What's new

PTV to air famous Turkish fiction drama 'Ertugrul' in Urdu

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s state television, the PTV, is set to air a famous Turkish historical fiction series “Dirilis: Ertugrul” dubbed in Urdu soon, the state broadcaster told Arab News on Monday.

The move follows a special request by Prime Minister Imran Khan, who in October recommended the popular TV opera to all Pakistanis as promoting the true Islamic values, and insisted that the five-season series should be dubbed in Urdu.

Often described as a Turkish “Game of Thrones,” by the fans, the series is set in 13th century Anatolia, before the establishment of the Ottoman Empire. It illustrates the struggle of Ertugrul Gazi, the father of Osman I – the founder of the Ottoman dynasty.

Since its premiere on state-run Turkish TV channel TRT 1 in November 2014, the serial has been telecasted in 60 countries.

“We have taken this initiative as the prime minister wants to protect our social, cultural and religious norms,” said Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan, special assistant to the prime minister on information and broadcasting.

“The Muslim world has its own cultural heritage and values, but we are looking into western ones,” she told Arab News in an interview in Islamabad on Monday.
According to Awan, the drama can enlighten and broaden the understanding of the history of Islam, especially among younger generations.

“I attended golden jubilee celebrations ceremony of the OIC (Organization of Islamic Cooperation) in Jeddah last week, where it was also discussed how to improve social, cultural and religious ties between member states by sharing media content,” she said, adding there was a special focus on using the media to improve the perception of Islam in the West and strengthen ties between OIC countries.

“It is also Prime Minister Imran Khan’s vision to share media content to counter Islamophobia and improve understanding of Islamic values,” Awan said.
PTV director for international relations, Shazia Sikander, who is also the head of this project, told Arab News that PTV is dubbing “Dirilis: Ertugrul” in Urdu as it has already secured all rights from TRT.

“PTV has got exclusive rights for dubbing and screening it in Pakistan,” she said, adding that the series is already on PTV’s dub stage, with voice actors selected carefully to make sure the historical drama will captivate to the audience.

https://www.arabnews.pk/node/1593201/pakistan

PTV director for international relations, Shazia Sikander, who is also the head of this project, told Arab News that PTV is dubbing “Dirilis: Ertugrul” in Urdu as it has already secured all rights from TRT.

This is the issue here. PTV has secured all rights to it, hope the dubbing is done properly. I hate badly dubbed shows. Don't remember any reasonable watchable show PTV produced in past 15 years. Before private channels they did pretty god, but that was long time ago...

one needs atleast three years to watch the whole show!

50 mins * 74 episodes * 5 or 6 seasons

I am finishing it in 2,3 months approx. 4 episodes remaining [emoji23][emoji23]

And yes it’s worth it. I am watching it with urdu subtitles. I hope they do a high quality dubbing.
I hate subtitle ...its patience test.

And yes it’s worth it. I am watching it with urdu subtitles. I hope they do a high quality dubbing.
1st season took me forever its a long long show and fight sequences seemed stretched and gets boring!

i stopped after 1st season.

one needs atleast three years to watch the whole show!

50 mins * 74 episodes * 5 or 6 seasons

I watched 5 seasons in just 1 month. It is a marvel. You will love to know who are Turks and what they can do under a great leader.

I watched 5 seasons in just 1 month. It is a marvel. You will love to know who are Turks and what they can do under a great leader.
Don’t the Pak folks already know it?!?! Kutubeddin Aybek, the top general under Sultan Ghori, was a Turkic folk who established the Slave Dynasty in Delhi. And, Babur, another Turkic folk, established the Mughal Empire. And, Hindustan was the richest place of the time.....

Hopefully, in this serial the Pak folks will trace their own heritage via Aybek, Babur, EbdAli etc.!! And, who knows of Jinnah too!!! It’s the mindset at the end of the day....

*I personally don’t watch anything depicting the Ottomans

Last edited:
I watched it on netflix here and i can confirm it was an amazing show, watched all the 5 seasons in a few months.

It has fiction and drama, but overall theme is historical. I have watched 3 seasons, so far it is very good series.
Btw season 1 is already dubbed in Urdu and shown on Hum Sitara about an year ago.

No offense to Turkey or their talent but its not clicking for me..
I am on Episode 12, and I am not seeing any major battle Scene of strong dialog delivery by the Actors, the guy who play Ertugul is giving his best but I feel his coworkers letting him down ..
Titosh Character seems fine, That bald dude with one damage eye ( forget his name ) is doing a horrible acting to be a evil person, I have notice some unnecessary slow motion shots , and story moves very slow .. I am still hopeful and will keep watching because I am kinda interested where it will go :)
I must say watching a series dub in Urdu after a long time is kinda making it weird .

No offense to Turkey or their talent but its not clicking for me..
I am on Episode 12, and I am not seeing any major battle Scene of strong dialog delivery by the Actors, the guy who play Ertugul is giving his best but I feel his coworkers letting him down ..
Titosh Character seems fine, That bald dude with one damage eye ( forget his name ) is doing a horrible acting to be a evil person, I have notice some unnecessary slow motion shots , and story moves very slow .. I am still hopeful and will keep watching because I am kinda interested where it will go :)
I must say watching a series dub in Urdu after a long time is kinda making it weird .
It's still 100 times better than what our drama/film makers have to offer.

Back
Top Bottom