What's new

Prahaar missile test fired successfully

Congrats Indians. Congrats for anotehr step further in your dream of the destruction of fellow humans.

oh...look mommy its a ....angel of
Angel-Of-Peace-angels-10952900-426-414.jpg

TROLL..
20110128203738!Trollface.png

before the DRDO missile scientists bring out the Gulab Jamun and Ladoos lets get Agni V tested successfully ASAP :)

congrats for the successfull test.↲but i dont know why india made it when pak dont want to have a limited scale war with india.

IS that Russian engine thing came from Chor guptas blog?
Because GTRE already developed a mini kaveri for powering UCAVs and Cruise missiles.Its called LAgu Shakti Engine with 400Kgf thrust.
For people wondering what this 400Kgf in terms of newtons,400 kilogram-force = 3922.66 newton i.e ~4KN.
For a comparitive purpose Tomahawk BlockII using F107-WR-402 with a thrust of 3.1KN has a 2500km range and weight ~1600kg carrying 450kg warhead.

Given the Indians obsession with more and more payload carrying capability, LaguShakti with 4KN can easily carry 1tonne to ranges in excess of 2500km with all up weight of little over 2300kg.

IF the actual reports are true, the Nirbhay initially will sport 2 varriants one with 300-500kg wahread and 1000km range and second one with above mentioned details.

And while coming to PRahaar, Saraswath said that it reach a peak altitude of 35km ~5kms more than the normal AAD ceiling.This means Prahaar will rise to 35kms with speeds of MAch 4 and then follows a parabolic path towards the target. IF my assumptions are right, then atleast 3/4th of its flight will be a powered flight when a range of 150km+ is considered.

Anyways,since the tech is our own and not borrowed from any other country, we can bringout as many derivatives as we wish for.Maybe an AShM for small ships of corvettee size? :P( ooops for some countries their capital ships like destroyers are of similar size like our modern corvettees)

lol my friend.plz read my signature only once.↲and prahar range is more than nasr but range is not an issue.it can be increased.beside this nasr is 100% pakistan not a imported israely extra. ↲the prahar in size look more bigger than nasr so range is not a issue for nasr

I know Indians are gonna be at my throat for saying what i am gonna say, but by looking at things it seems to be the right thing, even though there is nothing bad in it.

The new missile seems to be a diicckk measuring contest as usual between the two countries, as the missile is in reality the Indian AAD missile, which has been tweaked to become a SSM, an easy step. This is not a new missile. Pakistan did the Al Nasr test and claimed that its a tactical battlefield missile, Indians couldn't sit idle, so they came up with the new tactical missile being the Parhaar developed from AAD.

Before you guys jump up to my throats, do see the pic of AAD and compare it with the new one, ditto copy. And its a good thing as now its gonna make Pakistanis to think about something to get in the 100-200KM range, which we lack.

Indian AAD missile:

AAD_Test_Crop.jpg

DRDO said the missile is derived from AAD and it has been in making since last two years.

But for the sake of argument, lets consider that what you are saying is true. That the Prahar missile is "tweaked" from AAD as an answer for Nasr.

Nasr was tested in April 2011, I guess. And then only the existence of this missile became public.
Prahaar was tested in July 2011.
You are saying DRDO modified AAD missile for a surface attack role in just two months keeping in mind the design configuration of 6 missile TEL.
Are they (DRDO) so brainy and efficient?
Aren't you indirectly saying that it just took DRDO less than three months to convert a SAM into SSM.

If I have to believe you then kudos to DRDO for being so super efficient . It would be a missile developed in the shortest period of time in the world.

No pun intended.

lol my friend.plz read my signature only once.↲and prahar range is more than nasr but range is not an issue.it can be increased.beside this nasr is 100% pakistan not a imported israely extra. ↲the prahar in size look more bigger than nasr so range is not a issue for nasr

Which imported Israely EXTRA? Care to explain.

Please post , length, diameter, weight, range, vertically/inclined launch, weight of warhead, no. missiles per launcher for both Prahar and EXTRA.

Lets see if both are identical.

You prove both are identical.

What say?......

Which imported Israely EXTRA? Care to explain.

Please post , length, diameter, weight, range, vertically/inclined launch, weight of warhead, no. missiles per launcher for both Prahar and EXTRA.

Lets see if both are identical.

You prove both are identical.

What say?......

Bro Just Ignore-

In arecent post Taimi Khan said its an off shoot of AAD and Farhan is saying its a copy of Extra..

I wonder what is going on..

I know Indians are gonna be at my throat for saying what i am gonna say, but by looking at things it seems to be the right thing, even though there is nothing bad in it.

The new missile seems to be a diicckk measuring contest as usual between the two countries, as the missile is in reality the Indian AAD missile, which has been tweaked to become a SSM, an easy step. This is not a new missile. Pakistan did the Al Nasr test and claimed that its a tactical battlefield missile, Indians couldn't sit idle, so they came up with the new tactical missile being the Parhaar developed from AAD.

Before you guys jump up to my throats, do see the pic of AAD and compare it with the new one, ditto copy. And its a good thing as now its gonna make Pakistanis to think about something to get in the 100-200KM range, which we lack.
Ooops! You seem to be all mixed up!

Prahar.jpg

The Israeli EXTRA shown above. Since the IDF had decided to forego the LORA in favour of
the EXTRA, the Indian Army too decided in favour of the EXTRA's design/performance
parameters. Subsequently, a military-industrial cooperation plan was put into effect for producing the
EXTRA in India with 'Indian characteristics', and rechristened PRAHAAR.

The solid-fueled Prahaar surface-to-surface battlefield support missile, is destined to replace about 350-odd existing Prithvi SS-150 liquid-fuelled battlefield interdiction missiles that are now nearing the end of their service lives. The Prahaar will come packed in a six-unit pod configuration on board a high-mobility BEML-TATRA wheeled vehicle housing both a SATCOM-equipped command-and-control shelter as well as a transporter-erector-launcher mechanism designed by Larsen & Toubro.

The Prahar follows a relatively simple three-element design, comprising a warhead in the fore section, propulsion unit, including the solid-fuel rocket motor with a nozzle. The nozzle is encircled by the navigation, flight control and guidance unit, which includes the integrated avionic guidance and flight control section, cruciform tail control surfaces, actuators, related antennas and connectors. The Prahaar can be launched within few minutes, from unprepared positions. In fact, any target whose location is known within the range of the missile can be attacked within less than 10 minutes from the launch decision. Each Prahaar will be housed within a disposable sealed cannister providing a 10-year service-life and very low maintenance costs. The Prahaar will have a range of 150km and carry a 125kg (275lb) warhead.

Launch weight will be about 430kg (990lb), and CEP will be well within 10 metres. Equipped with a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial navigation system combined with a GPS receiver, the Prahaar will use an aft section fitted with stabilising fins and a solid-rocket motor. The warhead section will be built as a modular compartment, designed to carry various types of sub-munitions or a unitary warhead. For example, it will be able to carry up to 400 AT/AP bomblets, scatterable mines, anti-runway munitions and similar loads. The fin-mounted control section will store the guidance and control avionics, driving four flight control surfaces for trajectory shaping.

ThePrahaar has been developed by the DRDO in cooperation with Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) MLM Systems Integration Division and Israel Military Industries (IMI) Rocket Systems Division as a modular kit.

So there! The Prahaar has nothing in common with the AAD architecture.

Cheers! :cheers:

Ooops! You seem to be all mixed up!

Prahar.jpg

The Israeli EXTRA shown above. Since the IDF had decided to forego the LORA in favour of
the EXTRA, the Indian Army too decided in favour of the EXTRA's design/performance
parameters. Subsequently, a military-industrial cooperation plan was put into effect for producing the
EXTRA in India with 'Indian characteristics', and rechristened PRAHAAR.

The solid-fueled Prahaar surface-to-surface battlefield support missile, is destined to replace about 350-odd existing Prithvi SS-150 liquid-fuelled battlefield interdiction missiles that are now nearing the end of their service lives. The Prahaar will come packed in a six-unit pod configuration on board a high-mobility BEML-TATRA wheeled vehicle housing both a SATCOM-equipped command-and-control shelter as well as a transporter-erector-launcher mechanism designed by Larsen & Toubro.

The Prahar follows a relatively simple three-element design, comprising a warhead in the fore section, propulsion unit, including the solid-fuel rocket motor with a nozzle. The nozzle is encircled by the navigation, flight control and guidance unit, which includes the integrated avionic guidance and flight control section, cruciform tail control surfaces, actuators, related antennas and connectors. The Prahaar can be launched within few minutes, from unprepared positions. In fact, any target whose location is known within the range of the missile can be attacked within less than 10 minutes from the launch decision. Each Prahaar will be housed within a disposable sealed cannister providing a 10-year service-life and very low maintenance costs. The Prahaar will have a range of 150km and carry a 125kg (275lb) warhead.

Launch weight will be about 430kg (990lb), and CEP will be well within 10 metres. Equipped with a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial navigation system combined with a GPS receiver, the Prahaar will use an aft section fitted with stabilising fins and a solid-rocket motor. The warhead section will be built as a modular compartment, designed to carry various types of sub-munitions or a unitary warhead. For example, it will be able to carry up to 400 AT/AP bomblets, scatterable mines, anti-runway munitions and similar loads. The fin-mounted control section will store the guidance and control avionics, driving four flight control surfaces for trajectory shaping.

ThePrahaar has been developed by the DRDO in cooperation with Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) MLM Systems Integration Division and Israel Military Industries (IMI) Rocket Systems Division as a modular kit.

So there! The Prahaar has nothing in common with the AAD architecture.

Cheers! :cheers:

You got this from Trishul blog before the missile was even seen. It doesnt have anything to do with Israel, it is a modification of AAD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom