What's new

Programme head claims F-35 has no rivals in the air

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
No aircraft in the world today could take on the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and survive, the head of the Pentagon's F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) said on 24 February.

In a robust defence of the F-35's capabilities at a media briefing in Canberra, Lieutenant General Christopher Bogdan said critics of the programme "have no data to base their opinions on".

"I have the data," he said. "I have the pilots who are flying the airplane. Here is what I will tell you: there is not an airplane in the world today anywhere that, if put up against an F-35 in an air-to-air environment, we would not see them first, shoot them first, and kill them first."

Rest of article behind a paywall.
Programme head claims F-35 has no rivals in the air | IHS Jane's 360

It has a rival on the ground, he is called a charming afgan with an anti air craft gun.

No aircraft in the world today could take on the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and survive, the head of the Pentagon's F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) said on 24 February.

In a robust defence of the F-35's capabilities at a media briefing in Canberra, Lieutenant General Christopher Bogdan said critics of the programme "have no data to base their opinions on".

"I have the data," he said. "I have the pilots who are flying the airplane. Here is what I will tell you: there is not an airplane in the world today anywhere that, if put up against an F-35 in an air-to-air environment, we would not see them first, shoot them first, and kill them first."

Rest of article behind a paywall.
Programme head claims F-35 has no rivals in the air | IHS Jane's 360

Hmmm...I've never came across any products in the market that claim their product are the worse.:partay:

Did anyone expect the program head of F35 to claim the F35 sucks dead goats balls---even if it does suck ?

That DSI technology not working out too well, eh? ;)

Many people are not understanding or maybe choosing to act naive. Lets agree on first thing isnt F22 raptor a best Air superiority fighter at this present time? Is there any other fighter that can match F22 in the intended role that F22 was built for? I dont think so. Same way there is nothing as i write which can match F35 in what its real purpose is. A 5th gen aircraft being able to detect enemy(data from F22s and AWACS availble to F35) before it can detect you and engage the bogey and be out safely. Neither Russians nor Chinese are operating a system like F35 as we speak. F35 will be a legend just like f16. 5th Gen, low cost, superior weapons system,ability to transform into upgraded blocks and to be a complement to F22. Pilots experience and its tactics will be way ahead. So all in all it is a decade ahead of any fighter for its intended purpose. Don't know how soon other countries can match up to above stated goodies on their 5th Gen fighters.

So where are the Osprey's critics ?

Aaahhh...They moved over to the F-35.

David axe is a hack and has proven himself a hack since he outright lied about that control law test and painted it as a dogfight which the F-35 lost against a 40 year old F-16. The F-35 is a game changer.

These videos will dispel most myths.

If you still believe that the world's premier air force, 2 countries whose militaries are a matter of survival (South Korea and Israel) and a host of other militaries are being fooled or bribed or arm twisted by lockheed martin into buying an inferior craft, then there isn't much to say that will convince you otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom