What's new

Prashant Bhushan wants referendum on Army presence in Kashmir

Indians want Pakistan to get lost from their neighborhood.. You dont always get what you want ;)

The feeling is mutual from Pakistanis & Kashmiris & other neighbors of India.:yahoo:

Jammu and Kashmir will remain as integral part of India.You can take it or leave it.Morons like this will not come to our leadership level.

Integral part by terrorizing & Occupying.

AAP got a leader like Mani Shankar Ayer at it's birth itself in the name of Prasahanth Bhushan.This is where exactly the current youth hates to see the comments related to National security and Integrity.

Some issues are legislative in nature, and to be voted upon by people. Some issues are executive in nature, and meant to be decided by professionals.

Lawmaking is legislative. But operational arrangements, like where the army should deploy itself, where each battallion should be based, where each division should be based etc are not issues which can be put to public vote - these are best decided by professionals. So whether the army should be in Kashmir or not is for the army and other security forces to decide, not by the general public in a referendum. What next, decide which aircraft to procure for our MRCA by a popularity contest?

And by the way, the army is not deployed in Kashmir, only the Rashtriya Rifles are. They are drawn from the army, but they are an exclusive counter insurgency force that does not use heavy weapons, or anything that might cause hardship to the general public. What difference does it make to Kashmiris, whether it is the RR or police forces that tackle militancy? It makes a difference to India in general, since the RR are extremely capable, and professional.

You didn't notice- he has already scaled down from 'referendum in kashmir' to 'army presence in kashmir'. In NDTV he further went down 'areas of kashmir'. I think he's trying to distance himself from his original statement.
Are yaar ab to samjho. Aise log LS main aa gaye to kya hoga. Kisi ne bhi ye baat Parliament main kar di ki referendum kara do, ek baar bhi bol diya...to sab chad jaayenge.

Even kaafi youth ab bevkoofon jaisi baatein karte hain ki Kashmir de do...tanta khatam karo....

Good Going Prashant Bhushan. Many more such interviews should be published. People have a right to know about the views of their messiah.

Are yaar ab to samjho. Aise log LS main aa gaye to kya hoga. Kisi ne bhi ye baat Parliament main kar di ki referendum kara do, ek baar bhi bol diya...to sab chad jaayenge.

Even kaafi youth ab bevkoofon jaisi baatein karte hain ki Kashmir de do...tanta khatam karo....

Arre bhai let them put out the manifesto right. If they're gonna say things like 'give away kashmir' then we won't vote them. Why are you jumping the gun? Isn't it also clear that no one else is gonna do jack on other core issues- BJP just brought yeddy back so don't expect any problems to be solved without these people either.

Remember the orisinal Kashmir statement was not his exclusive comment (to the best of my knowledge). There were some recommendations by a commission that he too has endorsed. I really wanna know what these guys are gonna do.

Good Going Prashant Bhushan. Many more such interviews should be published. People have a right to know about the views of their messiah.

Jha sahib...did you notice that yeddy is back?

I was just waiting on when will this article mention Pak and it again didnt disappoint me.
Kashmir is the legitimate territory of Pakistan and it will remain so forever. As far as Indian Establishment is concerned, well they need to realize this that they r foreigners in our land and this is NOT an indian territory nor is say of Indian people matters in this case. What matters is the people of valley to decide!!!

Living under brutal foreign occupation cant make u one of them nor can make them one of yours.

The only realistic option for india is to surrender their ego and arrogance nor or die trying like rats!!!!!

I was just waiting on when will this article mention Pak and it again didnt disappoint me.
Kashmir is the legitimate territory of Pakistan and it will remain so forever. As far as Indian Establishment is concerned, well they need to realize this that they r foreigners in our land and this is NOT an indian territory nor is say of Indian people matters in this case. What matters is the people of valley to decide!!!

Living under brutal foreign occupation cant make u one of them nor can make them one of yours.

The only realistic option for india is to surrender their ego and arrogance nor or die trying like rats!!!!!

yeah...come get it then, we're waiting

@sandy_3126 This is what I meant
"Secession from India is unconstitutional. We have to find solutions within the purview of the constitution. We have to win the hearts of people in the valley who have moved away from the mainstream since they feel that they Army has been deployed in Kashmir against their wishes and is violating their human rights."

Now this is the voice of Prashant Bhushan and not the entirety of AAP and in essence what he is saying is a deeper problem we need to resolve. When you deploy armed forces in large quantitie in an area, civil rights are infringed upon, and lack of full civil rights for decades will cause anger in the public. Eventually India will have have to ensure full state hood and provide all the liberties of rest of India to kashmiris in the valley too, If India reduces troop numbers in the valley and reduces policing, the benefit of goodwil created needs to gauged against the security risks, and based on this information a proper risk mitigation for betterment of people needs to taken. NC, PDP and even congress has pushed for this, it's not just AAP. It is not something out of the ordinary.

If AAP pursues the the UN security council resolution on kashmir, they will have my vote.... the pre condition for holding a plebiscite in kashmir is complete removal of pakistani forces from pre-47 state of jammu and kashmir....

Kashmir, Plebiscite and UN security council Resolution | Pakistan Defence

Please exlain how kashmir is a legitimate territory of Pakistan?

Please exlain how kashmir is a legitimate territory of Pakistan?
go ask any Kashmiri or any body with little sense. Im not interested bang my head against the wall gain in-front of yr kind and specially u.

This guy has lost his marbles. Talking about referendum in J & K about keeping the Army in Kashmir. Idiot doesn't realize that issue is not as simple as 'YES' & 'NO'. How about all those caveats attached to the reason why Army is there in the first place? Term 'Participatory democracy' is all glorious & wonderful in speeches & rhetoric.But there is a thin line between one's own choice & national security!

Last edited:
AAP leaders are stupid in national matters..They are good for Delhi only..Modi is a proven champion and I share his views on a lot of issues

These pictures from early 2000s wont serve u any good nor we have any names starting from the world ''Abu'' its arabic term used by arabs.

Further more this still remains as our territory and Pak does support it and will continue to do so as we r just excising our right ie to liberate our territory and people from brutal foreign occupiers......This is as justified as the Partisan movements of WW2 to liberate their homelands from Nazi occupiers in Europe!!

Back
Top Bottom