What's new

PTI worker dies after sustaining injuries in Swabi shelling

Imad.Khan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) worker succumbed to his injuries Tuesday after he was allegedly wounded in Swabi as police clashed with protesters.

Peshawar Nazim Mohammad Asim Khan confirmed that party worker Inamullah, president of Pehtal UC 39, had passed away.

Workers describe Inamullah as a young and passionate PTI worker who was at the front of the convoy clashing with police.

PTI workers allege that Inamullah was not treated in time owing to a delay in ambulances moving to the sit-in.

At present, party workers are charged despite having returned from Burhan Interchange, where their attempts to remove barricades were unsuccessful due to police using tear gas.

They are not at the base camp on the motorway, waiting for a nod from party leadership on how to proceed and what routes to take to the capital.

Led by KP Chief Minister Pervez Khattak, PTI workers were on their way to the capital on Monday night when they encountered intense tear gas shelling by police on Haroonabad bridge in Swabi.

Police and Frontier Constabulary personnel used tear gas shells to try and disperse thousands of stick-wielding party workers when they tried to remove barricades put in place by police.

TV footage showed protesters fleeing from clouds of tear gas after leaving the cranes where they were. But they have gathered again at the Haroonabad bridge under the command of KP Chief Minister Pervez Khattak.

Some protesters also fainted due to the shelling, while others were injured by rubber bullets.

Talking to DawnNews, KP government spokesman Mushtaq Ghani said 15 PTI workers had sustained injuries from tear gas shelling.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1293594/pti-worker-dies-after-sustaining-injuries-in-swabi-shelling

inna lillahi wa inallah-e-raji'oon

Last edited:
@notorious_eagle @Zibago @Zarvan @Spring Onion @ali_raza @mr42O @war&peace @Horus @litman @GreenFalcon @Doordie @AsianUnion @Jzaib @HAIDER @haviZsultan @Peaceful Civilian @Oscar @Moonlight

CwKKwS2XEAEL-9n.jpg:large

All this high handedness on part of NS govt might help Imran gain more political mileage out of it, specially when he is highlighting corruption as a main plank in high places

Last edited:
PML N has decided to unleash everything they have. We should prepare ourselves for many more sacrifices.

This "once a harmless protest" is turning into a bloody one. History is in the making.

I have applied for a 10 day leave (this is the leave balance I have as I utilized all of it in July/ August this year) to go to Islamabad and trying to convince my organization to let me go. Do you guys think I will be able to come back on time? or should I donate the equivalent amount that I will be spending on tickets to IK? What's better? Physical presence or money?

Who cares of a man's death in the democracy? If there are "deaths" then a little bit rhetorical bang could happen against Noora..

Which court will take action against the responsibles of this death? Certainly no one..

In Ganjon ko khof b nai ata khuda ka. kitnay khon ka hisaab dain gay hashar k roz

Jai Jamhooriat.... Jai Ganjaa Raaj..!!

PTI should have taken measures and trained their members for First Aid.

" the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

@Zibago

Bus thuuusss ................... ainway e itna shor machaya yara tussaa

after hearing the news of his worker pti imran khan call off the protest and making it the most useless death in the history of pakistan..LOL

RIP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom