What's new

PMLN experience: Tax base shrinks by a third !

A thief always justifies his actions. Unfortunately, most Pakistanis are self righteous hypocrites. The roads that you use, the subsidy that your children get in medical schools all come from the tax payments of big corporations and honest citizens.

And people like you wouldn't pay taxes even under a 100% clean government unless forced. The problem in Pakistan are not just the leaders, but the self righteous masses themselves. Out of all Pakistan, I would consider only some 20% of the people to be honest men and good citizens to be honest. Unfortunately most people themselves are corrupt but always pretend to be holier than thou.

Stop being a Noora puppet for a moment and try to think in neutral terms. First of all, I don't even live in Pakistan. All these assumptions you have made about me regarding my tax payments are therefore just that.

Secondly, I have learnt to pay my taxes in the country that I was born and raised. In fact, not paying your taxes in this particular country is a bigger crime than child molestation. Therefore, you don't need to lecture me about being a good citizen and paying my taxes. I can put my hand in fire and vow that I have been paying my taxes since the day I was eligible to do so. I pay my taxes because my children and the people of this land actually benefit from it. This tax money isn't stolen by the state to be wasted on expensive trips abroad i.e. self leisure.

Personally, I wouldn't have paid a dime had I been living in Pakistan under the corrupt regimes of Nawaz Sharif or the Zardari monarchy. That's my point of view. I'm not a hypocrite, but I'm able to differentiate between corrupt and an honest state. A state that would actually spend this money on the well being of my children and my countrymen.

Please feel free to pay your taxes, but don't accuse me of hypocrisy when it's actually people like you who support the existence of corrupt regimes in the first place. You don't have the guts to call a spade a spade. Worse, you're part and parcel of a corrupt system through your actions knowingly or unknowingly. You're blind to accept the reality. 60 odd years have passed by and Pakistan is still at the mercy of robbers and fuedal thugs. The people of this country are starving to death. Law and order virtually nonexistent. An economy in shambles. Yet, you want to pay your taxes and pretend that everything is fine. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Stop being a Noora puppet for a moment and try to think in neutral terms. First of all, I don't even live in Pakistan. All these assumptions you have made about me regarding my tax payments are therefore just that.

Secondly, I have learnt to pay my taxes in the country that I was born and raised. In fact, not paying your taxes in this particular country is a bigger crime than child molestation. Therefore, you don't need to lecture me about being a good citizen and paying my taxes. I can put my hand in fire and vow that I have been paying my taxes since the day I was eligible to do so. I pay my taxes because my children and the people of this land actually benefit from it. This tax money isn't stolen by the state to be wasted on expensive trips abroad i.e. self leisure.

Personally, I wouldn't have paid a dime had I been living in Pakistan under the corrupt regimes of Nawaz Sharif or the Zardari monarchy. That's my point of view. I'm not a hypocrite, but I'm able to differentiate between corrupt and an honest state. A state that would actually spend this money on the well being of my children and my countrymen.

Please feel free to pay your taxes, but don't accuse me of hypocrisy when it's actually people like you who support the existence of corrupt regimes in the first place. You don't have the guts to call a spade a spade. Worse, you're part and parcel of a corrupt system through your actions knowingly or unknowingly. You're blind to accept the reality. 60 odd years have passed by and Pakistan is still at the mercy of robbers and fuedal thugs. The people of this country are starving to death. Law and order virtually nonexistent. An economy in shambles. Yet, you want to pay your taxes and pretend that everything is fine. Good luck with that.

You pay tax in NL, because you know you'd be in jail otherwise. As for the government, well, the people voted. Yes some seats were rigged, but despite the rigging, PML-N won. And it's 18th amendment after all, who is stopping you people from living in KPK?

You pay tax in NL, because you know you'd be in jail otherwise. As for the government, well, the people voted. Yes some seats were rigged, but despite the rigging, PML-N won. And it's 18th amendment after all, who is stopping you people from living in KPK?

Stop being judgemental. You barely know my name or who I am for that matter.

I pay my taxes because I believe it is the right thing to do. I pay my taxes, not because I'm afraid or you tell me to do so. I see that it benefits my children and the society at large unlike in Pakistan where taxpayers money is stolen and not spent on the people. Everyone knows this.

Some seats were rigged he says. You say this like it's very normal and common. This is exactly the attitude that needs to change. Wrongdoing doesn't affect you any more. You just shrug it off as something you have become accustomed to. Do you even realize it?

What do you mean by "you people"? Keep this attitude up and this country will certainly divide. Your Noora government has already done a marvellous job in isolating themselves to Punjab.

Last edited:
Jab nawaz khud tax nhie deta tu loog kiun deyain?

What has deficit go to do with the budget spending.

over spending,anyway the budget outlay is 4.3Trillion pkr or 43Billion dollars as i said earlier,which is 22% more than previous year budget,which means we are expecting a budget beyond 50Billion dollars next year

Stop being judgemental. You barely know my name or who I am for that matter.

I pay my taxes because I believe it is the right thing to do. I pay my taxes, not because I'm afraid or you tell me to do so. I see that it benefits my children and the society at large unlike in Pakistan where taxpayers money is stolen and not spent on the people. Everyone knows this.

Some seats were rigged he says. You say this like it's very normal and common. This is exactly the attitude that needs to change. Wrongdoing doesn't affect you any more. You just shrug it off as something you have become accustomed to. Do you even realize it?

What do you mean by "you people"? Keep this attitude up and this country will certainly divide. Your Noora government has already done a marvellous job in isolating themselves to Punjab.

Why do you think the fees for medical colleges like King Edward is so low? Where does the government get the money to subsidize government colleges? Yep it's because of an absolute minority of tax paying and law abiding citizens that the majority leaches of off. It's because of people like you who justify their tax evasion due to their political disagreements that the country has to get IMF bailouts every year.

And by "you" I meant the PTI supporters. Like only recently a guy here was saying how KPK was the most progressing province and how people there were the smartest. I just asked him why did he chose to live in Karachi then, rather than in KPK from where he was from. I mean Punjab and Sindh have been voting for Nooras and PPPs for ages, and hence the two regions would be dead regressive, yet a lot of people choose to live there. Why's that? Also why don't the PTI supporters from Punjab and Sindh shift to KPK, considering 18th amendment and a progressive government there?

over spending,anyway the budget outlay is 4.3Trillion pkr or 43Billion dollars as i said earlier,which is 22% more than previous year budget,which means we are expecting a budget beyond 50Billion dollars next year
LOL!The finance bill passed by your parliament says $39 billion and clearly you can't differentiate between budget outlay,spending and deficit.

Why only $50 billion,lets make it $50 trillion.:rofl:

Revised figure for last year was $39 billion, and this FY $43 billion so increase of only 7-8%.

Last year 61% of taxes were indirect. I think this % is very high compared to other countries in region.

Which taxes are collected by states?Don't you guys have GST which is probably collected by central government.
GST and Income tax along with excise is collected by Federation while provinces can tax all other sectors which they deem fit.

GST and Income tax along with excise is collected by Federation while provinces can tax all other sectors which they deem fit.
So the bulk of the tax revenue is collected by Central government.

Back
Top Bottom