What's new

Presstv:in 2050 saudi, turkish, Pakistans GDP-PPP better than Irans

Good, Turkey is also not under sanctions and didn't experience an 8 year war that costs nearly 600 billion dollars.
We are in war since 80's but you have to know it because all our neighbours used pkk against us to slow-down Turkey.We spent much more than Iran but we are hardworking people we done better than you without petrol moneyo_O

Turkey, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine the region with all four of these countries getting on with each other and co-operating in Economical-Political-Social issues? No foreign nation would ever dare to meddle in the affairs of this region again.

I hope that such a thing becomes a reality in my lifetime, although I very much doubt it at the moment, even if I really wish for it.

We are in war since 80's but you have to know it because all our neighbours used pkk against us to slow-down Turkey.We spent much more than Iran but we are hardworking people we done better than you without petrol moneyo_O
The only luck you have is that you've no araboid beards ruling you. That's it, else Iran would even maybe further than Turkey now.

Compare our economies till 1979:
http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/turkey/gdp-per-capita

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/iran/gdp-per-capita

Last edited:
If we have free trade between ECO states, we might have a much brighter future.

The only luck you have is that you've no araboid beards ruling you. That's it, else Iran would even maybe further than Turkey now.

Compare our economies till 1979:
http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/turkey/gdp-per-capita

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/iran/gdp-per-capita

One of the reasons that led to the Islamic revolution in Iran in 1979 was economy crisis , the fact that Shah ignored economists that warns him that his new era plans would just increase money in stock, inflation and finally cause recession.
So no matters who you are araboid beards as you described or Shah at the end it's reasoning and science that would help you without them and as experts warned Shah back in 70s revolution is inevitable .

What of the reason that led to revolution was economy crisis , the fact that Shah ignored economists that warns him that his new era plans would just increase money in stock, inflation and finally cause recession.
So no matters who you are araboid beards as you described or Shah at the end reasoning and science that would help you without them and as experts warned Shah back in 70s revolution is inevitable .
Yes shah was also doing bad, but even during shah our economy was better than Turkey.

Keep in mind that on the one hand Iran has more natural recourses than Saudi Arabia but on the other hand it has more people to feed. Under normal circumstances, Iran would be as rich as Saudi Arabia and therefore significantly richer than Turkey. And as a Turk I'm totally fine with this idea. Having a strong and rich and large neighbouring country comes with many benefits for our economy.

The current Turkish figures are generally neither excellent nor very bad.

Last edited:
Yes shah was also doing bad, but even during shah our economy was better than Turkey.

Turkey recently and since new millennium and after taking power of AK Party in this country started its economic growth before that nothing significant. what I meant is , the same mistakes of Shah have been repeated again in IR ... for example after war and during Ahmadinejad term ... so if you don't learn you don't grow and it has nothing with being araboid beards or Shah

Turkey recently and since new millennium and after taking power of AK Party in this country started its economic growth before that nothing significant. what I meant is , the same mistakes of Shah have been repeated again in IR ... for example after war and during Ahmadinejad term ... so if you don't learn you don't grow and it has nothing with being araboid beards or Shah
Being open, motivated, nationalist in work-ethics and keeping the brains inside the country certainly helps. Also a big part of Iranian economy is in hands of government. Before Erdogan Turkey had invested a lot, Erdogan picked the fruits.

Good, Turkey is also not under sanctions and didn't experience an 8 year war that costs nearly 600 billion dollars.

But one then is entitled to ask, why my regime (the Iranian regime) couldn't reduce the war's lengthy time, and why is the whole world imposed sanctions on my country? The Iran-Iraq war is far less complicated than WW II, yet it took longer time to finish than WW II. There would not have been any sanctions if the Iranian regime realizes the point where it should stop. Politics is the art of what you can achieve, not what you hope you can achieve.

Before Erdoğan: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Turkish_economic_crisis
And I don't think that nationalism is important to become a prosperous and wealthy country.
If I'm not wrong in 1999 Turkey already had decided to become a candidate state for EU, but therefore they had to implement deep reforms in the economy, they were related to each other. That was before erdogan/akp. However no one denies growth and reform of Turkish economy during Erdogan.

If I'm not wrong in 1999 Turkey already had decided to become a candidate state for EU, but therefore they had to implement deep reforms in the economy, they were related to each other. That was before erdogan/akp. However no one denies growth and reform of Turkish economy during Erdogan.

So in your opinion the tazis are behind Iran's economic problems (despite Iranians being the least religious in the ME)?

Back
Top Bottom