Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Prime Minister's Office
28-May, 2015 09:16 IST
PM pays tributes to Veer Savarkar on his birth anniversary

Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has paid tributes to Veer Savarkar on his birth anniversary

"I bow to the great Veer Savarkar on his birth anniversary. We remember his indomitable spirit and invaluable contribution to India's history. Veer Savarkar's undying love for India made him fight injustice against our Motherland. He inspired many others to join freedom struggle. We salute Veer Savarkar for his emphasis on social reform and remember his writing and poetry that ignites the spark of patriotism among people," the Prime Minister said.

The Speaker, Lok Sabha, Smt. Sumitra Mahajan, the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, the Union Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs and Information & Broadcasting, Shri Arun Jaitley and other dignitaries paid tributes to Swatantryaveer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, on his birth anniversary, at Parliament House, in New Delhi on May 28, 2015.
s2015052865984.jpg

The guy was fanatically anti muslim... and hindu supremacist.

He was against the partition similar like majority of Indian Muslims.

Savarkar was one of the few Hindu leaders who had made a deep study of Islam from its scriptures. He had read a translation of the Quran even while he was a student in England. In the Andamans, Savarkar had read the Quran first in its English and subsequently Bengali and Marathi translations. Responding to the opinion of his Muslim friends that the real beauty of the Quran lies in its original, Savarkar asked them to read each page from the original and then had them translate it for his benefit into Hindi. As Savarkar describes, he heard them recite the Quran with great concentration and after keeping his mind clean and pure as a devout Muslim. In later life, Savarkar read several books written by Western authorities on the Quran. Savarkar’s deep study of Islam is evident from his numerous articles such as those on Kemal Pasha, Khilafat movement and various Islamic sects. Savarkar had learnt to read and write Urdu.

People still do not understand the important thing that stating the fact of Mussulman and Hindu nations being present in Hindusthan is not to accept the Pakistani adamancy of carving a country of the Mussalmans.

Shiv Sena demands 'Bharat Ratna' for Veer Savarkar | Zee News

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:35
New Delhi: Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut has requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to confer Bharat Ratna to freedom fighter Veer Savarkar.

In a letter sent to Prime Minister Modi on Monday, Raut described Savarkar as a 'staunch supporter of Hindu nation' and accused previous governments of ignoring the freedom fighter.

"The British Courts had sentenced him life imprisonment and sent to cellular jail in Andaman Islands. He was tortured and ill treated there, but he remained resolute and patriot," the latter stated.

"Previous governments deliberately ignored Veer Savarkar's great contribution (to freedom struggle). He was a supporter of Hindu nation, and that is why previous government tried taking revenge.... I have full faith that your (Prime Minister Modi's) government will confer Bharat Ratna to Veer Savarkar, which people of our country want," it added.

ANI

So our "Veer" Savarakar was so veer that he begged for British mercy...

Veer Savarakar during that time was having a very different image and Britisher were not willing to take any chances.

He was in jail during period of first world war and was arrested in France and during that time war was already going on in Europe.

Veer Savarakar during that time was having a very different image and Britisher were not willing to take any chances.

He was in jail during period of first world war and was arrested in France and during that time war was already going on in Europe.
I don't remember a Bhagat Singh writing a mercy letter to Brits. No its not Brits who were not willing to take any chances, it was our "Veer" Savarkar who pissed in his pants as soon as he understood that he is in trouble, hence he did not take any chance.

Just like your hero Menon begged for Hindu mercy ?? :lol:
Hindu mercy? I guess he was asking for Indian mercy. Anyways he is not my hero unlike Bal Thackrey/"Veer" Savarkar of yours...

Last edited:
I don't remember a Bhagat Singh writing a mercy letter to Brits. No its not Brits who were not willing to take any chances, it was our "Veer" Savarkar who pissed in his pants as soon as he understood that he is in trouble, hence he did not take any chance.

Where he was arrested ?

On 26 May 1906, Savarkar left India for England after securing ‘The Shivaji Fellowship’ announced by Sardar Singh Rana. Savarkar’s name had been recommended to Shyamji Krishnavarma of the India House, London by no less than Lokmanya Tilak who as per Shyamji’s instructions had also paid Rs. 400 to Savarkar. Though Savarkar had ostensibly gone to London to become a Barrister, he soon became the fiery leader of the Indian Revolutionary Movement in England.

Interesting read
http://legal.un.org/riaa/cases/vol_XI/243-255.pdf

Where he was arrested ?

On 26 May 1906, Savarkar left India for England after securing ‘The Shivaji Fellowship’ announced by Sardar Singh Rana. Savarkar’s name had been recommended to Shyamji Krishnavarma of the India House, London by no less than Lokmanya Tilak who as per Shyamji’s instructions had also paid Rs. 400 to Savarkar. Though Savarkar had ostensibly gone to London to become a Barrister, he soon became the fiery leader of the Indian Revolutionary Movement in England.

Interesting read
http://legal.un.org/riaa/cases/vol_XI/243-255.pdf
????

Is it not a fact that he begged for mercy in return to abide british rules? So what is it you brought up?

????

Is it not a fact that he begged for mercy in return to abide british rules? So what is it you brought up?

I have not read anywhere that he begged for mercy . Do you have any source ?

That it about the International law of 1910 regarding the extradition of British Indian citizen.

Prime Minister's Office
28-May, 2015 09:16 IST
PM pays tributes to Veer Savarkar on his birth anniversary

Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has paid tributes to Veer Savarkar on his birth anniversary

"I bow to the great Veer Savarkar on his birth anniversary. We remember his indomitable spirit and invaluable contribution to India's history. Veer Savarkar's undying love for India made him fight injustice against our Motherland. He inspired many others to join freedom struggle. We salute Veer Savarkar for his emphasis on social reform and remember his writing and poetry that ignites the spark of patriotism among people," the Prime Minister said.

Salute to him. :)

I have not read anywhere that he begged for mercy . Do you have any source ?

That it about the International law of 1910 regarding the extradition of British Indian citizen.
He did. The_Showstopper will give you the link.

There is no doubt that he was a nationalist but like millions of Indians he was even against partition.
I would have opposed him in that. Partition was necessary.

Back
Top Bottom