Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Keep Silent,

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • Focus on Economics

Votes: 75 56.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This should have been the reply from a Pakistani, but strangely some of them are too eager to appease uncle sam and others are shooting blanks.

No...this d**k measuring contest will get us nowhere because I, honestly, find it extremely hard to believe that India would fight Pakistan, even in case of a Mumbai like attack...the international mud slung at us would be enough to cripple our backs. Lets trust the army to come up with a credible deterrence but focus more on the real issues that face us. A day laborer working out on the streets of Lahore can't be arsed with what India is or isn't doing because he has to kill himself at work just to put food on the table....lets concentrate on him. Our sisters and mothers who are killed in the name of honor in backward areas of Pakistan, are a much more pressing concern right now. Our self-styled religious scholars that propagate perverted dogmas and hence poison the minds of our young and old alike, are, in my humble opinion, bleeding us from the inside...so lets root out these vermin first.

Building an ICBM...though maybe testament to our military prowess but it would serve little purpose especially when there are a plethora of other methods to nuke India should they nuke us. As for a deterrence against Uncle Sam, I think going down this path would be the proverbial double edged sword...besides once they (USA) leave Afghanistan they're going to impose another set of hefty sections on Pakistan and squeeze our already small resource pool, I dunno about you..but I'd rather not take North Korea as an example - a formidable missile program but starving people. So first build up some nuisance value like India has (economy) or have some national cohesion (like Iran) and then confront the White Devil with an ICBM...if we must. Right now building an ICBM has a much, much larger opportunity cost than I, as a Pakistani, would be willing to pay.

We don't need any Reaction after India's AGNI V. Also we don't need ICBM's. ICBM has lost importance due to ABMs. This is just a practice of Anti Ballistic Missile system.
Instead of making ICBMs , we should concentrate on ABMs and spread it all over the country.

These days only Cruise missile are real threat which are less detectable, terrain hugging and can hit the target.
We should add AWACS in many numbers to counter cruise missile threat...

India will not stop to develop the ICBMs as agniVI with range b/w (6000-10,000).

We have own interest, ICBM not only lost Value but also are very costly...

This is highly perceived that Pakistan have already ICBM, but it will not test due to certain reasons' i.e fear of sanction..

Even if Pakistan have,,, Still it is not vulnerable threat to enemy.... Because now it is play of Lion V goat hunt...
Goat is ICBM, Lion is ABMs(Anti Ballistic Missile System).

And remember India want to become Superpower, this cannot be done without real wars..

I hope Pakistan will continue to keep minimum deterrence to keep away the enemy and not allow them to invade us.

I totally agree with you. Now a days the most powerful countries have and constantly upgrading the Air Defence systems, which include the ABM Systems. Pakistan also must shift it's focus towards developing the Low Altitude Air Defence System / Medium Altitude Air Defence System / High Altitude Air Defence System, which can counter attacking / intruding Fighter Jets, Cruise & Ballistic Missiles, UAVs and Helicopters etc.

With an advance Air Defence System in place, the enemy will think 100 times before trying to intrude the air space which is not the case right now. Pakistan must spend more and more amount for R & D in this field on the same basis it completed the JF-17 Thunder project and it is a reality now.

Musharaf stop ICBM project/plan just because of US and why US against Pakistan ICBM program because it will threat to Israel simple. We must go to ICBM whatever it is.... Israel is biggest threat to Muslims, Islam and Pakistan (especially) Enemy like India and the USA.

Musharaf stop ICBM project/plan just because of US and why US against Pakistan ICBM program because it will threat to Israel simple. We must go to ICBM whatever it is.... Israel is biggest threat to Muslims, Islam and Pakistan (especially) Enemy like India and the USA.

hey I think I am a friend of yours...:cry:

i don't understand why you bring Islam every where. And always you people calling us as Hindu country. what wrong with you guys.

Why we have to worry about thing which will overshoot and probably will fall in Afghanistan or Iran

Second srtike capability rings a bell?
India mght have oversea armed military bases in future with LRBM's pointed at us.

but Pakistan can take advantage from Indian test to test its own missile otherwise if we test it can cause for the sanction on pakistan

Second anyone know Whats the progress in MIRV on Pakistan based missile as 2010 reports Pakistan is near about final stage ??

Exactly, if we test it, we'll hit the headlines in world media and get sanctioned. Timing is all that matters here. Do it now when India does it or forget about it for a very long time.

Israel is biggest threat to Muslims or Muslims are biggest threat to Israel existence?? :offtopic:
We should not bring the issue of Religion..
Topic is
"Possible Reaction of Pakistan after India's AGNI V 5500KM.."

Why you bring religion in every discussion.

Still you bring Musharraf here?

Just count the military deals in musharaf 8 years and without muharaf in 40 years....

India is close by to Pakistan and vice versa. Neither of them need intercontinental missiles. They are next door to each other. A range of 3000 km would be enough

I think instead of continuing with the missiles we should only look towards the space program launch platform as it will not only be helpful in terms of satellite launch but also it will be helpful in launching the deadly payload in space which then can be guided to any place in the world. So Shaheen-III is enough and we should look towards upgradation of older missiles.

India is close by to Pakistan and vice versa. Neither of them need intercontinental missiles. They are next door to each other. A range of 3000 km would be enough
Its not for pakistan, its for minimum credible deterrence against Chinese ICBMs.

India and Pakistan need missiles just below 3,500KM to be able to strike anywhere in each other countries well actually you guys need 3,500km missiles all we need is 1,000km range missiles to be able to strike any target in your country which is why we have thousands of Prithvi missiles deployed. Pakistan would need no reaction to Agni V as it is a missile of far greater range for regional warfare. Agni 2, 3 and 4 are all we need but really Prithvi II can already get the job done for us

oh not to mention does Pakistan even have the ability to design and manufacture an ICBM on its own? you guys lack the design capability and finances to support R&D for an ICBM unless of course you guys do what you did in the 90's and get designs from the North Koreans and Chinese repaint the missiles and name them after foreign Islamic kings that ruled over the area today known as Pakistan

Agni V is against China, we can strike Pakistan farthest city Quetta with 600-1000km range missiles. Agni-1 is sufficient to strike anywhere in Pakistan.

It sounds funny, Pakistanis are whining more than Chinese. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom