What's new

Prahaar missile test fired successfully

Whats the need of fitting it with low yield Nuclear warhead if its already accurate enough to archive single digit CEP in meters........Nuclear warheads better suits inaccurate missiles which have CEPs in excess of 50-100m.

Nope you are totlly wrong here, Low yield Nuclear warheads are used to annihilate the battlefield in such a way radiation doesn't spread very far and remain in that particular battlefield for a short period of time.

Nope you are totlly wrong here, Low yield Nuclear warheads are used to annihilate the battlefield in such a way radiation doesn't spread very far and remain in that particular battlefield for a short period of time.

Radiation does not remain confined to any boundaries..........nor does it goes away after any short period......be it whatever you detonate.....from a Tsar bomba to a sub kiloton warhead........a nuclear radiating warhead Impact is a Nuclear attack and would be responded with a massive, unacceptable and unprecidented Nuclear retaliation aimed at fully destroying the military and administrative capabilities to dust !!

If I were the enemy, I'd say I'm screwed!!
others-171.GIF
Dude you wouldnt be there to say that u r screwed:enjoy:

AAD is a SAM system.......different seeker, different guidance, different warhead, different detonation mechanism.........I don't understand how can this be similar.........if i go by your definition of similarity then every rocket is similar......does similarity depends on only looks??

your right bro...it has a different seeker, different guidance, different warhead, different detonation mechanism...you are sooo f$%^ing right ....i never said it was similar ..all i said was it evolved from the AAD missile program ...may be i shoudnt have used the word tweaked... ??

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: DRDO hopes to impress Army with Prahaar punch; demo launch of tactical missile on July 21
“It is a spin-off programme – a conversion of endo-atmospheric interceptor used for the AD,” sources said.

It depends on the Wind speed & direction.

Nope you are totlly wrong here, Low yield Nuclear warheads are used to annihilate the battlefield in such a way radiation doesn't spread very far

The spreading portion depends on the wind and climate factors

and remain in that particular battlefield for a short period of time.

Ask your Physics teacher about the half-life of the radioactive material used in the nuclear warhead, and its subsequent products and its radioactivity after the decay. :wave:

your right bro...it has a different seeker, different guidance, different warhead, different detonation mechanism...you are sooo f$%^ing right ....i never said it was similar ..all i said was it evolved from the AAD missile program ...may be i shoudnt have used the word tweaked... ??

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: DRDO hopes to impress Army with Prahaar punch; demo launch of tactical missile on July 21
“It is a spin-off programme – a conversion of endo-atmospheric interceptor used for the AD,” sources said.

My reply was toward you know who ;)......sorry if i offended you in any way......:cry:

DRDO hasn't mentioned that Prahaar comes with Nuclear Tag, I think in it's initial stage it's still a conventional one, and with upgradations in latter models, it will be fitted with low yield nuclear warhead

Thats why not a response to nasr

There is nothing called as response to this, response to that. The need of all word military is almost similar. They develope what they need...Simple.........................................

i think u havent read the forum .... after prahaar in indian invetory your nasr can only be used on diwali give it to your kids to see atasbaji on divali els it has no chance its a waste now :P

post reported as troll

i have no time for idiots .

If to be believed what chaiwaal posts in some forums, they quote this range.....i don't remember which forum it was, he had done calculations of range of Nirbhay missile with some Russian gas turbine engine....He says if at all Nirbahy is 1500kg-2000kg class missile then the range willbe 2500km - 3000km based on the fuel consumption of the Gas turbine engine when the payload is 1 ton...he also states that Sub launched will around 1000km -1500km with one ton payload....

IS that Russian engine thing came from Chor guptas blog?
Because GTRE already developed a mini kaveri for powering UCAVs and Cruise missiles.Its called LAgu Shakti Engine with 400Kgf thrust.
For people wondering what this 400Kgf in terms of newtons,400 kilogram-force = 3922.66 newton i.e ~4KN.
For a comparitive purpose Tomahawk BlockII using F107-WR-402 with a thrust of 3.1KN has a 2500km range and weight ~1600kg carrying 450kg warhead.

Given the Indians obsession with more and more payload carrying capability, LaguShakti with 4KN can easily carry 1tonne to ranges in excess of 2500km with all up weight of little over 2300kg.

IF the actual reports are true, the Nirbhay initially will sport 2 varriants one with 300-500kg wahread and 1000km range and second one with above mentioned details.

And while coming to PRahaar, Saraswath said that it reach a peak altitude of 35km ~5kms more than the normal AAD ceiling.This means Prahaar will rise to 35kms with speeds of MAch 4 and then follows a parabolic path towards the target. IF my assumptions are right, then atleast 3/4th of its flight will be a powered flight when a range of 150km+ is considered.

Anyways,since the tech is our own and not borrowed from any other country, we can bringout as many derivatives as we wish for.Maybe an AShM for small ships of corvettee size? :P( ooops for some countries their capital ships like destroyers are of similar size like our modern corvettees)

Back
Top Bottom