What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Also I don't know if anyone has read Naimatullah Shah Wali, but I remember something about good leadership coming just as everything feels like it will be lost. Maybe we are in this situation now who knows?
Yes, read this a long time back. I won't put much store to it. Some are too exact. It is still from a man.

Enough is what our Messenger صل الله عليه وسلم has foretold.

Reminds me of story of Treat of Hudaybiya. At time it seemed like a great defeat, humiliation even by companions of Prophet (SAW), so much so that when Prophet (SAW) asked companions to leave they did not. That was the level of devastation and humiliation. However Allah is the best of planners and this treaty was single greatest victory.

Let's be patient. Allah is with us. Everything that happens with His will. Everything happens for best. Maybe this disappointment today will lead to great victory in the future inshallah
It is more like Ghuzwa Uhad where Muslims let go the instructions of the Messenger and got heavy losses.

This setback is 90-% from internal and external actors but there mistakes from IK too. But IK has extraordinary resolve...
I have not seen or read in recent history. Quaid was a great leader, in one sense IK is fighting for the Liberation of Pakistan.
He won't be defeated that's for sure.

They are part of the system. It is not necessary that they got paid. In the system, you can make many from many ways.
Yes, Sir.

They will fix the elections. This is why the opposition are so desperate to get power even for a few months. It gives them enough time to lay the foundation.
NS got disqualified and convicted while in power. The current cases maybe delayed, which they already have under IK. Focus should be keeping kpk base, and then winning Punjab back.

Can someone more knowledgable tell me, that if the dissenting MNA's vote for the the motion, and then get disqualified, thenthey won't be able to vote for elections of the PM, right?

If so, then how many votes would a party need to secure? Simple majority from the number of members present in the assembly or the simple majority of ALL assembly seats?

`.png

In the end, I still think sitting in the opposition would be a good move. Let PDM unravel and make the tough decisions, the State Bank will likely not play ball with the govt and pump money in the market, unless PML goes bezerk and ruins the economy for popularity.

Also, if the PTI resigns, then PDM has a free choice to choose a caretaker setup. A united opposition of 140 members is pretty substantial.

Then why was election commission invited lol.
Let me tell you why. They are all hand in gloves with the opposition and when ecp announced they can't hold elections in 90 days they knew that IK will go to court against ecp. so they called ecp in to let them know of their decision in order to save them from any proceedings against them its all a bunch of hogwash

Can someone more knowledgable tell me, that if the dissenting MNA's vote for the the motion, and then get disqualified, thenthey won't be able to vote for elections of the PM, right?

If so, then how many votes would a party need to secure? Simple majority from the number of members present in the assembly or the simple majority of ALL assembly seats?

MNA will only be disqualified by the notification of ECP.

I look across the muslim world same story everywhere, propped up military dictators, corrupt politicians, thiefdoms. Imran had many flaws as a leader but he was something different IMO a breath of fresh air. Going back to the usual looting gang will unwind any good things he may have done. A sorry state of affairs for all branches of life and all institutions across Pak. Not living up to Jinnahs dream or what the average citizen had hoped.

Bolded Part. True.
And yet we must be extremely careful of not going too far in giving total support and act like a cult. What was totally illegal--and unnecessary--must be condemned. If we had allowed this blatant power heist from Imran Khan today then we would have no right to complain about a Bilawal or a Hamza doing the same some years later. The Supreme Court had no choice but to reject the Speaker's ruling.
If Imran Khan has a solid standing--which I think he does more than other party, especially on national level--then he should mobilize his support for the next elections. As I had said before the Sunday debacle, Imran was going to win by losing. Why did he listen to some dumb a$$ advice then is a mystery.

Perhaps it’s a reflection of the over importance of public perception in our society. He has to be seen as going down swinging for the fences for the sake of honor?; putting up resistance, so he can comeback as a challenger once again in the next elections. Hence the polls; was what he did a “Right, Wrong, or a Master Stroke”?. It’s a reflection of our culture.

Ultimately, the electorate needs a number of viable parties with viable candidates that all share healthy respect for accountability and transparency if we are to move past the need/desire for populist saviors. Parties who’s platforms are on their different views on how best to achieve the national interests and economic development.

Last edited:
MNA will only be disqualified by the notification of ECP.

And that will then be coming AFTER the vote for the PM has been conducted?

Phir MNA ki disqualification after floor crossing ka ghanta fayeda hai?

Back
Top Bottom