What's new

PPP warns govt against campaigning for Kalabagh dam

Because the government is democratic elected government? I agree that is one of downside for not able to do it by force.
I agree as well but anything that goes against the prosperity of Pakistan or effects it negatively specially through the action of a few shouldn't they be punishable?

Or should people be allowed to threaten the Power in charge?

So what is the objection to building this dam. All i hear is that it will have so much positive affect on Pakistan, like production of electricity, storage of excess water, flood control etc etc.....but i can't find any logical reasons for not going ahead with the construction of the dam. Can anyone please elaborate for me?

I agree as well but anything that goes against the prosperity of Pakistan or effects it negatively specially through the action of a few shouldn't they be punishable?

Or should people be allowed to threaten the Power in charge?

The constitution allows the political parties, including opposition to voice their votes whether they are beneficial or harmful to the nation. Treason only applies if political parties break the rules of the constitution which is not case here despite of very strong reasons which should register for treason case. The whole point of democratic system is to allow people to question the authority of the democratic elected government. That's why people want democratic system, not Marshall Law which takes no input from public.

A early morning dose for Ptian fan boys so their rest day goes well:lol:
When IK visit Sind last year to get Sindis sympathizes and vote bank ( which is not there )
He said " No Kalabagh Dam " to make Sindis happy.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1145973

FB_IMG_1467589378455.jpg

Please try being literate, it's good. Yes i've never been to KP but i never criticized PTI's policies there... well except the latest fiasco of jihadi funding. My words were to meant in a national perspective.
If btw you're against Kalabagh then Major LANAT on you... (your tone suggests so...)
when i said that ? im not against anything but there is no issue on Dasu Dam, Diamir and Panj etc etc Dams so these Dams not yet Ready and we are talking abt the Mother of All Dams Which is controversial dam, we should complate others and than start talking abt it, Kuch na hone se kuch hona behtar hota hay

PMLN ne 50 Dams Bana liye hayn jis se ham apne parohisyun ko tho kya poray Europe ko bhi bijli de saktay hayn, Jin Dams pe issue nai hay wo tho bana low kambakhto

Three Questions:

1) How much water would it store?
2) How much electricity would it generate?
3) What would be the total cost of this dam?

A early morning dose for Ptian fan boys so their rest day goes well
:lol:
When IK visit Sind last year to get Sindis sympathizes and vote bank ( which is not there )
He said " No Kalabagh Dam " to make Sindis happy.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1145973

Just so everyone gets the correct picture about what Imran Khan said, His exact words were

“I know that the people of Sindh believe that if Kalabagh dam is constructed, their share of the water will be stolen by other provinces. There will be no Kalabagh dam until the people of Sindh themselves do not agree to it,” Imran told the people of Larkana.

This stand is different to ANP and PPP that are outright against the dam and this Nooni is trying to portray that IK is against the dam.

Pathetic Failure by Noonis

Last edited:
when i said that ? im not against anything but there is no issue on Dasu Dam, Diamir and Panj etc etc Dams so these Dams not yet Ready and we are talking abt the Mother of All Dams Which is controversial dam, we should complate others and than start talking abt it, Kuch na hone se kuch hona behtar hota hay

PMLN ne 50 Dams Bana liye hayn jis se ham apne parohisyun ko tho kya poray Europe ko bhi bijli de saktay hayn, Jin Dams pe issue nai hay wo tho bana low kambakhto
That i agree with... yep!

Kalabagh dam is condemned by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh .The Government time to time tries to make consensus on the issue .The leader of Opposition in the National Assembly Syed Khurshid Ahmed Shah showed objection on the site of Kalabagh Dam and said its a threat to small provinces.The Chief Minister of KPK Pervez Khattak said that the KBD is against the interests of KP. Awami National Party has opposed the construction and site of KBD.

Kalabagh dam was opposed by KPK before PTI govt.

KP chief minister shows flexibility on Kalabagh Dam issue

"Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has said his province will have no objection over the construction of Kalabagh dam if its reservations are addressed.

Speaking at a news conference here on Saturday, Pervez Khattak called for formation of a commission on the Kalabagh dam issue, saying "We will have no objections on the construction of the dam if our reservations are redressed."

He claimed for providing electricity to the entire KP province at half of the price, if the federal government supplied 13.5 percent of the electricity as enshrined in the constitution.

He said the federal government owed trillion of rupees on account of royalty.

The CM further claimed that the KP government could generate electricity for Rs 8 per unit only as against the federal government which was generating at high price of Rs 18 per unit.

To a question, he said "We are rectifying the system in the KP and have eliminated corruption." He further said "I had got the province which was being ruled by law of the jungle, but now everything has been settled down, where every task is being done on merit."

Responding a query, he called upon the federal government to issue NoCs to the foreign investors to invest in the KP and assured that the provincial government would take its responsibility for their security.

Replying to a question, he said notices had been issued to three PML-N leaders including Mirza Hamid, Danyal Aziz and Tariq Fazal Chaudhry for levelling baseless allegation against the KP government.

The CM said 'Naya Pakistan' could not be created merely with the construction of roads and bridges, but with the good governance. Referring to the development projects in the province, he said they were being built swiftly"

Source

Three Questions:

1) How much water would it store?
2) How much electricity would it generate?
3) What would be the total cost of this dam?

Unfortunately since ANP, PPP and MQM made it controversial there is no clear cut unanswered now. Estimate today is around 3.5 GW max (which is same capacity as terbela). Currently river indus can store up to 45 days of water with terbela . With basha Daimeer it will reach capacity upto 90 days. Hopefully if dam is build it will go more than three times as water as of today, since downstream will be same.

Initial cost in 70s was in millions dollars. Today if they start estimated cost can reach from 6-7 billion same as daimeer dam.

The constitution allows the political parties, including opposition to voice their votes whether they are beneficial or harmful to the nation. Treason only applies if political parties break the rules of the constitution which is not case here despite of very strong reasons which should register for treason case. The whole point of democratic system is to allow people to question the authority of the democratic elected government. That's why people want democratic system, not Marshall Law which takes no input from public.
True but the pro's of this project far exceed the cons

Kalabagh dam was opposed by KPK before PTI govt.

KP chief minister shows flexibility on Kalabagh Dam issue

"Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has said his province will have no objection over the construction of Kalabagh dam if its reservations are addressed.

Speaking at a news conference here on Saturday, Pervez Khattak called for formation of a commission on the Kalabagh dam issue, saying "We will have no objections on the construction of the dam if our reservations are redressed."

He claimed for providing electricity to the entire KP province at half of the price, if the federal government supplied 13.5 percent of the electricity as enshrined in the constitution.

He said the federal government owed trillion of rupees on account of royalty.

The CM further claimed that the KP government could generate electricity for Rs 8 per unit only as against the federal government which was generating at high price of Rs 18 per unit.

To a question, he said "We are rectifying the system in the KP and have eliminated corruption." He further said "I had got the province which was being ruled by law of the jungle, but now everything has been settled down, where every task is being done on merit."

Responding a query, he called upon the federal government to issue NoCs to the foreign investors to invest in the KP and assured that the provincial government would take its responsibility for their security.

Replying to a question, he said notices had been issued to three PML-N leaders including Mirza Hamid, Danyal Aziz and Tariq Fazal Chaudhry for levelling baseless allegation against the KP government.

The CM said 'Naya Pakistan' could not be created merely with the construction of roads and bridges, but with the good governance. Referring to the development projects in the province, he said they were being built swiftly"

Source

No Kalabagh dam without Sindh's consent, Imran promises Larkana
KARACHI: PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Friday promised thousands of supporters in Larkana that his party will not allow the construction of the controversial Kalabagh dam without the consent of the people of Sindh.

“People of Larkana, I assure you: as long as the people of Sindh do not decide that if the dam is constructed their water will not be stolen, (Kalabagh) dam will not be constructed,” he told a large crowd of party members and supporters who had turned up to listen to the cricketer-turned-politician at a public meeting in Ali Abad village of Bakrani taluka.

Pervez khattak opposes kalabagh dam 2013

https://defence.pk/threads/pervez-khattak-opposes-kalabagh-dam.256894/

Mtlb Na Sindh wale Manein na Kalabagh bnay POLITICS

Back
Top Bottom