What's new

Punjab Song | Pakistani Punjabis sing emotional song for Indian Farmers | by Lahoriye

Your army is lucky to die at the hands of blood brothers in wars.

It's unfortunate that we fight each other so much but ultimately it's very telling that India has to rely upon Punjabi manpower to achieve anything during Indo-Pak wars. Apparently the rest of you just aren't as competent soldiers.

It's unfortunate that we fight each other so much but ultimately it's very telling that India has to rely upon Punjabi manpower to achieve anything during Indo-Pak wars. Apparently the rest of you just aren't as competent soldiers.

On both sides Punjab are bread basket and they have to give food, cloth, production to all grieving always states and provinces!

Not available ????

There should be a dedicated thread for sharing inspirational messages to protesting Indian farmers.

Eh! No, most recruited are Haryanvi and UPites, also the recruitments have nothing to do with some ultra-powerful Punjabis but rather geographical proximity to border regions where most recruited from these regions are hopeful of getting posted close to their home the second thing has to do with cultural issues, but either way Punjabis are not 'brothers from another mother' as many of you believe. The partition messed up for everyone, especially in Punjab.

Eh! No, most recruited are Haryanvi and UPites, also the recruitments have nothing to do with some ultra-powerful Punjabis but rather geographical proximity to border regions where most recruited from these regions are hopeful of getting posted close to their home the second thing has to do with cultural issues, but either way Punjabis are not 'brothers from another mother' as many of you believe. The partition messed up for everyone, especially in Punjab.

Personal beliefs will not change the fact that we are of the same ethnic group, nor do these circumstances mentioned negate the fact that India's military operations against Pakistan largely depend upon Punjabis to a disproportionate degree.

Personal beliefs will not change the fact that we are of the same ethnic group, nor do these circumstances mentioned negate the fact that India's military operations against Pakistan largely depend upon Punjabis to a disproportionate degree.
I doubt that there are no Punjabi ethnic group. Punjabis are not an ethnic group, they are a linguistic group. Which is slowly getting irrelevant on the Pakistani side I suppose, given Urdu is slowly replacing those languages. You're repeating the same debunked point, I'll simply repeat what I said, IA recruits are mostly from Haryana and UP or the Hindi speaking regions. I don't have operational info or who's posted where, and from what I know postings can be anywhere from Gujarat to Assam. Whatever you believe.

I doubt that there are no Punjabi ethnic group. Punjabis are not an ethnic group, they are a linguistic group. Which is slowly getting irrelevant on the Pakistani side I suppose, given Urdu is slowly replacing those languages. You're repeating the same debunked point, I'll simply repeat what I said, IA recruits are mostly from Haryana and UP or the Hindi speaking regions. I don't have operational info or who's posted where, and from what I know postings can be anywhere from Gujarat to Assam. Whatever you believe.

Punjabis share a common set of traditions, language, history, biraderis, etc. We are an ethnic group even if there is a fair bit of internal divergence. Pakistani Punjabis preferring to use Urdu during formal affairs doesn't change that, and this is far from irrelevant, we now have the Punjabi CM literally calling Ranjit Singh a symbol of Punjabi supremacy :lol:

Having a disproportionately large representation doesn't necessitate making up the majority, and even if this were not the case for the Indian military as a whole it still holds true during Indo-Pak wars.

As a Punjabi I don’t really feel any bonhomie towards indian punjabis. I have no hate towards them but I don’t have any love either. Decent people though, the most decent of Indians along with Nepalis.

Punjabis share a common set of traditions, language, history, biraderis, etc. We are an ethnic group even if there is a fair bit of internal divergence. Pakistani Punjabis preferring to use Urdu during formal affairs doesn't change that, and this is far from irrelevant, we now have the Punjabi CM literally calling Ranjit Singh a symbol of Punjabi supremacy :lol:

Having a disproportionately large representation doesn't necessitate making up the majority, and even if this were not the case for the Indian military as a whole it still holds true during Indo-Pak wars.
Maybe that's the case with Pakistanis where things are about ethnicity and clans. As for Ranjit Singh, well the awam who vandalized his statue certainly don't share his belief or many the so-called Punjabis either, even in here PDF. Members like @PAKISTANFOREVER certainly don't share your biradar Punjabi beliefs but quite the opposite.

Disproportionate numbers in the army are simply due to geography and cultural affiliations, it has nothing to do with things like the powerful ethnic stock. That's precisely how Keralites who lives in the south despite being one of the tallest people don't makeup numbers in Army but have a disproportionate number employed in Navy and Air force, while a Punjabi or Haryanvi make up disproportionate numbers in Army.

Maybe that's the case with Pakistanis where things are about ethnicity and clans. As for Ranjit Singh, well the awam who vandalized his statue certainly don't share his belief or many the so-called Punjabis either, even in here PDF. Members like @PAKISTANFOREVER certainly don't share your biradar Punjabi beliefs but quite the opposite.

Lol this is why dumb southies shouldn't talk about the north of the sub-continent, tribal affiliation is big on your side of Radcliffe line too (in fact, FAR bigger), it isn't just "the case with Pakistanis".

You're not even reading what I said, I am aware of ideological tensions. That doesn't change one's ethnicity.
Disproportionate numbers in the army are simply due to geography and cultural affiliations, it has nothing to do with things like the powerful ethnic stock. That's precisely how Keralites who lives in the south despite being one of the tallest people don't makeup numbers in Army but have a disproportionate number employed in Navy and Air force, while a Punjabi or Haryanvi make up disproportionate numbers in Army.

Simple way to prove me wrong is to take them out of the equation and then see how well you fair :D

Lol this is why dumb southies shouldn't talk about the north of the sub-continent, tribal affiliation is big on your side of Radcliffe line too (in fact, FAR bigger), it isn't just "the case with Pakistanis".

You're not even reading what I said, I am aware of ideological tensions. That doesn't change one's ethnicity.
If I'm to make fun of Punjabis, the common joke that runs around definitely fits this line of speaking. lol
Anyway, good luck with your Punjabi biraders from India, as in the next war if that happens, they will be putting holes in their ethnic cultural brothers. Which is what I said earlier and you started with the whole superior bullcrap.

Back
Top Bottom