Protesters in Balochistan demonstrate against border violation by Iran

Why is Pakistan quite?

• Total voters

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Protesters in Balochistan demonstrate against border violation by Iran – The Express Tribune

QUETTA: People of Mashkail town in Balochistan took out a procession on Monday to protest against Iranian border guards who allegedly fired mortars into populated areas. No one was hurt in the incident.

The township shares a border with the Jalk district of Iranian Balochistan.

Assistant Commissioner Asghar Siapad said he has informed the provincial home department about the border violation.

Dozens of people participated in the procession and chanted slogans against Iran for the attacks. “Border violations by Iran have become norm in Mashkail. A mosque was partially damaged in the attack,” Mir Noor Mohammed, one of the protesters, told The Express Tribune.

Most of the shops in the town remained closed for several hours as people joined the rally.

“A couple of years ago, two women and man died due to the mortars fired by Iranian guards. Pakistan should take action and take up the issue with Iran,” Jiaend Khan, an elder of the area said.

After marching on the main road, the protesters held a sit-in in front of the Assistant Commissioner Office and Frontier Corps (FC) camp to lodge their protest. The protesters dispersed after officials assured them that Pakistan will take up the issue with Iran.

A few days ago, Iran’s helicopter had also violated Pakistan airspace. “We have spoken to Iran’s local administration but they have denied any involvement,” said Asghar Siapad, Assistant Commissioner of Mashkail.

The Iranian authorities have claimed that their forces are taking action against narcotic dealers, human trafficking, and drug pushers and whenever they get a chance they push the people across the Iranian border.

The best way to go about this is behind closed curtains, lodging a formal complaint openly and in front of the people and media is not the right way.

Iran is important to us and we are important to them, there's been more of this lately because of the dire situation faced in both countries, ultra nationalism and edgy people.

If they've made a bad move, then it's our job to go about things cautiously.

The option of "Baluchistan is of lesser strategic importance" should be removed from the poll as it sends a negative and misguiding image to people especially people of Baluchistan

The option of "Baluchistan is of lesser strategic importance" should be removed from the poll as it sends a negative and misguiding image to people especially people of Baluchistan

Adding to that, Balochistan is actually of huge strategic importance, the future could prove it to be more important in some respects than other provinces.

Also, due to the fact that Pakistan only has a handful of very large provinces, no-one can say that one is important while the other isn't.

But, for all intents and purposes, I've already messed with the OP's poll, if anyone does check that option, which I doubt any sane person would, we have the right to contest that opinion.

I don't care about Baluchistan, all i care is about the people within.
How shall we make sure, that Iran would not shell Pakistan's densely populated areas!

I don't care about Baluchistan, all i care is about the people within.
How shall we make sure, that Iran would not shell Pakistan's densely populated areas!

Its lack of political will. The Iranians must understand that they are causing unwanted fuss. Sooner or later we might decide to hit back at the ayatollahs.

1: Take it up diplomatically, to address any border issues.
2: If they don't listen- fire back.

Its lack of political will. The Iranians must understand that they are causing unwanted fuss. Sooner or later we might decide to hit back at the ayatollahs.

1: Take it up diplomatically, to address any border issues.
2: If they don't listen- fire back.

Its certainly lack of political will... because those distant and small villages and not king makers but what is Iran's problem? Why they talk in the language of shelling alone?
To me Iranian attitude is just extension of India's cold start doctrine.

Its certainly lack of political will... because those distant and small villages and not king makers but what is Iran's problem? Why they talk in the language of shelling alone?
To me Iranian attitude is just extension of India's cold start doctrine.

Hold, your horses dude. FC is more than capable of dealing with any Iranian delusion-aries should it hit the fan. We shouldn't be creating more animosity towards Iran or any other regional nation for that matter.

Great now iran violates our borders not once but twice. This is lack of political will. Whos going to violate pakistani soil next? 
Hold, your horses dude. FC is more than capable of dealing with any Iranian delusion-aries should it hit the fan. We shouldn't be creating more animosity towards Iran or any other regional nation for that matter.
Why should we not create animosity? Whats wrong with u? Yes we do have too much on our plate at the moment but that does not justify the fact that iran sent mortars into our soil. It ruins our credibility and further tarnishes our reputation. It already is bad as it is. Anyone of those people could have easily died in the shelling and im sure that if one of ur loved ones died from it u wouldnt be giving the same opinion as u are now. We need politicians that work for the peoplr not them selves and ull see a vast majority of our problems vanish.

Last edited:
Great now iran violates our borders not once but twice. This is lack of political will. Whos going to violate pakistani soil next? 

Why should we not create animosity? Whats wrong with u? Yes we do have too much on our plate at the moment but that does not justify the fact that iran sent mortars into our soil. It ruins our credibility and further tarnishes our reputation. It already is bad as it is. Anyone of those people could have easily died in the shelling and im sure that if one of ur loved ones died from it u wouldnt be giving the same opinion as u are now. We need politicians that work for the peoplr not them selves and ull see a vast majority of our problems vanish.

As i said, this is just an agitation that can be fixed by diplomatic means. If it comes to hitting the fan, we can make Iranians run back into caves at any given time.

We must avoid using force until, its absolutely necessary !

I think the current leadership in Iran may be anti Pakistan. Well no one cares about that...Pakistan should talk to them secretly & show it's concern & if the violation doesn't stop then obviously it will have no option other than replying in the same way.

As i said, this is just an agitation that can be fixed by diplomatic means. If it comes to hitting the fan, we can make Iranians run back into caves at any given time.

Yes I agree. But I doubt our politicians will act upon this. Lets wait and see what happens

Yes I agree. Lets wait and see what response our politicians give

I have my trust but.. i'm discussing what Iran is thinking while shelling Pakistani villages? and french kissing hidus!
Hope you know, this is nothing new but refreshed lately. 
Iranian shells land in Balochistan - DAWN.COM

Iranian shells land in Balochistan

QUETTA, Nov 17: Iranian forces fired several mortars that landed in Mashkel area of the remote Washuk district on Sunday night, according to sources.

The official sources said it was the second time in a week that shells fired from across the Iranian border had landed in Pakistani territory. A few days ago five mortar shells landed and exploded in the same Mashkel area.

About the shelling on Sunday night, they said: “Some of the shells exploded near a populated area.”

However, no loss of life or property was reported.

Well deploy a few naval ships and let it rip if they keep being stupid. They are asking for it...

Iran plays quite a dirty role in Balochistan unrest as well.

Back
Top Bottom