What's new

Professionals please analyse Tejas and JF-17 on Airshow performance

In this case, specifics begin with temperature : the Thunder flew on a cloudy 20ish celsius day
in Paris while the LCA got a tad more sun and warmth aplenty. Not comparable.

The temperature in Bahrain during the airshow was in the mid-20's, not warm.

Thank you Khafee mate! I'd recalled higher even though I know the date to be chosen for reasonable temps.
That precision evens things out on that measurement but doesn't refute the general idea. Strengthens it if anything! :azn:

Read you soon, Tay.

Thank you Khafee mate! I'd recalled higher even though I know the date to be chosen for reasonable temps.
That precision evens things out on that measurement but doesn't refute the general idea. Strengthens it if anything! :azn:

Read you soon, Tay.
Off topic:
Your repeated usage of word "Mate" makes me think of you as a Caucasian with Australian accent with a picture of Ricky Ponting..
:cheers: " Cheers Mate"!!

LOL Caucasian yes accent depending on environment but East-coast classic american based.
I picked up mate young as fun and kept it while serving and also because I have pro sailor friends.

Nice touch in bringing that up, mate! :p: Tay.

Off topic closed.

First of all airshows shows shouldn't be the factors of aircraft's capabilities. As many capabilities are kept as secret so your enemies don't know about you capabilities in real war scenarios.

Having said that thanks for opening the thread for reasonable debate. Which am looking for so badly.

I have few questions to all you fan boys and defence professionals and defence experts from all over the world.
I have divided major parameters on which fighter jets can be compared as far as my knowledge. So at least from what we have seen on videos like demo or air shows.

1) Take Off. - Given the fact that airfields are the first targets at times of war Short takeoff with full capacity is very important factor.

Question- What is the minimum take off distance for both

2)Range : This factors is very important for the same reason I have mentioned in point one. At times airbase are created where enemy don't have enough reach. As I may say less probably to be targeted.

3) High Gs : Basic factor which can be used to compare an aircraft's superiority over another. Tight G turns and tight and quick change in course decides the winner at Close combat warfare. WVR

4) Airframe lifetime : This factor is very important for an aircraft which is looking to export to our allies. If an project to be successful it needs more orders to keep it alive and infuse more money into it for upgraded versions.

5) High altitudes : Wow how amazing it could be to target your opponents from where they can't reach? I give it a top most priority for many missions from BVR to Air to ground targeting.

6)Low level flying & stability : My final point am curious is about this. This capability will give an aircraft it's much needed dark spots where it can duck and Dodge the radar signals while flying low. And gives it capability to surprise our enemies.

I like to know about your views on these points.

Good thread thanks :)

Tejas is a very cleaver design. Who ever helped us it doesn't matters. The delta wing of Tejas it's it more space for different types of weapons carrying capacity and very good for bombing run with low flying capabilities thanks to its delta wing configuration.

Tejas could be more stealthy than JF 17 or Gripin too. Thanks to its composite structure and design in general.

JF17 has its own unique character. But I really think the design is pretty much out dated. Structural remodeling of Tejas is easier and cheaper than in JF17 . But all aircrafts around the world are made for particular country that get accessed by other nations. So in this term JF17 is of Chinese designed for them against Indian Migs and US F16s operators in Asia. So it could fair well with Pakistan with Less airforce budget.

But we know PAF is bent over to aquire F16s and J10 even when they have production line of JF17. That's some official transcript of JF17 I think. All aircraft need to be evolved into the future. Same will go with JF17 and Tejas.

I have to point out that the Chinese experts have appreciated Tejas capabilities and it's designs over JF17 too.
Trust me, it is more stealthy than it is credited for.

Back
Top Bottom