What's new

Powerful Iran, Iraq will leave no place for enemies: Ahmadinejad

King Solomon

Reaction score
Powerful Iran, Iraq will leave no place for enemies: Ahmadinejad

c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_apr02_23_02_mh16.jpg

TEHRAN – Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that if Iran and Iraq stay “powerful and esteemed” there will be no place for enemies of the world’s nations, including the United States and the Zionist regime.

Ahmadinejad made the remarks in a meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in Tehran on Sunday.

He called Tehran-Baghdad ties exemplary and said that there is no obstacle in the path of consolidating relations between the two countries at regional and international levels.

Tehran, Baghdad share ‘unbreakable’ relationship

During a separate meeting earlier in the day with al-Maliki, First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi said that the Islamic Republic and Iraq enjoy a “unique and unbreakable” relationship.

Rahimi said that Maliki’s visit to Tehran will help open a new chapter in relations between the two neighbors and a step forward in efforts to cement ties in all spheres.

The conspiracies against the Iranian and Iraqi nations have their roots in the beliefs and causes of the two countries’ people and if they are fully united, they will form a great power in the world, Rahimi said.

He emphasized the need to accelerate the implementation of previous agreements between the two countries and said that Iran and Iraq should take the measures necessary to promote cooperation in various areas.

“Political, cultural, and economic relations between the two countries are at a high level and we hope that obstacles in the way of promoting ties further will be removed as soon as possible,” Rahimi said.

During the meeting, Maliki called for the expansion of relations based on the principles of peace, stability, and common interests and said that Tehran-Baghdad political relationship is close but the two countries should make every effort to enhance ties in other spheres as well.

There is a need for a great stride in relations, he said, adding the two countries’ officials are determined to cement ties in all areas.

Maliki also met with Iranian Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani and held talks on various issues including the latest developments in the region and the world.

we need to protect the shai in Iraq from the a-holes who are trying to have them killed.

Indeed.:tup: Iran has every right to interfere in Iraq. No shia is safe from these wahabi terrorists. They want to repeat what Saddam did.

Makes me think... US invasion actually benefited Iran (and shias) very much! Well, God's way of helping the oppressed, I suppose.:tup: Best of luck to Iran-Iraq relationship.

Indeed.:tup: Iran has every right to interfere in Iraq. No shia is safe from these wahabi terrorists. They want to repeat what Saddam did.

Makes me think... US invasion actually benefited Iran (and shias) very much! Well, God's way of helping the oppressed, I suppose.:tup: Best of luck to Iran-Iraq relationship.

Of course lol, the usa invasion only helped Iran and the majorty of Iraq(shia).

Iraq 'death squad caught in act'

Iraq has launched an investigation into claims by the US military that an Iraqi interior ministry "death squad" has been targeting Sunni Arab Iraqis.
The probe comes after a US general revealed the arrest of 22 policemen allegedly on a mission to kill a Sunni.

"We have found one of the death squads. They are part of the police force," US Maj Gen Joseph Peterson said.

Sunnis have long accused Iraqi forces of operating death squads - but the claims have never been substantiated.

Iraqi deputy interior minister Maj Gen Hussein Kamal said his ministry had set up an inquiry.

“ For a very long time we have been talking about such violations... that there are squads that raid houses and arrest people who are found later executed in different parts of the capital ”
Nasser al-Ani
Iraqi Islamic Party
"The interior minister has formed an investigation committee to learn more about the Sunni person and those 22 men, particularly whether they work for the interior ministry or claim to belong to the ministry," he told the Associated Press news agency.

Hundreds of Sunni Arab Iraqis have been found dead since the 2003 war in what appear to have been extra-judicial killings.

On Wednesday, the bodies of four unidentified men were found in Baghdad's Shia district of Shula. They had been handcuffed, blindfolded and shot in the head.

Iraqi insurgents have also often used a similar tactic against Iraqis working with international forces or the Iraqi government.

Detained

Gen Peterson, who is in charge of training the Iraqi police, told the Chicago Tribune on Wednesday that US forces had stumbled across the first evidence of death squads within the interior ministry.

The 22 interior ministry traffic policemen, dressed in police commando uniforms, were arrested in late January at an Iraqi army checkpoint in northern Baghdad and asked what they were doing.

They told soldiers they were taking a Sunni man away to be shot dead.

"The amazing thing is... they tell you exactly what they're going to do," Gen Peterson said.

Militias

Gen Peterson said US forces were holding four of the men at the Abu Ghraib prison and that the 18 other men were being detained at an Iraqi jail.

The Sunni man, who was accused of murder, is also being detained.

Subsequent investigations found the four men in US custody are linked to the Badr Organisation, the armed militia of one of Iraq's main Shia parties, the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq.

“ I think there are many people inside the interior ministry involved with these deaths or giving the uniforms of colleagues to criminals ”
Iraqi Human Rights Minister Narmin Uthman
But Gen Peterson said he was convinced Iraqi Interior Minster Bayan Jabr, a member of Sciri, had no knowledge of or involvement in the death squads.

"Who are these guys? That's what the minister is trying to find out," he said.

"They are discrediting him and his organisation. He wants to find these guys. He does not support them."

But Gen Peterson said he believed other death squads were operating within the Iraqi security forces.

"It's an issue of loyalties, of allegiance," he said. "If you're still wearing your Badr T-shirt under your uniform, that's a problem."

'Official help'

Iraqi Human Rights Minister Narmin Uthman said she believed lower-level officials were helping the death squads.

"These officials are helping the criminals by informing them on where targeted people are going or where people are living," she told AP.

A spokesman for the country's main Sunni Arab party, the Iraqi Islamic Party, backed the launch of the investigation.

"For a very long time we have been talking about such violations and we have been telling the interior ministry officials that there are squads that raid houses and arrest people who are found later executed in different parts of the capital," Nasser al-Ani said.

Story from BBC NEWS:
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iraq 'death squad caught in act'

Published: 2006/02/16 13:39:26 GMT

© BBC 2012

I am wondering if these attitudes will lead to a stable peaceful condition. In fact from my point of view the politicians of Iran & Turkey as two regional major powers failed in terms of managing the regional issues. This manner just ends to another excuse of the presence of out-regional powers which is not pleased by Iran nor by Turkey.

If turkey did not back the military protest and Iran did not back some undemocratic solutions by Asad, there was the possibility to solve the issue without external interface. I am really sorry to see that the tragedy is going to happen again in Iraq.

I am wondering if these attitudes will lead to a stable peaceful condition. In fact from my point of view the politicians of Iran & Turkey as two regional major powers failed in terms of managing the regional issues. This manner just ends to another excuse of the presence of out-regional powers which is not pleased by Iran nor by Turkey.

If turkey did not back the military protest and Iran did not back some undemocratic solutions by Asad, there was the possibility to solve the issue without external interface. I am really sorry to see that the tragedy is going to happen again in Iraq.

@PGK

Yep everything is propoganda

And even this video is a propaganda and Mr Khatami featuring in this video is a spoof actor..right???

or may be wahabi propoganda!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom