What's new

Premier Wen's Turkey visit to stimulate bilateral ties: Turkish ambassador

challenger

BANNED
Reaction score
English.news.cn 2010-09-30 21:43:23

BEIJING, Sept. 30 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's upcoming visit to Turkey will stimulate China-Turkey ties, Turkish Ambassador to China Murat Salim Esenli said Wednesday.

It will be the first time in eight years for a Chinese premier to visit Turkey, so the visit is significant, Esenli told Xinhua in an exclusive interview.

Wen will pay official visits to Greece, Belgium, Italy and Turkey from Oct. 2 to 9.

At the invitation of his Turkish counterpart, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Wen will visit Turkey from Oct. 7.

During Turkish President Abdullah Gul's visit to China last year, Chinese President Hu Jintao proposed advancing the two nations' friendly bilateral ties and cooperative relationship to a new high.

Over history, there had been a considerable interaction between the two peoples, Esenli noted, adding that he feels "optimistic about the future of bilateral ties."

Concerning economic ties, he said bilateral trade is developing well, adding that Turkey hopes to receive more Chinese investment.

Trade between the two countries surged from 1 billion U.S. dollars in 2000 to 12.6 billion U.S. dollars in 2008.

Esenli noted the two countries will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties next year, adding that he hopes to plant the seeds for an even deeper friendship between the two nations during his term as ambassador.

Can anyone tell me if Turkey is still seeking EU membership?

Yep they are still very interested in EU membership.

The UK and Spain are in support of Turkey's EU bid. France and Germany are opposed to Turkey's EU bid.

Turkey is strategically important as they are a bridge between NATO, Europe, West Asia, the Middle East, etc. We should try to keep good relations with them.

Sorry,but Turkey have to give up to support the separatist in Xinjiang
there is never a so called funny eastern turk kingdom
We Han chinese has ruled Xinjiang 2000 years ago

We don't need to justify our sovereignty using history. All we ask is that Turkey refrain from giving support to separatists groups in China on the world stage.

With improving Sino-Turk releation such support will subside or limit down to symbolic only!

Personally, I'm against EU entry and there are a lot of Turks who feel the same. It doesn't really matter in the end because Turkey will become one of the largest economies in the near future (10-20 years). Whether we join the EU or not is irrelevant. If we join we will become one of the leaders in the EU and not just a small player. And if we don't join the EU, we will still become a regional economic powerhouse, and a major player in world politics.

Last edited:

We just want fair treatment for the Uyghurs, the Turkish government actually supports the "one-China" policy.

Like erdogan mentioned most Turks now are against the EU membership. As of a few years ago even the Kemalist Turks started talking against EU insertion mostly because they are beginning to see that there is no way in hell they will get accepted and meet the requirements put down on them. There is a Persian saying: "a cat can’t reach the meat on the counter claims that its stinks anyway."same story with Turks.

They also feel that NATO membership is holding them back.........however Turkish leaders are pursuing an EU membership at all cost.

We just want fair treatment for the Uyghurs, the Turkish government actually supports the "one-China" policy.

Only private proposal, or interference in internal affairs, your care, in public may be simple or not simple, but the government must have the tools and use, I suggest that the Turkish government to take care of KRD's fair treatment , that is a more reasonable and better choice. The Chinese government also supports the "One Turkey" policy.

Last edited:

IMO, a better way of putting it is that Hans have equal rights to Xinjiang but not more rights. Yes, history records that the forebears of Hans advanced to the region as a matter of fact before the ancestors of Uyghurs did as a group en masse from the steppes in the 8th century ...

But then what about those (supposedly Indo-Iranian) Tocharians who likely were there before both? It quickly gets messy. And some may even contest the fact that most of today's non-Hakka descended Southern Chinese (南人) were even considered "Han" at that time at all ...

That's why a one-state solution where all groups are treated fairly and with respect is the only way to go.

Cardsharp is right in pointing out that who got where exactly a day before who else is pertinent, but hardly the most salient.

It's not just being a member of "visible minority" in Canada that has instilled in me some "sensitivity", but Canada actually offers some lessons (not all positive) on the Anglo-Francophone dynamics front for those who care to study.

Just my 2 cents.

There is simply nothing wrong with that. As an ethnic Chinese living in Canada, I instinctively care about ethnic Chinese living in Indonesia. Doesn't mean I take "their side" in every argument. But to sympathize is human.

Having said that, tactics matter as much as intentions in achieving results.

Erdogan appears to be of a man of action, but not necessarily a consummate tactitian.

But then he is blessed with such seemingly able deputies as Davutoglu, who at least through the lens of an outsider like myself, appears to be extremely deft ...

Only private proposal, or interference in internal affairs, your care, in public may be simple or not simple, but the government must have the tools and use, I suggest that the Turkish government to take care of KRD's fair treatment , that is a more reasonable and better choice. The Chinese government also supports the "One Turkey" policy.

I agree with you to an extent. However, it's interesting to observe that the PRC did publically welcome an OIC fact-finding mission in the aftermath. And if I am not mistaken, the head envoy of that particular mission was a Turk.

Anyways, I agree whole-heartedly that methods matter as much as intentions.

It's just my personal opinion that it's best to leave "KRD" (Kurks?) out of the speech. Too many people with ulterior motives are "interested" in them these days. But how many genuinely care for them?

And how many can say they know what's best for them as a group or as individuals? But everybody and their grandmother wants to use them.

Again I don't claim to "represent" anybody. Nothing here is more than my 2 cents.

There is simply nothing wrong with that. As an ethnic Chinese living in Canada, I instinctively care about ethnic Chinese living in Indonesia. Doesn't mean I take "their side" in every argument. But to sympathize is human.

Having said that, tactics matter as much as intentions in achieving results.

Erdogan appears to be of a man of action, but not necessarily a consummate tactitian.

But then he is blessed with such seemingly able deputies as Davutoglu, who at least through the lens of an outsider like myself, appears to be extremely deft ...

Do you really think is the "concern"? You can say that it is "ambitious", I do not disagree.

hey you buddy ,it is a real good thing .though more comunications at last we will get one point.first welcome this improvement.I appreciate a better sino-tuk relationship.

Back
Top Bottom