Power shortfall reduced to 3‚100 MW: NTDC

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
July 15, 2013, 1:32 pm
National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC) said the shortfall in power generation has lowered to 3‚100 megawatts.
A spokesman of the company said that total power generation has raised to 14200 megawatts while the demand is 17300 megawatts.
He said hydel component contributed 5553 megawatts‚ Thermal power stations 1950 megawatts and Independent Power Producers 6700 megawatts.
Power shortfall reduced to 3

I think pakistan is the only high populated country who have more hydel power then thermal power :woot:

A single 4000 MW thermal power plant like India can wipe out all of the present power crisis in pakistan.

I think pakistan is the only high populated country who have more hydel power then thermal power :woot:

A single 4000 MW thermal power plant like India can wipe out all of the present power crisis in pakistan.

Unlike india we dont have firms capable of manufacturing Thermal plants with all the equipments being made locally at cheaper price.

We need indian firm BHEL expertise in this

Unlike india we dont have firms capable of manufacturing Thermal plants with all the equipments being made locally at cheaper price.

We need indian firm BHEL expertise in this

We can have joint venture for this, its better then importing power from India then building own capacity with quality, economical and quick to have power plants.

July 15, 2013, 1:32 pm
National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC) said the shortfall in power generation has lowered to 3‚100 megawatts.
A spokesman of the company said that total power generation has raised to 14200 megawatts while the demand is 17300 megawatts.
He said hydel component contributed 5553 megawatts‚ Thermal power stations 1950 megawatts and Independent Power Producers 6700 megawatts.
Power shortfall reduced to 3

Claims vs reality:

http://www.geo.tv/article-108999-Several-cities-hit-by-load-shedding-at-Sehri

Several cities hit by load shedding at Sehri

Posted: July 12, 2013 - 845 PKT

LAHORE: All claims of the government relating increasing power generation and no load shedding during Iftar and Sehri, seems to have fallen flat, as several cities in the country including different parts of the provincial capital were hit by power outage during Sehri, much to the inconvenience of the people, Geo News reported.

The citizens irked by unannounced load shedding came out on the streets, voiced slogans against making false promises and torched tyres blocking traffic.

Lesco officials had claimed that there would be no load shedding during Iftar and Sehri, but on the very second day of the holy month of Ramazan, Lahoris had to pass the night without electricity and low gas pressure made it simply impossible for them to arrange Sehri and were forced to fast without it or go out to have it.

Among the areas worst hit by loadshedding at Sehri included Iqbal Town, Faisal Town, Jauhar Town, Shahbagh, old Anarkali, Islampura and Shahidra.

Sources said that the citizens in New Muslim Town suffered low gas pressure along with the power outage despite assurances otherwise. The residents in the localities adjacent to the railway station torched tyres and voiced slogans in protest against the overnight load shedding.

The situation in Karachi was no better, as parts of this mega-metropolis city including vast areas of North Nazimabad and Gulistan-e-Jauhar were also severely hit by the load shedding during Sehri.

Zakir Bhai, i just spoke to my Assistant yesterday who happens to be from Tamil Nadu & he was saying that they also face like 3-4 hrs of load shedding daily & once in a few the load shedding is gone for most of the day, so when are u planing to start thermal power plant in india???

Zakir Bhai, i just spoke to my Assistant yesterday who happens to be from Tamil Nadu & he was saying that they also face like 3-4 hrs of load shedding daily & once in a few the load shedding is gone for most of the day, so when are u planing to start thermal power plant in india???

yes n some states like maharstra, gujarat etc etc have not seen power cuts for years now...due to surplus power in gujarat...it sells a huge chunk of its power to rajasthan and M.P......power cuts are even disappearing in a state like rajasthan......these cuts are diminishing rapidly due to a huge no. of power plants, so many grids and some preventive measures taken after the early 2013 northern grid blackout crisis....and majority power produced in india is coal based.....

For the very same reason Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant with a planned capacity of 9200 MW is being created in Tamil Nadu. All bases are being covered as far as power issues in India is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom