes to Russia and Pakistan.

Removing the middleman from the equation makes the middleman happy ? OK, if you say so..you do not get this thing, do you ?

It can be said the other way too. Pakistanis were saying Russian arms are junk, US arms are superior. Now, since the table are turning, they are jumping for Russian arms and it's copies??

Pakistan is only buying those weapons which it thinks are worth something and its use, Pakistanis are never buying flying coffins or Sukhois or T-50 FGFA, T90 or the old obsolete aircraft carrier make up for India as a cash cow.

Pakistan is only buying those weapons which it thinks are worth something and its use, Pakistanis are never buying flying coffins or Sukhois or T-50 FGFA, T90 or the old obsolete aircraft carrier make up for India as a cash cow.
Or whichever it buys will be declared as world class and rest sour grapes. Either way..

:lol:

Russia ain't selling them to you. :)

I agree that Pakistan will only buy something that It can use like Air Defense/SAM System, Mi-17, Mi-35, MI-28, etc.
IMHO, Pakistan shouldn't care what India buys from Russia as long as Pakistan can purchase something to counter it.

“Russia’s relations with Pakistan have their separate value. They have independent value to India. We also have a stake in Afghanistan,” he said.

Basically Russia is saying, Indians have lost it in Afghanistan, Afghanistan has no links with India, India is no value in Afghanistan.....Pakistanis are the real deal broker.

indian have to learn to live with it , that the world is not as in 71 ...
there is a difference between national interests and friendships between countries , if china can make billions of dollars deals with Indians , Russian can do the same , if Indians want to be big, first they need to think big , relationship between Pakistan, India ,China and Russia is the need of the time , imagine the alliance of those 4 mighty military and economically strong countries , we can make EU and west come on their feet ,every country has its own importance , Pakistan can work as bridge between China and Russian to Middle east countries , Russian and China can help Pakistan and India to develop good relationships and trading, economic corridors... but if Indians will cry and try to mess up with Pakistan , this region will remain on the brink of a war ... Indians have to realize that their country belongs to south Asia , they can afford to have hostile neighborhood ...

India needs assurances all the time. Just a helicopter deal and they freaked out.

What India can do in the next 2 days of Putin's stay is put
out some very big carrots :P before a dollar starved Russia

Russians have played it smart by warming up to Pakistan

The Pakistani angle has really " set " the agenda for India Russia relations
or rather reinvigorated India - Russian ties
That boils down to the Russians 'blackmailing' India into buying their weapons instead of from the West.

'Buy from us or we'll sell to Pakistan'!! :pleasantry: Which needless to say, would get India's goat!

@Oscar After 2 more pages of replies, i'm beginning to see what you were telling. member irrespective of their nationalities are expert in chest thumping.
I was also wondering what if Russia agrees to supply civilian N reactors to Pakistan under IAEA safeguards. What if Russia agrees to lay a central Asian pipeline through Pakistan, that might supply gas to India. I don't think anybody would be pissed off. When there is economics involved, every country has free to choose its own path. China's great relations with Pakistan hasn't dented the trade between India and China one bit. Why should Russia or anyone else be an exception.
Yes it is defence forum, but i guess it is myopic to see relations between any two countries just on the basis of Defence co-operation.
@vostok

@Oscar After 2 more pages of replies, i'm beginning to see what you were telling. member irrespective of their nationalities are expert in chest thumping.
I was also wondering what if Russia agrees to supply civilian N reactors to Pakistan under IAEA safeguards. What if Russia agrees to lay a central Asian pipeline through Pakistan, that might supply gas to India. I don't think anybody would be pissed off. When there is economics involved, every country has free to choose its own path. China's great relations with Pakistan hasn't dented the trade between India and China one bit. Why should Russia or anyone else be an exception.
Yes it is defence forum, but i guess it is myopic to see relations between any two countries just on the basis of Defence co-operation.
@vostok
The ultimate goal of Russia - strong peace on the whole Eurasian continent. It is beneficial both for India and Pakistan.

India’s shift away from defence procurement from Russia is rooted in some regrettable experiences. For the price it paid for the second-hand Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier (now INS Vikramaditya), India could have procured a new one.

The Indian Air Force’s Sukhoi 30 fleet is plagued by groundings due to engine issues and spare part problems.

Tired of the underperforming Russian equipment, India has been giving preference to companies from other countries such as the US, France and Israel over the last few years. Naturally, this has displeased Russia’s prominent military-industrial complex, whose revenues are even more critical now because of the crashing global oil prices.

India’s shift away from defence procurement from Russia is rooted in some regrettable experiences. For the price it paid for the second-hand Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier (now INS Vikramaditya), India could have procured a new one.
Actually it was the delay that led to bitterness. When the deal was signed it was less than a Billion US dollars. later on after finding that the work estimate of conversion of ship was grossly under-estimated, the cost increased. Russia wanted close to about USD 2.8 billion which was settled at 2.2 Billion finally. So there was uneasiness on part of India.
However it is important to point out here that when the deal was signed, India was not in a position to manufacture the ship domestically and at given price, it was the best (& perhaps only available option).
Now looking back, it may look like a costly deal, but given the circumstances, i don't think there were any choices hen.

That boils down to the Russians 'blackmailing' India into buying their weapons instead of from the West.

'Buy from us or we'll sell to Pakistan'!! :pleasantry: Which needless to say, would get India's goat!

Is this the level of respect Russia has for India?

LMAO . Pak’s Dawn.com has admitted that Scope of Russia Pakistan agreement is limited:

"
Responding to questions submitted by The Hindu, Mr
Putin also said the scope of the agreement signed with
Islamabad last month, which was the first of its kind
between Russia and Pakistan, was limited.
"
Russia-Pakistan ties good for India: Putin - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

@Secur

It is limited, but it's a landmark agreement.

Back
Top Bottom