9fcc7c77-7624-48dc-9f0b-e93bc870239f_size294_w962_h698.jpg
5c6b49fc964bb4c_size339_w1600_h900.jpg
72d4bcd1cf6d389_size68_w800_h600.jpg
12e33f3f-dd25-4293-a57b-ef99c49118a8_size243_w962_h641.jpg
99464e22-98a9-4840-bae0-7b24cdd53508_size277_w962_h641.jpg
b6327a25-1407-4ee0-b5a9-fb21cf8724e2_size246_w962_h641.jpg
77e4229f-1ca6-4fa0-96ad-cf63be77c0da_size169_w962_h679.jpg

Statement Regarding Recent Executive Order Concerning Extreme Vetting

“America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave.

We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.

I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.”

Good going...Canada is next destination ISIS!

People jumping to conclusions. And I really don't get this fetish for demise of US as if the country is some piece of paper that can be easily shredded. This entire world will perish one day. Worry about the future of yours.

More importantly, developments like the one mentioned in this thread are temporary and represent emergency measures. People should start using some common sense. Learn a thing or two about conflict management. Terrorist incidents continue to occur in US from time-to-time and they are adopting measures to combat it. In-fact, Pakistan should have taken a similar step years ago because the country is plagued with menace of terrorism and a large number of militants turned out to be foreigners.

Now, coming to the main point; Donald Trump is a man of his word. A slap on the face of those who were thinking that he was joking all along during his election campaign. This is the hallmark of being a true leader; he respects the sentiments of those who elect him and he delivers when he has the chance.

A large number of seasoned politicians don't have the spine to do stuff what Trump managed to in a span of just 2 days. This guy will fix America like he promised but he didn't assert that this would be a walk-in-the-park experience for him and his country. Fixing the economy is a long-term objective and jitters are expected along the way.

And Americans don't give a shit about being world policeman at personal level. This role is tainted and controversial.
Precisely! Thank you for this post.

In all honesty the chance of a Terrorist applying for green card or visa for is far less,
they could just come from Mexico into USA , inside a Truck much easy process.

Even the wall is generally not that secure which he has proposed
pole+vault+freeze+frame.gif

It is normally the peaceful folks or refugee or new travellers who are following all the rules and regulations in place which mind you takes a good 2-3 hours checks already since 2001

Plus , you know Mexico does sell some really high quality ladders
0918a833c1b07b6eb4560985b93696f0_man-climbing-ladder-man-climbing-ladder-clipart_1038-1300.jpeg

And obviously we should never undermine the good old , plank and 2 guys
two-wooden-mannequins-jumping-on-seesaw-picture-id200476280-001

I mean not to scare anyone but , anyone who wants to get in would get in anyways
CpaocWb.gif

Once the wall has few handles almost anyone can climb really easy
Zin2VSZ.gif

I mean really when was the last time a Terrorist was waiting in line for 3-4 hours to get their paperwork checked which have already been validated by 10 officials weeks ago

And those desert rabbits you know how they treat walls
rabbit.jpg

And the good old hole in wall
Does-Renters-Insurance-Cover-Punching-Holes-In-The-Wall.jpg

Most of the questionable people don't have a state approved stamp on their visa or they don't hold a valid visa. Generally these figures don't have any documentation

Quite a bizzare ban on people inside USA ? and confirmed refugees

Last edited:
It's tough for me to believe that many restrictions can be placed on green card holders in the U.S.. It would be fantastically disruptive of many people's lives, maybe even the nation's economy.

On the other hand, I can't be wholly surprised by Trump's order limiting the re-entry of green card holders, students, etc. who are currently outside the U.S. Recall that Bush II also issued such restrictions.

Last edited:
‘American values are at stake’: Barack Obama ‘heartened’ by resistance to Donald Trump

Yahoo News January 30, 2017
b0e49612e3d7f5f0c715df93708218b4

President Obama holds a year-end press conference addressing email hacking and cyber security at The White House on December 16, 2016 in Washington, DC. (Photo: Leigh Vogel/WireImage)
Former President Barack Obama broke his post-presidential silence on Monday, issuing a cautious statement about President Trump’s travel ban and the protests against it.

