What's new

PLAN received the first batch of J11B (with TH engine)

aimarraul

Reaction score
2rrmnvr.jpg

180y82.jpg

China's J-15 Flying Shark powered by WS-10A engines (or a variant):

C9VSC.jpg

wID52.jpg

HpD6t.jpg

----------

China's J-11BS powered by WS-10A engines (or a variant):

O5aUH.jpg

87Gjo.jpg

[Note: Thank you to Aimarraul for the J-15 Flying Shark and J-11BS pictures.]

----------

Close-up view of J-15 Flying Shark WS-10A engines (or a variant):

OM20I.jpg

i3ODj.jpg

Nice comparison made by "QuantumFX" (Key-Forum)

Shorter engine nozzle and silver petals mean WS-10.

[Note: Thank you to Deino for the J-15 WS-10A engine pictures. Thank you to Lion for the analysis.]

thx Martian

NBpeG.jpg

FRKVV.jpg

A closer look at J-10B with WS-10B engine
3QElK.jpg

J10B with WS10B

Actually, there're two (and half) different types of WS-10 nozzles. The lightweight ejector type for J-10, and the high-speed iris type for J-11 (incld. a modified, low-observable derivative of this for J-20).
27_5653_ac5109da63887e6.jpg

100103205561871a513c28712e.jpg

thx milvipes and Martian

I'm wondering why PLA Navy still ordering J-11B..why order not J-16 even if it's for land base use, this way will not only lower down the cost per unit but increase the capability at the same time.

I'm wondering why PLA Navy still ordering J-11B..why order not J-16 even if it's for land base use, this way will not only lower down the cost per unit but increase the capability at the same time.

J16 didn't even take the first flight yet.....however someone from "9ifly" claimed that first prototype might appear in public this month

Öк½¹¤ÒµÉò·ÉijÖصãÐͺŹ¥¼á¼Íʵ - º½¿Õº½Ìì×ÛºÏÉçÇø!
SF的水果机本月要出点声响了,能不能被偷拍目击就不知道了,称为跨代机太勉强,三代半定性应该准确,考虑到正牌四代机还有些时日,石榴率先出现某些四代机特征现在也可以期待下了,比如鸡头。。

Is this the one with AESA radar bro ?

Is this the one with AESA radar bro ?

China just developed a PESA trial product earlier this year. I wouldn't expect fighter-based AESA to be in service before J-20.

China just developed a PESA trial product earlier this year. I wouldn't expect fighter-based AESA to be in service before J-20.

We here all defer to you of course given your superiority in Chinese defence knowledge.

Don't be an idiot. That was an AESA. I can even give you the name of the guy responsible for its development.

J16 didn't even take the first flight yet.....however someone from "9ifly" claimed that first prototype might appear in public this month

Öк½¹¤ÒµÉò·ÉijÖصãÐͺŹ¥¼á¼Íʵ - º½¿Õº½Ìì×ÛºÏÉçÇø!
SF的水果机本月要出点声响了,能不能被偷拍目击就不知道了,称为跨代机太勉强,三代半定性应该准确,考虑到正牌四代机还有些时日,石榴率先出现某些四代机特征现在也可以期待下了,比如鸡头。。

Opps I mean J-15

We know that's a fighter-borne ESA radar for sure. Is that a PESA or AESA? Hard to tell from available photos.
Huzhigeng@CDF said it's an AESA. Let's see.

Which is why nobody listens to your expectations.

J-10B was tested with AESA earlier this year, and it is a smaller variant of the radar on the J-20. Officials also proved that the J-11B and J-15 are all equipped or soon to be equipped with AESA.

Back
Top Bottom