What's new

Punjab Government Launches Solid Waste Management Program in 6 Cities

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The chief minister said the solid waste management progrmame was going on successfully with the help of Turkey in the provincial metropolis and it had been decided to expand its scope to Bahawalpur, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Faisalabad and Multan. He directed that best companies and persons should be selected for this purpose whereas TMAs would have no concern with this system. He directed that training should be provided to the officials of these companies by the Turk and local persons and this system be started by October 1. He said solid waste management programme would also be started in rural areas and also issued directions to constitute a committee for evolving a system for the said purpose.

Shahbaz tells tale of govt

Solid Waste Management Company established in Faisalabad

1002130_353371504765814_1702563673_n.png

The chief minister said the solid waste management progrmame was going on successfully with the help of Turkey in the provincial metropolis and it had been decided to expand its scope to Bahawalpur, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Faisalabad and Multan. He directed that best companies and persons should be selected for this purpose whereas TMAs would have no concern with this system. He directed that training should be provided to the officials of these companies by the Turk and local persons and this system be started by October 1. He said solid waste management programme would also be started in rural areas and also issued directions to constitute a committee for evolving a system for the said purpose.

Shahbaz tells tale of govt

im no jokin but da best solid waste prog in Pak so far is in ISL ....CDA etc hav done a great job in ISL...mayb PMLN shud contact thm n study da system n prog to use it in lhr where its needed very urgently....

im no jokin but da best solid waste prog in Pak so far is in ISL ....CDA etc hav done a great job in ISL...mayb PMLN shud contact thm n study da system n prog to use it in lhr where its needed very urgently....

In general it is cleaner than other cities but to be honest, the population there is starting to increase very rapidly and the greenery is starting to fade away. I think they need to control that.

ISL no doubt has a very good WMS but lahore is the city of over 10 million......with unplanned old city areas .... isl & Lahore cannot be compared both hv different requirements ...
however by looking at last eidul-adha ....LWMC did splendid job ...let hope thy can manage much better ..with other cities also ...

In general it is cleaner than other cities but to be honest, the population there is starting to increase very rapidly and the greenery is starting to fade away. I think they need to control that.

yep da population is increasin but da greenry part i dun agree....many plants n trees r planted yearly to keep da city green...

ISL no doubt has a very good WMS but lahore is the city of over 10 million......with unplanned old city areas .... isl & Lahore cannot be compared both hv different requirements ...
however by looking at last eidul-adha ....LWMC did splendid job ...let hope thy can manage much better ..with other cities also ...

whether two million or 10 million....when u wish to provide security n cleanliness to a city,u dun see first wether da population is more or less ok!

wht sort of different requirements both cities hav dat is stoppin da gov to clean da city?:lol: dis is da most funniest reason i read of keepin da city dirty n garbaged filled haha

Its Good to see punjab government is doing their job but when will in other provinces our leaders do this too. Why not specially in karachi which is port city for trading ... I hope it happens soon enough. Congratulations Pakistani's this is good and metro system is magnificent too :)

No marsha dear, it is not the cda but people doing a goood job, we wont find your neighbour aunty through a ripped bin bag on the street, but this is the case in other citirs, its more about people and tgeur atequates....just go i look at backward areas of isb, wapda colony g7,f7golra side are few to name

I went to faislabad once, years ago, in the times of Musharaf. That city was such a mess, congested, with no city planning, lots of mushroom growth. I hope the Punjab government, not just cleans up the mess they make, but also formulate a well thought out city plan and put some regulations on the industries in Faislabad. Those industries/factories, make a mess, and no regulations are there to stop it it seems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom