What's new

PM Imran Khan summons meeting to discuss rising inflation today

I was in so much trouble on PDF for saying that naya Pakistan will prove to be just like purana Pakistan, but then I learned to say little. The results are inevitable, and when they become undeniable, then we can talk.

A hundred PhDs from Ivy League schools cannot change the basics determining the value of PKR. The only way for the value to go, no matter who or what is in power in Pakistan, is DOWN, as long as the nation produces little and consumes much, relatively. And no, remittances are no panacea. Inflation must occur as this process goes on unabated.

Now I will now resume my lurking. :D

Be fair.PTI policy from 2019-2021 April was best for Pakistan. The donkey brain started from April late when some suggested to hire Tarin and all poor Imran Khan performance vanished in just month June 2021 alone. Shaukat Tarin did same to PPP in 2009 and now he doing to PTI and both were lost in Punjab mainly and lost elections badly due Shaukat tarin mess cannot recovered but only can save from damage.

Major blunder was to listen Shaukat Tarin advice that we should delay IMF program, which impacted as inflation, currency devalued 11% and CAD mounted to 2.3 billion dollar in just 2 months and we running in panic and growth is paused.

This is the reason people like Dictatorship because do not take poltical pressures in Economic and it Job of professional not failed bankers or PM it self.

Pakistan created 2 best FM One is Shaukat Aziz and other is Hafez Sheik.

Major blunder was to listen Shaukat Tarin advice that we should delay IMF program,

Incorrect. The delay was due to Asad Umar and PMIK himself, and way before ST was appointed.

You can't blame the IMF for your own economic mismanagement. Pakistan had 70 years to develop an industry, instead, it took a colonial approach for the first 23 years and only focused on the military for the rest. Pakistan is essentially a rentier state due to mismanagement.

Look at Bangladesh in comparison, it's flourishing.

IK is dishonest. Has never fulfilled a promise. Ordinary people are being looted left right and centre. As an example, ordinary people are being killed due to sky high electricity prices through unregulated dodgy meters and billing systems.

I dunno man.... Though one thing is for sure, when it comes to economics/economists, Pakistan as a country and society failed miserably. This is what happens when your parents keep telling you to be either Daakter or Inginier. (and even in that we suck lol)
We have some really good economists, financiers, bankers, and accountants, both in Pakistan, and in the diaspora. I wouldn’t discount them.

We had one very renowned economists that IK initially tried to bring aboard, but he was discarded because of his faith, the government bowed to the pressure.... case in point.

More broadly, our political system is deeply flawed and undermined, so it’s no wonder the performance isn’t there. It doesn’t matter if I fill my car up on premium petrol, if my engine is rotten or if someone has broken it, the outcome will be rotten too.

lols

aik aur maslay peh PM sabh ki tashwish aur meeting!

ya bandar bant ka tamasha Pakistan may kab tak chalay ga? he promised to end mafia yet the biggest Mafia of All the Alpha Mafia is still protecting its minion zardari and nawaz and looting the country! all the other mafias are nothing they just operate with impunity because they give a good proposition of their corruption money to Fauji Mafia as protection money!!

so end fauji mafia or fk off khan!

Lol...it's third year and not Able to control inflation ..means more inflation is coming given the past ..whenever he takes notice of something it always go up

I was in so much trouble on PDF for saying that naya Pakistan will prove to be just like purana Pakistan, but then I learned to say little. The results are inevitable, and when they become undeniable, then we can talk.

A hundred PhDs from Ivy League schools cannot change the basics determining the value of PKR. The only way for the value to go, no matter who or what is in power in Pakistan, is DOWN, as long as the nation produces little and consumes much, relatively. And no, remittances are no panacea. Inflation must occur as this process goes on unabated.

Now I will now resume my lurking. :D

There are hard reforms, that need to be done, to get the economy stable and growing, but it seems they are the third rail of Pakistani politics. The will doesn’t seem to be there to “Birth” a Naya Pakistan.

Agricultural reforms to attract investment should have been something that was prioritized. Yields are some of the lowest in the world. At the very least, domestic food consumption should be met with local suppliers. domestic growth, especially in agriculture, and greater exports, along with cutting subsidies to local consumption is the only way.

There are hard reforms, that need to be done, to get the economy stable and growing, but it seems they are the third rail of Pakistani politics. The will doesn’t seem to be there to “Birth” a Naya Pakistan.

There never was, there will never be, as long as the system remains comfortable for those who are running it so well for their own benefit.

I knew from the get go PTI Economic policy was doomed to failure when his economic counsel ceased to exist basically after the whole Ahmadiyya fiasco. The Ulema asked IK to remove 1-2 individuals one being a Princeton University Professor who left his chair after that the others left total approx. 20 individuals top dogs in Economic policies from basically Ivy Leagues with PhDs. So you can also put the blame on those nut sacks for interfering in matters they have no working knowledge of, IK should've stayed his ground and asked what the economy has to do with an individuals belief.
It's like Siraj ul Haq commenting on how Pakistan economy has gone down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom