What's new

Police dumped bodies into Sindh river to water down toll, claim survivors

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BHOPAL: This is a shocker from the tragedy, if eye-witnesses are to be believed. Villagers and survivors claimed policemen dumped bodies of pilgrims into the river to water down the death toll.

The cops even turned tragedy vultures and stole money and valuables from the bodies before tossing them off the bridge, they alleged.

"I was there at the bridge during the stampede and I have seen policemen dumping over two dozen pilgrims, some of them alive, into the river," said Geeta Mishra, 55, a resident of Bhind.

Another survivor, Asish, 15, a resident of Damoh, told media that policemen pushed him off the bridge when he went to claim the body of his 5-year-old brother, who was killed in the stampede. He suffered critical injuries after the 20-foot fall.

"I fell on my knees and begged the cops to allow me to take my brother's body home. But they pushed me off the bridge, saying that I too should die," he said. There were several other witnesses who had similar stories.

MP temple stampede: Police dumped bodies into Sindh river to water down toll, claim survivors - The Times of India

This is horrible. Can't believe this is true but if true then this simply unacceptable. :angry:

This is the value of life.... disgusting...

Indian policeman do not have that kind of presence of mind to pull something like that off and that too during a stampede. It could be possible if some higher up saw the death toll to affect his yearly numbers. The policemen in question are not inclined to worry about body count being higher or lower. I feel it is a planted story especially throwing people that are alive over the bridge. Then again, considering it is south east asia, anything is possible. If so, this is absolutely disgusting and shows how we are returning back to our roots of being animals.

It needs to be quoted and reported by international news media and shown to the world.

Had similar stories from UttaraKhand flood destruction been reported widely enough, this tragedy and even such violent inhuman treatment of pilgrims could have been avoided.

If this one gets 'watered down' too, more and more incidents of inhumanity will keep cropping up in this country.

If the news is true , it is a very shamefull incident .

All those police officers responsible for this crime should be dismissed from service and should be punished according to law for their unprofessional and inhumane behaviour .

Read the comments:

"A Hindu Secular:
Every non-vegetarian Hindu should die like this or should be butchered by terrorists. What they do with innocent animals should happen to them as well. "

Read the comments:

"A Hindu Secular:
Every non-vegetarian Hindu should die like this or should be butchered by terrorists. What they do with innocent animals should happen to them as well. "

i will only remove the word hindu from above sentence to make it truly secular.

Read the comments:

"A Hindu Secular:

i will only remove the word hindu from above sentence to make it truly secular.

MP temple stampede: Police dumped bodies into Sindh river to water down toll, claim survivors - The Times of India

This is horrible. Can't believe this is true but if true then this simply unacceptable. :angry:

Nothing like this happened.. my family (Ma, Dad) were there in that temple... copes came and helped every possible being.. the even helped my parents get out of the temple and took them to a safe place and my mom called me t o tell that they were ok...
IN certain section of society its common to blame Cops or Administration foe every damn thing that is wrong with the society.

Anyways the DSP in the area has already set up a departmental investigation to find out the truth.

No human being would throw injured people off a bridge. That too in great numbers :rolleyes:

Only a psychopath is capable of such a deeds.

Stealing from the dead is believable though.

Back
Top Bottom