What's new

PTI initiates financial assistance scheme for minorities

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Special Advisor to Chief Minister Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa for Minority Affairs Dr Sardar Sooran Singh has said that for the first time in the history of the country the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) led provincial government has initiated a financial assistance scheme for the welfare of widows hailing from the minority Hindu community.

Dr Sardar Sooran Singh said that the initiative would provide relief to the deserving women of the minority community. He made these comments while addressing a cheque distribution ceremony at Kala Bari Hindu temple.

Dr Sardar Sooran Singh said that the government was fully cognizant of the problems faced by the minorities and was taking results-oriented measures to address those problems.

He said that government was mulling over initiating several welfare projects for the minorities that would redress their grievances. PTI would live up to its slogan of change and would make serious efforts to end corruption and nepotism in the province, he added.

He also said that a check and balance system and the Right to Information Act have been introduced in the province to provide people access to the concerned departments and Ministers.

PTI initiates financial assistance scheme for minorities – The Express Tribune

Naya KPK :pakistan:

Good Step! They really need an uplift :)

Good Step! They really need an uplift :)

This is some good news, the minorities need to be treated well......

Special Advisor to Chief Minister Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa for Minority Affairs Dr Sardar Sooran Singh has said that for the first time in the history of the country the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) led provincial government has initiated a financial assistance scheme for the welfare of widows hailing from the minority Hindu community.

Dr Sardar Sooran Singh said that the initiative would provide relief to the deserving women of the minority community. He made these comments while addressing a cheque distribution ceremony at Kala Bari Hindu temple.

Dr Sardar Sooran Singh said that the government was fully cognizant of the problems faced by the minorities and was taking results-oriented measures to address those problems.

He said that government was mulling over initiating several welfare projects for the minorities that would redress their grievances. PTI would live up to its slogan of change and would make serious efforts to end corruption and nepotism in the province, he added.

He also said that a check and balance system and the Right to Information Act have been introduced in the province to provide people access to the concerned departments and Ministers.

PTI initiates financial assistance scheme for minorities – The Express Tribune

Naya KPK :pakistan:

Thank you. Well done PTI and IK. See I am not a reactionary hater of PTI unlike others. I will and do congratulate you guys on your good works. :tup:

As for initiating several projects, how is the KPK government determining what problems the minorities face? Do you guys have a all inclusive committee or advisors from the minority communities? I don't mean to poop on your parade, just asking reasonable questions if you don't mind.

Thank you. Well done PTI and IK. See I am not a reactionary hater of PTI unlike others. I will and do congratulate you guys on your good works. :tup:

As for initiating several projects, how is the KPK government determining what problems the minorities face? Do you guys have a all inclusive committee or advisors from the minority communities? I don't mean to poop on your parade, just asking reasonable questions if you don't mind.

I dont know, but I agree there should be a comprehensive plan developed by PTI minority wing to be executed by KP govt for welfare and social uplift of the minorities. also adequate job opportunities in every governmental department.

Once again Taliban Khan is out their to do the job for poor Pakistanis.. ;)

do you know any details regarding any plan devised by PTI minority regarding uplift of the minorities?

I dont know, but I agree there should be a comprehensive plan developed by PTI minority wing to be executed by KP govt for welfare and social uplift of the minorities. also adequate job opportunities in every governmental department.

It would be great if PTI can maybe organise a committee representing all religious minorities in KPK. This approach would be direct and greatly beneficial for both parties because face to face contact is a great tool to assure someone of your sincerity. Of course it will also allow the communities to bring any problems that arise straight to the governments notice. Keep up the good work, if I had voted last election, PTI would have been close to receiving my vote regardless.

It would be great if PTI can maybe organise a committee representing all religious minorities in KPK. This approach would be direct and greatly beneficial for both parties because face to face contact is a great tool to assure someone of your sincerity. Of course it will also allow the communities to bring any problems that arise straight to the governments notice. Keep up the good work, if I had voted last election, PTI would have been close to receiving my vote regardless.

Its up to the PTI minority wing now, the more they will push, the more chances of their prosperity.. I hope there are competent minority leaders in PTI minority wing.

Khattak increases 100pc job quota for minorities

Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has accorded approval to increase the quota reserved for minorities in government jobs by 100 per cent thus raising it from 1.5 per cent to 3 per cent. It merits mentioning here that Chief Minister Pervez Khattak soon after coming to power had enhanced the minorities quota in the government jobs from 1 per cent to 1.5 per cent.
The CM also decided to create vacancies of Minority Welfare Officers one in each district of the province to look after the affairs of minorities and directed the quarters concerned to move a summary to that effect.
This he decided while talking to a joint delegation of Christian, Hindu and Sikh communities that made a call on meeting with him headed by minority MPA Sardar Sooran Singh at CM Sectt Peshawar and discussed with him matters related to the welfare of the minorities of the province and problems confronting them. On this occasion, the chief minister took serious notice of the kidnapping of a private school teacher Sapna Rani hailing from Hindu community and on the spot directed the high-ups of police to take concrete steps to ensure the timely recovery of the kidnapped and bring the culprits to book.
Talking to the delegates the chief minister said that minorities were an integral part of national mainstream and their role in the overall development of the country and this province had been remarkable, adding that protection of the lives, properties, worship places and rights of minorities was the constitutional as well as religious obligation of everyone including the people and government while it was day light fact that K-P people have fulfilled this duty in befitting manner rather proven safe-guardians of minorities. “The provincial government will leave no stone unturned to protect the lives and properties of minorities and utilize all the available resources for their welfare and protection of their worship places in future as well,” he assured.
Pervez Khattak maintained that the provincial government was working on putting in place such a system wherein the safety of the lives, properties and rights of all the citizens, including minorities was well ensured, where all the citizens were treated equally and where the problems of all the citizens were resolved. He said that that it was possible only when the existing system was changed, corruption, commission, bribery and other evil practices were eliminated and the supremacy of law and justice is upheld and the PTI-led coalition government of the province is working on the same from the very first day of its inception. “People have voted PTI to power in the province for changing the existing system and not for giving government jobs to all and as per our promise made to the people we are working hard to change the system and once the system is changed all the problems of the people will be solved automatically,” the chief minister remarked and added that his government was striving to create a conducive atmosphere for bringing in maximum foreign investment to promote industries in the province so that maximum employment opportunities could be created. Bishop of Peshawar Hamphery Sarfaraz Pittar and other members of the delegation thanked the Chief Minister for taking keen interest in solving the problems of minorities and assured him of all possible support from the minority.

Khattak increases 100pc job quota for minorities

do you know any details regarding any plan devised by PTI minority regarding uplift of the minorities?

After church attacks in Sept, 2013:

1233355_240936262724910_1247920565_n.png

More at: Govt of ‪‎KPK‬ will provide additional foolproof security for minorities and their holly places of worship | PkDebate Daily Pakistani Talk Shows And Much More...

PTI commited to betterment of minorities: Suran Singh

SEATS RESERVED FOR WOMEN AND MINORITIES IN KPK ASSEMBLY - PAKISTAN (FULL LIST) | www.Pakisto.com

Radio Pakistan-
Job quota for minorities has been increased from 1 to 3 percent.

There are some plans to improve conditions of Minorities in KPK.

some efforts, not good enough though..

Due to limited resources my friend, let a couple of years pass. Once a few new projects by KP govt especially in power sector will materialize and start generating revenue, KP govt will be in better position to spend on such welfare projects at that time. Right now, KP govt is badly effected by funds blockade from federal govt. These ganga brothers do not want KP govt to take off right away..

What about Ahmadis? I have seen so many ahmadis who support Imran Khan(crazy right?) but they get no help from PTI.

Back
Top Bottom