What's new

Prahaar missile to be test-fired on July 21: Reports

It clears all doubts. :partay:

1) Prahaar is a conversion of endo-atmospheric interceptor AAD used for the missile defence programme.

2) Max range: 150 km , Min range: 50 km , Payload: 250 kg.

3) A road mobile launcher has six canisters of Prahaar.

4) It uses solid propulsion systems, it will be on a ready-for-launch-mode any time. There won’t be any storage issues and the missile will be completely maintenance-free, taking it out of the periodic-checking issues. Load it on to a Canister system and fire it.

5) Prahaar is an extremely cost-effective missile.

6) All components and critical systems for this missile are available in India and it can be produced in large numbers at very short notice.

:smokin:

Cause of postponing the test: Weather is not a concern and DRDO has taken all necessary precautions. Just that clear weather would give us good data. For example, optical tracking will not be possible if it is cloudy. But, they have other options like telemetry and radar tracking

First DRDO converted a ballistic missile Prithvi into anti-ballistic missile and now an anti-ballistic missile into a tactical missile. AAD is a hypersonic endo atmospheric missile. It can be mass produced at very short time. I hope Indian army will get thousands of Prahaar.

We should develop a 200 km range surface to air missile based on AAD.

It clears all doubts. :partay:

1) Prahaar is a conversion of endo-atmospheric interceptor AAD used for the missile defence programme.

2) Max range: 150 km , Min range: 50 km , Payload: 250 kg.

3) A road mobile launcher has six canisters of Prahaar.

4) It uses solid propulsion systems, it will be on a ready-for-launch-mode any time. There won’t be any storage issues and the missile will be completely maintenance-free, taking it out of the periodic-checking issues. Load it on to a Canister system and fire it.

5) Prahaar is an extremely cost-effective missile.

6) All components and critical systems for this missile are available in India and it can be produced in large numbers at very short notice.

:smokin:

Cause of postponing the test: Weather is not a concern and DRDO has taken all necessary precautions. Just that clear weather would give us good data. For example, optical tracking will not be possible if it is cloudy. But, they have other options like telemetry and radar tracking

an anti ballistic missile converted into a surface missile? are you joking. anything possible for indians. they believe all bull $hits. i am sure this missile was tested on sunday as reported but failed. rofl

an anti ballistic missile converted into a surface missile? are you joking. anything possible for indians. they believe all bull $hits. i am sure this missile was tested on sunday as reported but failed. rofl

Lol....... why do you embarass yourself so huge.
You post proves as manything.
1) You have no Idea of ABM
2) You have no idea of a What a tactical missile is
3) Forget those individual things, you dont even know what a missile is and how it works.
I dont want to embarass you any further by going on listing spree.

One can convert any missile into another like for example, AAM to SAM, SAM to SSM, SSM to AShM,.........
I followed this convention because this is highly feasible to convert those respective missiles due to thier speeds and controllability.
Converting an ABM like AAD into tactical missile is no big deal.Reasons are trivial. One it got the necessary speed required, it got the payload capability,also it has a range of 150-200km in ABM role. Just utilising those respective features to create havoc on enemy territory as a tactical missile is quiet relevant.

Ever wonder why S-300 and S-400 sale to foreign countries has became a huge issue? Reason is, they can be used in offensive roles as well with little or less tweaking.

I can go into detail and explain step by step on how it works, but time dont permit me doing that.
Alas...I love you anti-Indianism and ignorance kid.

aint you people were trying to convert sea based harpoon into land attack version but uncle sam raised his flag for it ?? Btw we indians not only convert surface missile into ABM but also viceversa too.Thanks to complete indigenious technology .:coffee:

an anti ballistic missile converted into a surface missile? are you joking. anything possible for indians[/B]. they believe all bull $hits. i am sure this missile was tested on sunday as reported but failed. rofl

i like the way u put it... i take it as a compliment... :)

It was during an AAD test in 2007 DRDO realised that AAD after reaching its celing of 30km+ still has enough significant fuel left to give the missile extended range use. For AAD role most of its fuel is use for high 'G' manuevers which means it needs more thrust to combat high G.But in case of a SSM role it dont have to go through the same. A constant G if follows a line parallel to curvature of earth and little more G+ if takes a parabolic path during ascent.After going through all these it was considered that AAD in its given role as an ABM can also work as a SSM having the same range and having a powered flight through a maximum of its range while the rest of the flight it can coast for increased range and payload.Its also important that AAD has a speed of over MAch 4.5+. Prahaar doesnt need that much speed. Hence a trading between speed,range and payload literally worked together to make it a abitious SSM.

