What's new

Prospect of civil nuclear deal with Pakistan unlikely: White House

jaydee

Reaction score
Country
India

The prospect of a civil nuclear deal with Pakistan being talked about in the public domain is quite unlikely, the White House has said, but acknowledged that the US is in talks with Islamabad on issues related to nuclear safety and security.

"I know there's been a lot of public speculation about this (a civilian nuclear deal with Pakistan). In asking the same question to a lot of our folks here who are working on this issue, I would not be overly excited about the prospects of reaching the kind of agreement that is being speculated about publicly," White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters at his daily news conference yesterday.

"Pakistan's Prime Minister will be here next week to meet with the President, and I'm wondering if you can confirm for us that the US is, in fact, serious about trying to work out a civilian nuclear deal with Pakistan and whether this is something that will come up in the meeting," he was asked by a White House reporter.

At this point, the US has been engaged with Pakistan as well as the rest of the international community, on issues related to nuclear safety and security, Earnest said.

"We continue to have confidence that the government of Pakistan is well aware of the range of potential threats to its nuclear arsenal, and we continue to be confident that Pakistan has a professional and dedicated security force that understands the importance and the high priority that the world places on nuclear security," he said in response to a question.

"The expectation that we have is that a deal like the one that's been discussed publicly is not something that's likely to come to fruition next week. But the United States and Pakistan are regularly engaged in a dialogue about the importance of nuclear security," Earnest said.

"I would anticipate that that dialogue would include conversations between the leaders of our two countries," he said in response to another question.PTI

This is a positive development.
why should Pakistan's Nuclear and Missile program be guided and dictated by enemies of Pakistan ?
There is no need to cap the number of nuclear weapons or the range of missiles as per American diktats.
I was worried that ICBM and MIRV projects if existing would be shelved.
Alhamdulillah.

This is a positive development.
why should Pakistan's Nuclear and Missile program be guided and dictated by enemies of Pakistan ?
There is no need to cap the number of nuclear weapons or the range of missiles as per American diktats.
I was worried that ICBM and MIRV projects if existing would be shelved.
Alhamdulillah.
There will be no civil nuclear deal but efforts are on to restrict Pakistans nuclear capabilities.

The fact that the americans are rushing around to curb our nuclear weapons development programs shows that Pakistan is doing something right. With india making massive purchases of western and Russian advanced military hardware, Pakistan is trying to indigenously counter these moves (with Chinese help) which has made the Pakistani armed forces a major power to contend with. With the Saudi Arabian military totally dependent on the west and the Iranian nuclear weapons program now neutralized, Pakistan is the ONLY Muslim country that has a credible and efficient armed forces backed with a growing and advancing nuclear weapons program. The americans know that if this continues then Pakistan will be a major military power in the future. Having a Muslim nation reach that level is unacceptable to the Zionists so an attempt is being made to nullify this. Unfortunately there are many anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistani, indian/west loving limp-wristed liberal traitors in Pakistan who are willing to go along with this american plan. The only thing stopping these liberal traitors doing this is that they know full well that they would be lynched and torn to shreads by decent, Islamic and patriotic Pakistanis should they sign the crippling civilian nuclear deal with the americans.

Now count the number of times you have said "Muslim" in the context of Ummah? Well, I've news for you. Ummah is a dead donkey. Long live Pakistan.

The fact that the americans are rushing around to curb our nuclear weapons development programs shows that Pakistan is doing something right. With india making massive purchases of western and Russian advanced military hardware, Pakistan is trying to indigenously counter these moves (with Chinese help) which has made the Pakistani armed forces a major power to contend with. With the Saudi Arabian military totally dependent on the west and the Iranian nuclear weapons program now neutralized, Pakistan is the ONLY Muslim country that has a credible and efficient armed forces backed with a growing and advancing nuclear weapons program. The americans know that if this continues then Pakistan will be a major military power in the future. Having a Muslim nation reach that level is unacceptable to the Zionists so an attempt is being made to nullify this. Unfortunately there are many anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistani, indian/west loving limp-wristed liberal traitors in Pakistan who are willing to go along with this american plan. The only thing stopping these liberal traitors doing this is that they know full well that they would be lynched and torn to shreads by decent, Islamic and patriotic Pakistanis should they sign the crippling civilian nuclear deal with the americans.

We don't really need a civil nuclear deal with string attached. When we are already getting reactors from China than there is nothing for us to lose. A deal if it comes without conditions is welcome

The prospect of a civil nuclear deal with Pakistan being talked about in the public domain is quite unlikely, the White House has said, but acknowledged that the US is in talks with Islamabad on issues related to nuclear safety and security.

There won't be a civil nuclear deal in this meeting. But the chances to start discussions with POTUS and some of the Republicans are there. Which, can work out later. There will be a new POTUS in the office soon so the ground work can start and it'll take a while to work out kinks on both sides (Dems and Reps), so this isn't going to get finalized in this one visit. But the foundation of later discussions can definitely start.

There won't be a civil nuclear deal in this meeting. But the chances to start discussions with POTUS and some of the Republicans are there. Which, can work out later. There will be a new POTUS in the office soon so the ground work can start and it'll take a while to work out kinks on both sides (Dems and Reps), so this isn't going to get finalized in this one visit. But the foundation of later discussions can definitely start.
Hi,

True, no doubt. But, certainly it gives birth to an atmosphere where deal such as this one or other can be worked out

Now count the number of times you have said "Muslim" in the context of Ummah? Well, I've news for you. Ummah is a dead donkey. Long live Pakistan.

No reference to the Ummah whatsoever. Was explaining things from the zionist POV. Many Pakistanis may want to distance themselves from Islam and Islamic culture but the zionists will always bunch ALL Pakistanis as zealous Muslims. The zionists have a morbid fascination with Ummah, Islam and Islamic culture. For some reason they want to subjegate all Muslim nations more than anything.

Hi,

True, no doubt. But, certainly it gives birth to an atmosphere where deal such as this one or other can be worked out

The minute a deal is reached, that will signal the end of Pakistan. The Muslim hating, effeminate limp wristed Pakistani liberals want to do this. They have so far been prevented by the religious conservatives and the military.

The minute a deal is reached, that will signal the end of Pakistan. The Muslim hating, effeminate limp wristed Pakistani liberals want to do this. They have so far been prevented by the religious conservatives and the military.
Hi,

Lets put sentiments aside and then talk. I did not say that this deal should follow in particular, But rather streesed the need for an atmosphere where by we can look forward to a healthy mature relationship. Ofc its entirely up to us to accept or refuse

Long live Pakistan .... Be Blessed my loving Country Pakistan.

Great decision thank you papa Sam. Our Nukes are not at their discretion to be be discussed as it suits them. By going down this route we would have handed our security over to them and that is unacceptable for any nation. We can get nuclear tech from a reliable supplier and the papa Sam's reign of terror is laughable and no longer taken seriously.

Hi,

Lets put sentiments aside and then talk. I did not say that this deal should follow in particular, But rather streesed the need for an atmosphere where by we can look forward to a healthy mature relationship. Ofc its entirely up to us to accept or refuse

The Iraqis also had a mature, sensible and diplomatic atmosphere with the americans between september 2002 to february 2003. Yet they were still massacred by them. Milions dead and a nation completely destroyed. Make no mistake about it, had we not had nuclear weapons and a powerful large military our fate would have been the same. Force, power and fearlessness is everything. Dialogue with the americans is meaningless. They just want to weaken us. Iraq and Afghanistan are prime examples. In all honesty, I have no fear of india or any other nation except america. I fear they may try to do to us what they did to the innocent Iraqis. Besides Pakistan simply DOES NOT have enough nuclear weapons for credible defence contrary to popular myth. Pakistan needs AT LEAST 1000 active nuclear weapons including long range thermonuclear bombs and massive hydrogen bombs, "continent busters"
america is a nation we need to be wary of and make adequate defences against.

That is because of Pakistan's unwillingness to contain tactical nuclear arsenal. So nothing is happening here.

Back
Top Bottom