What's new

PM Modi to launch Atal Bridge All about iconic bridge on Sabarmati river

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate pedestrian-only 'Atal Bridge' on Sabarmati river

Atal Bridge over Sabarmati river illuminated with lights on the eve of its inauguration, in Ahmedabad (Photo: PTI)

HIGHLIGHTS​

• Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to inaugurate the pedestrian-only 'Atal Bridge' on Saturday
  • He will inaugurate the bridge on the first day of his two-day visit to Gujarat
  • The iconic 300-metre foot-over bridge has been named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the iconic ‘Atal Bridge’ on the Sabarmati river in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city on Saturday.

PM Modi will embark on his two-day visit to Gujarat on Saturday. On the first day of his visit, PM Modi will address a gathering at the ‘Khadi Utsav’ programme to be held on Sabarmati Riverfront in the evening, a state government release said.
“From the same venue, the prime minister will inaugurate the foot-over bridge, built by the Amdavad Municipal Corporation and named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee,” it said

“An exemplary landmark of the Sabarmati Riverfront!” he said in another tweet while sharing a video of the bridge.

All you need to know about 'Atal Bridge'

- The pedestrian-only ‘Atal Bridge’ is a foot-over bridge on the Sabarmati river, constructed between Ellis Bridge and Sardar Bridge.

- This iconic bridge, with an eye-catching design and LED lighting, is nearly 300 metre long and 14 metre wide in the middle.

- The bridge has been built using 2,600 metric tonnes of steel pipes.

- The roof of the bridge is made up of colourful fabric, and the railing has been built with glass and stainless steel.

- The food-over bridge connects the flower garden on the western-end of the riverfront and the upcoming arts and culture centre on the eastern-end.

- Apart from pedestrians, cyclists can also use this bridge to cross the river while avoiding traffic.

- It will allow people to view the riverfront from the middle of the waterbody.

- The bridge is designed in such a way that people can approach it from both the lower and upper walkways, or promenades of the riverfront.

(With agency input)

Why does a PM needs to inaugurate a bridge? This is "just" 300m long bridge, not some world record bridge of something. Doesn't he have something more important to do instead?

Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate pedestrian-only 'Atal Bridge' on Sabarmati river'Atal Bridge' on Sabarmati river

Atal Bridge over Sabarmati river illuminated with lights on the eve of its inauguration, in Ahmedabad (Photo: PTI)

HIGHLIGHTS​

• Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to inaugurate the pedestrian-only 'Atal Bridge' on Saturday
  • He will inaugurate the bridge on the first day of his two-day visit to Gujarat
  • The iconic 300-metre foot-over bridge has been named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the iconic ‘Atal Bridge’ on the Sabarmati river in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city on Saturday.

PM Modi will embark on his two-day visit to Gujarat on Saturday. On the first day of his visit, PM Modi will address a gathering at the ‘Khadi Utsav’ programme to be held on Sabarmati Riverfront in the evening, a state government release said.
“From the same venue, the prime minister will inaugurate the foot-over bridge, built by the Amdavad Municipal Corporation and named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee,” it said

“An exemplary landmark of the Sabarmati Riverfront!” he said in another tweet while sharing a video of the bridge.

All you need to know about 'Atal Bridge'

- The pedestrian-only ‘Atal Bridge’ is a foot-over bridge on the Sabarmati river, constructed between Ellis Bridge and Sardar Bridge.

- This iconic bridge, with an eye-catching design and LED lighting, is nearly 300 metre long and 14 metre wide in the middle.

- The bridge has been built using 2,600 metric tonnes of steel pipes.

- The roof of the bridge is made up of colourful fabric, and the railing has been built with glass and stainless steel.

- The food-over bridge connects the flower garden on the western-end of the riverfront and the upcoming arts and culture centre on the eastern-end.

- Apart from pedestrians, cyclists can also use this bridge to cross the river while avoiding traffic.

- It will allow people to view the riverfront from the middle of the waterbody.

- The bridge is designed in such a way that people can approach it from both the lower and upper walkways, or promenades of the riverfront.

(With agency input)

Looks nice!

Why does a PM needs to inaugurate a bridge? This is "just" 300m long bridge, not some world record bridge of something. Doesn't he have something more important to do instead?
Because he will get some camera time to make some more people ch@tiya.

How many hours before the bridge collapses after Modi visits it? 8-)

How many hours before the bridge collapses after Modi visits it? 8-)

Imagine being a Chong and worrying about bridge collapse in other countries lol

Imagine being a Chong and worrying about bridge collapse in other countries lol

Uhh whataboutism? Remember the Florida bridge collapse that killed a couple? Yeah it also happened a few years ago.

I'm only looking at 2022 incidents and oh boy, India is a real concern right here.

Just from June 2022 and later:

China has improved so much over the last 20 years 8-) 8-) 8-)

Uhh whataboutism? Remember the Florida bridge collapse that killed a couple? Yeah it also happened in the past.

Fact is, India is the one that is the real concern based on recent collapses 8-)

Tofu dreg aficionados worried about bridge collapse in Florida but not the Chinese who get squished like ants in China routinely!

Uhh whataboutism? Remember the Florida bridge collapse that killed a couple? Yeah it also happened a few years ago.

I'm only looking at 2022 incidents and oh boy, India is a real concern right here.

Improvement only on Weibo, not in reality!

Tofu dreg aficionados worried about bridge collapse in Florida but not the Chinese who get squished like ants in China routinely!

Improvement only on Weibo, not in reality!

Oh just one isolated incident that everyone in China got angry about. I challenge you to show me more.

In fact there were a few million Chinese who were angry who didn't die because of the central government's COVID response and improvement in building safety over the years.

Whereas there are a few million Indian keyboard warriors no longer alive because of COVID... Pity them...

One isolated incident versus a trend, my friend.

Anyway why am I speaking in the colonizer's language? I should get back to speaking Chinese.

Oh just one isolated incident that everyone in China got angry about.

In fact there were a few million Chinese who were angry who didn't die because of the central government's COVID response and improvement in building safety over the years.

Whereas there are a few million Indian keyboard warriors no longer alive because of COVID... Pity them...

One isolated incident versus a trend, my friend.

Anyway why am I speaking in the colonizer's language? I should get back to speaking Chinese.
One isolated incident?

That's one incident I cited that broke the Great Wall barrier, Chinese construction fails are as (in)famous as the Chinese themselves.

The ones who believe that the yellow sub humans are immune to Covid thanks to their vaccines that are worse than saline water, include low IQ wumaos who learnt English so that they can afford to eat plastic rice fried in gutter oil every morning.

Expecting the Chongs to disclose the correct number of their dead is like expecting sun to rise from the west, till today they've not been able to confirm the number of dead in the Great leap!

The ones who believe that the yellow sub humans are immune to Covid thanks to their vaccines that are worse than saline water, include low IQ wumaos who learnt English so that they can afford to eat plastic rice fried in gutter oil every morning.
Oh boy your true nature has been revealed! I certainly regretted calling you my friend.

Imagine being from a country who’s bridge collapse compilations are made wholesale with millions of views is talking of faulty bridges in other countries :omghaha:.

Back
Top Bottom