What's new

Power supply begins to Khuzdar grid

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: The National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC) has completed construction work on 220KV grid station at Khuzdar along with 274km long transmission line from Dadu to Khuzdar at a cost of Rs7.620 billion.

The projects has been financed by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

According to NTDC Managing Director Engr Tahir Mahmood, the transmission line has been connected with the national grid.

"The project was envisaged to meet power demand of remote areas of Balochistan and, indeed, is a gift from the government of Pakistan to the people of Balochistan keeping in view the multiple problems they have been facing due to the sole transmission line which was supplying power to Quetta from Guddu-Sibbi-Quetta transmission line," he said in a statement on Monday. He said during construction work and laying of transmission line, NTDCL engineers, staff and contractors faced a lot of problems owing to difficult mountainous terrains and poor law and order. However, they set aside all odds and worked day and night to complete this project.

The MD said the project would improve voltage level, power capacity as well as overall power supply of Balochistan.

Power supply begins to Khuzdar grid - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

LAHORE: The National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC) has completed construction work on 220KV grid station at Khuzdar along with 274km long transmission line from Dadu to Khuzdar at a cost of Rs7.620 billion.

The projects has been financed by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

According to NTDC Managing Director Engr Tahir Mahmood, the transmission line has been connected with the national grid.

"The project was envisaged to meet power demand of remote areas of Balochistan and, indeed, is a gift from the government of Pakistan to the people of Balochistan keeping in view the multiple problems they have been facing due to the sole transmission line which was supplying power to Quetta from Guddu-Sibbi-Quetta transmission line," he said in a statement on Monday. He said during construction work and laying of transmission line, NTDCL engineers, staff and contractors faced a lot of problems owing to difficult mountainous terrains and poor law and order. However, they set aside all odds and worked day and night to complete this project.

The MD said the project would improve voltage level, power capacity as well as overall power supply of Balochistan.

Power supply begins to Khuzdar grid - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
I don't want to pessimistic here but the collection rate is not so good in Baluchistan which would undermine this investment.

I don't want to pessimistic here but the collection rate is not so good in Baluchistan which would undermine this investment.
It's simple mate just install digital meters, they can't be messed with. One point is that gov. HAS to make this moves on the behalf of Balochi People to let them know that they can perform equally as good as their feudal s and actually a bit better!

It's simple mate just install digital meters, they can't be messed with. One point is that gov. HAS to make this moves on the behalf of Balochi People to let them know that they can perform equally as good as their feudal s and actually a bit better!
You can't make someone pay by installing any kind of meter, if one doesn't.....

How it's gift from the government when common Pakistani have to pay back the loan?
How many of these common Pakistanis pay taxes?

How many of these common Pakistanis pay taxes?

So, NS is going to payback this loan from his personal bank accounts? It's nth time i am saying this - GoP's major revenue source is indirect taxes and last time i checked no common Pakistani is exempted from these taxes - on contrary you can find 1000s of businessmen who evade taxes with the help of FBR & provincial taxation haramkhoors.

So, NS is going to payback this loan from his personal bank accounts? It's nth time i am saying this - GoP's major revenue source is indirect taxes and last time i checked no common Pakistani is exempted from these taxes - on contrary you can find 1000s of businessmen who evade taxes with the help of FBR & provincial taxation haramkhoors.
So are you implying that development spending should be stopped and waited till "there is enough money" available in national pocket?
Btw JICA charges a meager rate of 0.3-1% on its funding.....

So are you implying that development spending should be stopped and waited till "there is enough money" available in national pocket?

Where i said so?

Btw JICA charges a meager rate of 0.3-1% on its funding.....
0.3, 1 or 0% is the interest, who will payback original?

There is a good thing called project management and evaluation......

What project management & evaluation have to do with govt. doing a project with loan (which have to payback by public) and calling it gift as if politicians are going to pay from their own pockets?

Back
Top Bottom