What's new

PSLV-C20 launches 7 satellites

HATS OFF to you dude :)

You can see beyond the things seen on the surface :tup:

But, TWO most important things:

1. ISRO is launching multiple satellites for quite sometime now (12+ years), but still we haven't been able to transfer it to missile technology.

2. "R" in MIRV stands for Re-entry, which this satellite certainly wasn't, so still long way to go.

Yup it was not a re entry hence the R in brackets in MI(R)V.
I think the key here is the successful release of independent vehicles so that they go in the correct orbit. Which very much applies to independent release in MIRV as well. The high speed Re entry should not be such a big issue anymore since we have successfully tested re entry of Agni V payload.

Regarding technology transfer from ISRO -> DRDO it has always been a trickle down effect since we try to keep the two very seperate. Good thing is that we have all the pieces of Technology. I won't be surprised if the launch of very first A6 MIRV is successfull (touchwood :) )

Yaar..whats the big deal about ISRO doing PSLV ?

Do you go congratulating Sachin for scoring a four ?

You congratulate him for scoring a century..and that century would be a sucessful GSLV launch..

Waiting for that..

Congratulations to ISRO and my fellow Indians :victory: really proud moments as it involved foreign payloads and this launch has shown our mettle again in front of the world. I missed the launch coz had to go for shopping with wife in the evening. But you guys had done a great job by posting minute by minute updates in this thread :cheers: it was really funny to read the Stage separation commentery too. Good job by isro waiting for the big launch in May. may god bless our scientists and engineers to repeat the success again and again. :)

Yaar..whats the big deal about ISRO doing PSLV ?

Do you go congratulating Sachin for scoring a four ?

You congratulate him for scoring a century..and that century would be a sucessful GSLV launch..

Waiting for that..

lighten up man, every achievement by India is worthy of applause. Just think that only a handful of country can send satellite into space and this accomplishment make Indians proud. So its not a small feat. And every launch has risks. This show that India can build successful and consistent projects. This should put all those talk about how India can't even maintain a Mig-21 to rest as India can consistently send satellite to space, and therefore, build successful operational products.

lighten up man, every achievement by India is worthy of applause. Just think that only a handful of country can send satellite into space and this accomplishment make Indians proud. So its not a small feat. And every launch has risks. This show that India can build successful and consistent projects. This should put all those talk about how India can't even maintain a Mig-21 to rest as India can consistently send satellite to space, and therefore, build successful operational products.

It doesn't always work that way sir. Let us examine certain events, recently the F-35 fleet in the US was grounded, apparently cracks were found in the engine blade, now this by no way means that the US cannot manufacture capable engines or maintain its fleet in an efficient manner. On the contrary there is not a single country that can match the US in engine manufacturing (show me one engine capable of competing with the Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 engine in its range and class anywhere in the world), the US is also unmatched in MRO activities and sundry maintenance. Yet one specific project just seems to get stalled again and again.

Similarly in India's case there are certain projects which are a roaring success. One can quote the examples of the PSLV program, the ABM program, the Arihant nuclear submarine program, our missile program. BUT, then again we cannot build even basic components for the infantry such as a modern assault rifle, do we lack the technology- clearly not, but we do lack the production centers that will manufacture high numbers of highly durable assault rifles consistently. We come up short in many MRO related spheres simply beacuse of bad management and blatant "babugiri". There are real technological gaps/hurdles/bottlenecks too, delays caused by these are justified and are only overcome by time consuming R&D. What this proves is that every individual project must be viewed with its individual merit- commonalities do not always exist. BUT, this proves that our space program's success in no panacea- it does not ensure us success in all our other projects- lamentably.

It doesn't always work that way sir. Let us examine certain events, recently the F-35 fleet in the US was grounded, apparently cracks were found in the engine blade, now this by no way means that the US cannot manufacture capable engines or maintain its fleet in an efficient manner. On the contrary there is not a single country that can match the US in engine manufacturing (show me one engine capable of competing with the Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 engine in its range and class anywhere in the world), the US is also unmatched in MRO activities and sundry maintenance. Yet one specific project just seems to get stalled again and again.

Similarly in India's case there are certain projects which are a roaring success. One can quote the examples of the PSLV program, the ABM program, the Arihant nuclear submarine program, our missile program. BUT, then again we cannot build even basic components for the infantry such as a modern assault rifle, do we lack the technology- clearly not, but we do lack the production centers that will manufacture high numbers of highly durable assault rifles consistently. We come up short in many MRO related spheres simply beacuse of bad management and blatant "babugiri". There are real technological gaps/hurdles/bottlenecks too, delays caused by these are justified and are only overcome by time consuming R&D. What this proves is that every individual project must be viewed with its individual merit- commonalities do not always exist. BUT, this proves that our space program's success in no panacea- it does not ensure us success in all our other projects- lamentably.

Very well put. unfortunately for India, I get more thanks than you do. Lamentably, only KRAIT thank you so far and he is the other respectful Indian member in here besides Joe Sherer.

8 missions? The PSLV rocket we launched had a payload of 7 satellites, was that what you meant?

I read a thread that count each payload as a mission. Is that true in India?

Indians here thanks any foreigner in droves that compliments India. Easiest way to get thanks. :lol:

I'm just speaking the truth about each and every accomplishment by ISRO. But Dillinger also described the hard facts about the current state of India. I believe that Indians should take note and appreciate. But only Krait is doing that.

Very well put. unfortunately for India, I get more thanks than you do. Lamentably, only KRAIT thank you so far and he is the other respectful Indian member in here besides Joe Sherer.

We don't post here for the thanks. :laugh: Besides many members on this forum are senior posters for whom what I posted will probably not be anything new.

As far as each payload being considered as a separate mission, I can't really amplify on that. It might be possible though since some of these satellites have to be placed in different orbits and altitudes. Perhaps a senior member can clarify this in a more apt and befitting manner.

Each payload needs to eject from vessel & put accurately in orbit, so it count each payload as a mission.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom