What's new

POF to equip Sindh Rangers with advance weapons

No time to use new toys rather than modified G 3A3 and MP 7 version which they have modified have 20 percent better capability

I suggest them wait until PA selects future rifle once it is selected it will be made in POF order 100 rifles a year becoz army also will buy in 10000 so wait for better bigger beast

Rangers needs bullet proof vest and short barrel rifles. G-3s and LMG aren't meant for urban policing. Specially G-3 is just out dated for modern warfare. too long and heavy to carry and recoil kicks like a mule. Forget about getting a correct aim with G-3 in kneeling or standing positing.

No time to use new toys rather than modified G 3A3 and MP 7 version which they have modified have 20 percent better capability

I suggest them wait until PA selects future rifle once it is selected it will be made in POF order 100 rifles a year becoz army also will buy in 10000 so wait for better bigger beast
I completely agree for some time Type 56 will be enough. Rangers should wait for new Assault Rifle being selected by Army and go for it as for Marksman Rifle I really hope Army considers HK 28 or other good Rifle and Turkish bora should be tested for Sniper

Agreed and also replace MP 7 with something like better smaller smg

For urban warfare POF should make new departnment which only focus on urban warfare weapons today most of wars fought on streets rather than battlefield so we need to change the moid to and not to forget popeye

I completely agree for some time Type 56 will be enough. Rangers should wait for new Assault Rifle being selected by Army and go for it as for Marksman Rifle I really hope Army considers HK 28 or other good Rifle and Turkish bora should be tested for Sniper
HK 28 dear or HK 417 is far better option

Agreed and also replace MP 7 with something like better smaller smg

For urban warfare POF should make new departnment which only focus on urban warfare weapons today most of wars fought on streets rather than battlefield so we need to change the moid to and not to forget popeye

HK 28 dear or HK 417 is far better option
HK-417 is battle rifle not Marksman rifle. HK-417 can be Pakistan next standard Battle Rifle. POF should also develop accessories for Guns.

Rangers needs bullet proof vest and short barrel rifles. G-3s and LMG aren't meant for urban policing. Specially G-3 is just out dated for modern warfare. too long and heavy to carry and recoil kicks like a mule. Forget about getting a correct aim with G-3 in kneeling or standing positing.
The rangers primary role isn't even Policing. I'd love to see you police people while wearing a 15kg vest, and 5kg of weapons and ammunition. For policing, you need to stay light.
Their main role is to defend the border. The G3 and the MG3 are probably the best weapon for long range engagements across the borders. Trying to defend a border with anything smaller than 6.5x39 isn't the brightest idea.
They just need to be modernized though. Something like the Norwegian AG3?
ag3_f2_by_kellebass.jpg

1791610.jpg

HK-417 is battle rifle not Marksman rifle. HK-417 can be Pakistan next standard Battle Rifle. POF should also develop accessories for Guns.
I agree with you, the HK417 is the best weapon the Army could go for right now. It uses the same 7.62x51 NATO, and requires little training. Anyone who knows how to shoot a HK G3 will know how to use a HK417 after spending 10 minutes with it.

I think you mean HK417, the HK G28 is a HK417, with a custom barrel and a long range scope, designed for the Bundeswehr's Marksmen. It comes standard with a huge scope.

The rangers primary role isn't even Policing. I'd love to see you police people while wearing a 15kg vest, and 5kg of weapons and ammunition. For policing, you need to stay light.
Their main role is to defend the border. The G3 and the MG3 are probably the best weapon for long range engagements across the borders. Trying to defend a border with anything smaller than 6.5x39 isn't the brightest idea.
ag3_f2_by_kellebass.jpg

1791610.jpg

I agree with you, the HK417 is the best weapon the Army could go for right now. It uses the same 7.62x51 NATO, and requires little training. Anyone who knows how to shoot a HK G3 will know how to use a HK417 after spending 10 minutes with it.
Well hope soon if only problem can be German government so called human right issues they claim

ag3_f2_by_kellebass.jpg

1791610.jpg

I think you mean HK417, the HK G28 is a HK417, with a custom barrel and a long range scope, designed for the Bundeswehr's Marksmen.
I meant HK G28 Marksman not Battle Rifle for that it should be HK-417

I meant HK G28 Marksman not Battle Rifle for that it should be HK-417
That would be very expensive though. G28 might have a 5% performance increase than the HK417. Why not just mod a HK417 to give it that 5% boost rather than buying a precision rifle?

That would be very expensive though. G28 might have a 5% performance increase than the HK417. Why not just mod a HK417 to give it that 5% boost rather than buying a precision rifle?
Well even better by the way year ago Pakistan was testing lot of Sniper Rifles wanted to select one. What happened to those tests ?

Well even better by the way year ago Pakistan was testing lot of Sniper Rifles wanted to select one. What happened to those tests ?
I don't know, most probably a budget cut? or they found a better way to use those funds?
Anyways, I've reached the maximum amount of One liners I'll be posting this day. Don't want to waste server space with silly one liners, do we?

ag3_f2_by_kellebass.jpg

1791610.jpg

I think you mean HK417, the HK G28 is a HK417, with a custom barrel and a long range scope, designed for the Bundeswehr's Marksmen. It comes standard with a huge scope.
I agree, vest are pain in the butt to wear, but their is a modified lighter version, it's called plate carrier. since we are talking about Sindh Ranger and most probably in context of Karachi. there are no mortar rounds and artillery landing in Karachi, plate carrier will just work fine. Protection increases moral. Again, long barrel rifle with 7.62 rounds make sense on the border but not for police work in Karachi.
VVR-MC-Full-Kit-Front.jpg

I agree, vest are pain in the butt to wear, but their is a modified lighter version, it's called plate carrier. since we are talking about Sindh Ranger and most probably in context of Karachi. there are no mortar rounds and artillery landing in Karachi, plate carrier will just work fine. Protection increases moral. Again, long barrel rifle with 7.62 rounds make sense on the border but not for police work in Karachi.
VVR-MC-Full-Kit-Front.jpg
Steel armor in urban areas? The bullets will ricochet right off and hit some unlucky passer by, and if you don't wear it correctly, it might even just bounce upwards into your neck or face, or even hit you, then ricochet and hit your friend too.
Or worst case scenario the guy shooting at you has AP ammo, the bullet passes through the first plate, bounces off the second plate and makes halwa of your internals.
Plate carriers is almost every vest which has pouches for either ceramic or steel plates.
An AK should do just fine in Karachi.

Steel armor in urban areas? The bullets will ricochet right off and hit some unlucky passer by, and if you don't wear it correctly, it might even just bounce upwards into your neck or face, or even hit you, then ricochet and hit your friend too.
Or worst case scenario the guy shooting at you has AP ammo, the bullet passes through the first plate, bounces off the second plate and makes halwa of your internals.
Plate carriers is almost every vest which has pouches for either ceramic or steel plates.
An AK should do just fine in Karachi.
Where did you get steel armor idea from? Steel is way too heavy to carry. Of-course every vest has pocket for front, back and side for Small Arms Protective Insert (SAPI) plates and that's why they are called plate carrier. Other than that there are other types of vest. SAPI can protect from multiple shots of 7.62.

Where did you get steel armor idea from? Steel is way too heavy to carry. Of-course every vest has pocket for front, back and side for Small Arms Protective Insert (SAPI) plates and that's why they are called plate carrier. Other than that there are other types of vest. SAPI can protect from multiple shots of 7.62.
I thought it was another vest, but it's actually a SOtech Viper.
I don't think other people are allowed to have SAPI plates, The Americans cracked down on their own civilians selling these plates because it was "stolen property".
The problem with SAPI's are they're too expensive, and wear out quickly. If a policeman falls down on his plate, his SAPI plate will be useless and he'll have to replace it.
I'm sure the Interceptor copy we've made will do fine for the rangers who conduct raids.

Back
Top Bottom