Do not try to understand too difficult for you.

First DRDO converted a ballistic missile Prithvi into anti-ballistic missile and now an anti-ballistic missile into a tactical missile. AAD is a hypersonic endo atmospheric missile. It can be mass produced at very short time. I hope Indian army will get thousands of Prahaar.

We should develop a 200 km range surface to air missile based on AAD.

It was during an AAD test in 2007 DRDO realised that AAD after reaching its celing of 30km+ still has enough significant fuel left to give the missile extended range use. For AAD role most of its fuel is use for high 'G' manuevers which means it needs more thrust to combat high G.But in case of a SSM role it dont have to go through the same. A constant G if follows a line parallel to curvature of earth and little more G+ if takes a parabolic path during ascent.After going through all these it was considered that AAD in its given role as an ABM can also work as a SSM having the same range and having a powered flight through a maximum of its range while the rest of the flight it can coast for increased range and payload.Its also important that AAD has a speed of over MAch 4.5+. Prahaar doesnt need that much speed. Hence a trading between speed,range and payload literally worked together to make it a abitious SSM.

I also think AAD has many uses. A hypersonic surface to surface missile with high accuracy will be great for India.

Now AAD has six launchers and very cost effective. We can build large number of them in a very short time.

aint you people were trying to convert sea based harpoon into land attack version but uncle sam raised his flag for it ?? Btw we indians not only convert surface missile into ABM but also viceversa too.Thanks to complete indigenious technology .:coffee:

We tried to...and we succesfully converted it...somehow,Pakistani officials succeeded to convice US that we didn't do it,simply because Babur SLCM is in development (not much success though)...And US knows that,so they agreed with us

Y Indian missiles tests always fail???

Looking from a failed country always no matter how looks the same as you. Come out of it and who knows, u might get a bit more sense.

Come on lad, first try your luck in developing an ABM then be constructive on being not able to convert it to a successful STS missile, Untill then let us do the talking while u still remain what you are.And we never hide the failure unlike a few.

Y Indian missiles tests always fail???

It depends on how you look at it.Thanks to Edison who didnt stopped working on making of bulb when he failed more than 100 times......
If the country owns the technology and fails during a test,it tries to rectify it with another test and soo on..... But if a country buys the tech from another country, it obviously dont have to go through this pain( you exactly know whom I am talking about right? )

Even advanced countries like US,Russia,France,..... every one has been through this while developing new systems......And India is no exemption

Maybe you should also wonder, why DRDO keeps on setting up new propellant manufacturing facilities on its own,instead of buying the IP rights from a friendly country for its solid fueled rockets right from 0.4 m-2m diameter ones.Though most of its under development missiles werent publicised yet, but you will certainly get to know when they test them.If they fail the test,it will be one more step close to sucess.

I am in Vizag and the weather is extremely bad here. :cry::cry::cry:

The Hindu : News / National : 'Prahaar' missile ready to be tested

‘Prahar' missile ready to be tested
Special Correspondent

Preparations are on at the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Orissa, for firing a new and novel missile named “Prahar” on July 21 from a road mobile launcher.

This single stage missile, fuelled by solid propellants, is being tested for the first time by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It is surface-to-surface, has a range of 150 km and can carry conventional warheads.

“Prahar will fill the gap between Pinaka, the multi-barrel rocket system, which has a range of 45 km and the Prithvi missile that can attack targets 250 km to 350 km away,” said W. Selvamurthy, Chief Controller (Life Sciences), DRDO.

In one salvo, six Prahar missiles can be fired. It will be an important addition to the armoury.

Dr. Selvamurthy said: “It can image, take out multiple targets and can be moved to any place.”

Avinash Chander, Chief Controller (Missiles and Strategic Systems), DRDO, said Prahar was a short range missile, which would fill “a vital gap” between the unguided Pinaka rockets and the guided Prithvi missiles.

The flight-testing of Prahar will take place from the Launch Complex-III of the ITR.

Dr. Selvamurthy said: “It can image, take out multiple targets and can be moved to any place.”
What does he mean by "it can image"? radar imaging to hit ground targets?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom