What's new

PM Imran Khan is one of the Time’s 100 most influential people for 2019

kamranofficial

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The well-celebrated Time Magazine has just published the list of “100 Most Influential People” for the year 2019 and it has the name of our Prime Minister Imran Khan in it too.

page-4.jpg

Pakistani Premier’s name is among leaders like Malaysia’s Mahathir Mohamad, America’s Donald Trump, New Zealand’s Jacinda Ardern, China’s Xi Jinping and Pope Francis, amongst others.

Prime Minister’s introduction in the list is written by the Pakistani veteran journalist, Ahmed Rashid. He starts off the intro writing about the era Pakistan is going through but “the man in charge is the closest it has to a rock star.” Shedding light on PM’s achievements, he pens about Pakistani cricket team’s victory in the 1992 world cup under his captaincy, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and his academic venture Namal College for “kids who could never have dreamed of attending one.”

He went on to write, “Now he is Prime Minister of an impoverished nation that cannot pay its bills and is dependent on handouts from rich neighbors like China and the Arab Gulf states.” He thinks albeit being cold and fierce at times, he is still an epitome of hope for “young and old that he can turn Pakistan around, and help South Asia an ocean of peace” in lieu of a region with permanent conflict.

The list also incorporates icons like Tiger Woods, Mark Zuckerberg, Mohamed Salah, Michelle Obama, Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Zayed, Mahershala Ali, Dwayne Johnson, Hasan Minhaj, amongst others.

This certainly is a joyous moment for the entire country and we hope PM Khan will garner exceptional praise globally in the future for his extraordinary struggle for the betterment of Pakistan. More power to you Mr. Prime Minister.

Feast your eyes upon Pakistans populist 'leader'.

What's the big deal? He's the prime minister of Pakistan, of course he would be in the list considering the importance of Pakistan on the world map and politics.

Even Taylor Swift is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's most powerful in same sense as was Zardari and Sharif.i.e. they all were head of Pakistan, wherein lies US interests.
Only difference is that Imran Khan don't have any political opposition.

He's most powerful in same sense as was Zardari and Sharif.i.e. they all were head of Pakistan, wherein lies US interests.
Only difference is that Imran Khan don't have any political opposition.
Zardari and Nawaz were pretty powerful leaders but corruption was their only weakness, i mean nobody was able to touch Zardari for Memogate scandal and Nawaz sharif also survived Dawn Leaks. In my opinion their only agenda was to weaken Pakistan.

I hope he can use that influence on his party members and his cabinet

Back
Top Bottom