What's new

Price of diesel hiked by Rs 5, subsidized LPG restricted to 6 cylinders a y

gslv

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: The government on Thursday approved a steep hike on diesel price in a politically risky move to rein in the fiscal deficit. The cabinet committee on political affairs approved the hike in a meeting at the Prime Minister's residence.

The price of diesel is hiked by Rs 5. However, the price of PDS kerosene and petrol were left unchanged. The panel also restricted the number of subsidized LPG cylinders a family can have. Under the new proposal, the number of cylinders is restricted to 6 cylinders per family per year.

State-run oil marketing companies are losing Rs 550 crore everyday on under-recoveries as a result of higher crude prices in the global markets. They make a loss of Rs 19 per litre on diesel sales, Rs 32.7 per litre on kerosene sales, and Rs 347 per cylinder on cooking gas sales every day.

NOW I HATE THIS CONGRESS GOVT MORE THAN ANYTHING:frown::sick::angry:

The increase in diesel price will have a cascading effect on inflation..damn Our greastest economist ever PM.

whats more amusing that they limited the no. subsidized LPG cylinders 6 per yr. how a normal family consist of 5 ppl can live on one gas cylinder per 2 months. :sick::frown:

Does that only 6 lpg cylinder per year rule apply even for joint families

what will be cost of un-subsidized LPG ???

watch NDTV,they are supporting this hike.....

The hike was inevitable, but since its a political "hot potato" was being put off for so long.
What amazes me is the degree of subsidy that GoI has undertaken to bear. So there is this amazing phenomenon of Mercedes-Benz, Audis, BMWs and Land-Cruiser Prados etc. running on subsidised Diesel. That can happen only in India- a farm tractor gets the same benefits as a high-end automobile!

Govts. in India (all the effing bl00dy govts.) subsidise fuel and subsidise wastage and inefficiency while sponsoring corruption.

whats more amusing that they limited the no. subsidized LPG cylinders 6 per yr. how a normal family consist of 5 ppl can live on one gas cylinder per 2 months. :sick::frown:
Infact I support this step of hiking price of diesel and the limit on subsides lpg cylinder..
We will have to understand that currently government is having a load of around 2,00,000 lakh crores rupees just by subsiding the fuel and other natural gases..
But you all missed one thing that Governement had reduced the excise duty on petrol thus its price is reduced by 5.3 Rs/lit, but they didn't allow that price to go down by increasing that price :lol: And thank you for not hiking the pricing of kerosene, as it is used by very poor people in India..

what will be cost of un-subsidized LPG ???

watch NDTV,they are supporting this hike.....
Its more than 810 Rs :lol:..

Yes, I have noticed that from past 6-7 months NDTV is more of a pro-congressi channel.. but still much better hindi channel compared to other hindi channels..

but how the hell can one family whose income is around lower middle class can afford the unsubsidised gas if any sort of need arises?

Does that only 6 lpg cylinder per year rule apply even for joint families
yes it does.
if some sort of throttling is needed it should be perperson basis in the family, not a blanket ones like this.:sick:

Infact I support this step of hiking price of diesel and the limit on subsides lpg cylinder..
We will have to understand that currently government is having a load of around 2,00,000 lakh crores rupees just by subsiding the fuel and other natural gases..

But you all missed one thing that Governement had reduced the excise duty on petrol thus its price is reduced by 5.3 Rs/lit, but they didn't allow that price to go down by increasing that price :lol: And thank you for not hiking the pricing of kerosene, as it is used by very poor people in India..

So you think the money saved by this rise will go to reducing the Fiscal deficit......I think you trust Con-Gr8 too much....
Kamin_y agar gotala kam kare to to ye deficit bina kuch kiya katam ho jayega.....but thy won't do that when they have huge middle class to bear the brunt of it........:hitwall:

but Anyways if things happen for what they are intended for ...i too have no objection 4 this rise :D

P.S:- On lighter side

Lagta hain Ab mujhe mere 2 BHK Apartment mein wo gaon ka mitti se bana huwa lakdi jalanewala chula bana padega..Ab to khana usi par banega:lol:

Even poor people use LPG in tamil nadu and they definitely cant afford cylinder @ Rs 750+...lot of people in my village are going to suffer now.

This is hell. As the Diesel prices goes high, vegetables and other commodities price will also gonna steep coz of agricultural and transportation impact. and fcuk yeah 6 cylinders p/y.. thank you very much.. now there will be strikes for renewing bus/taxi charges, at the end of the day common man's life suck$

I support the price hike.

Govt. should also take a bold step and ban kerosine sale subsidy because its used in mixing in it diesel.

I support the price hike.

Govt. should also take a bold step and ban kerosine sale subsidy because its used in mixing in it diesel.

Thats an inconvenient truth that Govt wants to overlook.

Anyways my mom is going to get very upset tomorrow when she wakes up.:D

Lagta hain Ab mujhe mere 2 BHK Apartment mein wo gaon ka mitti se bana huwa lakdi jalanewala chula bana padega..Ab to khana usi par banega:lol:

You can use this

stove.jpg

Thats an inconvenient truth that Govt wants to overlook.

Anyways my mom is going to get very upset tomorrow when she wakes up.:D

abhi utha ker Aunty jee ko batao ke ammi jee general imran khan of defence.pk ne ap ke liye massage bhega hai :D

Back
Top Bottom