Kevin Lewis, a spokesperson for Obama, released a statement on behalf of the former president praising the protesters for exercising their constitutional right of assembly and rejecting the notion that his anti-terrorism vetting policies resemble Trump’s.

It is Obama’s first public statement since leaving office Jan. 20:

“President Obama is heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities around the country. In his final official speech as President, he spoke about the important role of citizen and how all Americans have a responsibility to be the guardians of our democracy — not just during an election but every day.

Citizens exercising their Constitutional right to assemble, organize and have their voices heard by their elected officials is exactly what we expect to see when American values are at stake.

With regard to comparisons to President Obama’s foreign policy decisions, as we’ve heard before, the President fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion.”

The political and personal differences between Obama and Trump are well known. Obama was highly critical of Trump’s policy proposals during the general election but indicated his intention to facilitate a peaceful transfer of power — widely considered a hallmark of American democracy — and offer his guidance as needed.

Obama has cited former President George W. Bush’s graciousness to his incoming administration despite their political differences as an example he sought to follow. Bush famously avoided criticizing Obama publicly, though his vice president, Dick Cheney, frequently blasted the president during television and print interviews.

Among them, he said, are “systematic discrimination,” voter suppression, “institutional efforts to silence dissent or the press” and the deportation of children who immigrated into the country illegally with their parents.

Solomon2 comment
: usually a former president refrains from criticizing the actions taken by his successor. Obama broke that tradition in less than ten days. No class at all.

The troubling part started when he even included greecard holders in the ban this is beginning of something big maybe he will start a registry of people from Muslim majority countries
There WAS a sort-of registry, but Obama ordered it deleted last month!

Just to make everyone's lives under Trump harder. You realize there wouldn't be such a need for today's "blanket" ban if the registry was kept, don't you?

Bravo Americans "those who stood against Trump " !! & Those pakistanis bashing Trump and his policies should look into their character how many of you stood up & protested for {forget the terrorist attacks in rest of the world (be it any type) } when savages killed our own blood christians , ahmedi muslims etc etc .. ?? None except handful dared standing up to the savagery

Acting Attorney General Blocks Department Of Justice From Defending Trump’s Ban
By Sean Colarossi on Mon, Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:30 pm

"The Department of Justice will not present arguments in defense of the executive order, unless and until I become convinced that it is appropriate to do so."

✔@jimsciutto

First on CNN: Under acting Atty Gen Sally Yates (an Obama appointee), DOJ will not defend executive order on #TrumpTravelBan - @evanperez
4:26 AM - 31 Jan 2017

In a letter to the Justice Department, Yates wrote: “I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution’s solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right.”

“At present,” she added, “I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful.”

Unfortunately, Yates is a holdover from the Obama administration and will only be serving until Trump’s attorney general nominee, Sen. Jeff Sessions, is confirmed. Her decision to take a tough stance against the new president’s unpopular ban is likely to renew calls by Democrats to hold up the Sessions confirmation process as long as possible – even though Sessions is ultimately likely to be approved.

It’s also likely to motivate Republicans to push through Sessions’ confirmation as quickly as possible – or even fire Yates immediately, which Trump has the power to do.

The problem with forcing her to resign before confirming her replacement, as the New York Times notes, is that “she is the only one authorized to sign foreign surveillance warrants, an essential function at the department.”

Still, for the short time Yates has left as acting attorney general, Americans can find some comfort in knowing that their Department of Justice will not be defending Trump’s ban.

“For as long as I am the acting attorney general,” Yates wrote, “The Department of Justice will not present arguments in defense of the executive order, unless and until I become convinced that it is appropriate to do so.”

Last edited:
Bravo Americans "those who stood against Trump " !! & Those pakistanis bashing Trump and his policies should look into their character how many of you stood up & protested for {forget the terrorist attacks in rest of the world (be it any type) } when savages killed our own blood christians , ahmedi muslims etc etc .. ?? None except handful dared standing up to the savagery

And even they got silenced by majority

Back
Top Bottom