What's new

PLA Peace Keeping Force Equipment and more

So, let's take a look at the individual equipment of the PLA peace keeping force.

除了92步战,装甲猛士,普通猛士,89迫炮,89重机,87榴弹发射器,火箭筒,还有38mm肩射防暴榴弹发射器,92手枪,05微冲,全套95-1,以及QLG10A枪挂榴弹发射器,轻重武器的试验意味比较浓。

92 APC

300px-Chinese_wheeled_APC_%282008%29.jpg

MengShi Armored and regular

184124iuwqobgbz1zvg883.jpg.thumb.jpg

113532airu8nnrwgw8tnut.jpg.thumb.jpg

89 Mortar, 89 Machine Gun, and 87 grenade launcher

184128r9ffngsfkfxlrsef.jpg.thumb.jpg

38mm anti riot grenade launcher, along with pistal, night vision and QBZ-95 rifle.

184129ovzz2o73k7fobk52.jpg.thumb.jpg

Total weight is about 40 KG, and it has some 108 different pieces of equipment in total per soldier.

[新闻直播间]山东烟台:中国首支维和步兵营亮相 探秘维和营单兵武器_新闻直播间_视频_央视网
[新闻直播间]山东烟台:中国首支维和步兵营亮相 维和营官兵配备全护式防弹衣_新闻直播间_视频_央视网

In Chinese, but you can still check it out if you want, it's short 2-3 minute each.

184112bkaoeo1hobpkcokh.jpg.thumb.jpg

184123sq5urz655gb36blr.jpg.thumb.jpg

184120ziq8d4w7qmzd87rc.jpg.thumb.jpg

184103hgzt5gozo7ccrt9p.jpg.thumb.jpg

184127mly2e8ijfdl382jz.jpg.thumb.jpg

wwwwwwwww......Golden Finger..........

I shivered when I see a professional soldier have their trigger finger inside the trigger hold when they are not pointing downrange. This is like the first rules of handling firearm and something even a dude going for a firearms license should know about, let alone professional like soldier, LEA and even security guard....

And by the way, do you know what is a Peace Keeping Mission? You can't keep peace if you as a peacekeeper go down and fire off couple of rounds yourselves.......Most peace keeper were unarmed while fulfilling their duty as a peacekeeper. They called the Blue Helmet (UN Peacekeeper) Piss Bucket as you are the one that stand in between 2 warring parties and not allow to fire your own weapon. Basically, you put yourselves in the middle so they both won't fire at you.

UN Peacekeeping Force RoEs are very, very straight. You cannot return fire even when you are fired upon. My wife served the UN peacekeeping force twice with NORBAT II, once in Serbia and once in Sudan.

You probably confused the mission to Peace Making mission

Peacemaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Small nation follow the rules; Big nation make the rules.
UN rules made by 5 nations only.....

wwwwwwwww......Golden Finger..........

I shivered when I see a professional soldier have their trigger finger inside the trigger hold when they are not pointing downrange. This is like the first rules of handling firearm and something even a dude going for a firearms license should know about, let alone professional like soldier, LEA and even security guard....

And by the way, do you know what is a Peace Keeping Mission? You can't keep peace if you as a peacekeeper go down and fire off couple of rounds yourselves.......Most peace keeper were unarmed while fulfilling their duty as a peacekeeper. They called the Blue Helmet (UN Peacekeeper) Piss Bucket as you are the one that stand in between 2 warring parties and not allow to fire your own weapon. Basically, you put yourselves in the middle so they both won't fire at you.

UN Peacekeeping Force RoEs are very, very straight. You cannot return fire even when you are fired upon. My wife served the UN peacekeeping force twice with NORBAT II, once in Serbia and once in Sudan.

You probably confused the mission to Peace Making mission

Peacemaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's called sitting ducks, not peace keeper. This is the most lame post that i ever read in PDF. Go fck yourself hundreds times.

I want one thing to add...its a Peace Keeping Mission.you guys are not in war.most of the time,Peace Keepers don't even fire towards Rebels/Militants but resolve it through dialogue.UN has strict mandate not to take sides and fire only after getting proper orders.

by the way,I think its China's First UN Peace Keeping mission,right??
It's been thousands times, Peace keeper shall have stronger fire power to keep order.

find me a reputable news source that called it a peace making mission. The UN calls it peace keeping. Who should I listen to? You? Or the UN?

Dude, how about UN Itself as a source?

United Nations Department of Political Affairs - Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention

Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention

Nepal_AMAA_signing.jpg

Since its establishment more than six decades ago, the United Nations has played a preeminent role in the peaceful resolution of armed conflict around the world.

UN peacemaking flourished in the decade following the end of the Cold War, as many longstanding armed conflicts were brought to an end through political negotiated settlements often brokered and implemented with strong United Nations involvement.

The organization remains highly active in this field today, working increasingly in partnership with regional organizations in order to bring ongoing conflicts to an end, and to prevent new crises from emerging or escalating
Video: Peace through preventive action (2011)

Anchoring the UN's peacemaking efforts is the United Nations Department of Political Affairs. DPA monitors global political developments and advises the United Nations Secretary-General on the prevention and management of crises, including the use of his diplomatic "good offices" to help parties in conflict settle disputes peacefully. The Department provides support to numerous envoys of the Secretary-General engaged in peace talks or crisis diplomacy, while overseeing field-based United Nations "political missions" with mandates to help nations and regions resolve conflicts and tensions peacefully.

darfu_000.jpg

Efforts are ongoing to bolster UN peacemaking capacity, in particular by strengthening the ability of the organization to practice preventive diplomacy and to employ and support mediation in order to head off potential crises at an early stage.

The work of the United Nations in conflict prevention also extends well beyond traditional preventive diplomacy to involve a broad constellation of United Nations entities operating across a wide range of relevant disciplines — poverty-eradication and development, human rights and the rule of law, elections and the building of democratic institutions, the control of small arms, to name just a few.

The United Nations has committed itself to moving from a culture of "reaction" to "prevention", to work Member States as well as civil society to pursue comprehensive strategies that address more immediate as well as deep-rooted structural causes of conflict. DPA also work through interagency mechanisms in order to strengthen national capacities for conflict prevention.

UN do not only work Peace keeping mission, in fact, UN operate several type mission all over the world today, from peacekeeping, peacemaking, monitoring, and training mission. The very first mission after the UN established is a peacemaking mission In Korea in 1950. While different mission have a complete different set of RoEs and requirment, they all leads to UN medal in the end.

Some example of Peacemaking and Observer/Monitor mission involved the UN

UNOSOM -UTF (US led UN Peacemaking Mission, authorise to use all necessary mean.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Task_Force
UNMEE - UN Observer mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Mission_in_Ethiopia_and_Eritrea
UNOMIG - UN Ovserver Mission in Georgia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Observer_Mission_in_Georgia

the list goes on...

Just because you never heard of something that does not mean they do not existed, it may be wise to listen to somebody who knows, especially when that someone have 4 UN medal together with the wife.

And you simply confused Peacekeeping mission with Peacemaking mission.

Yes,a strengthened infantry battalion

Golden Finger……Damn posed pictures

lol yeah, Golden finger is a big No-no on firearm handling.........

Small nation follow the rules; Big nation make the rules.
UN rules made by 5 nations only.....

In this case, not big nation make the rules, it's the UN who make them.

Even when I was serving within the UN capacity with KFOR, we still need to follow their rules of engagement. You do know you will get send to international court of justice if you violate them as a UN Peacekeeper?

It's called sitting ducks, not peace keeper. This is the most lame post that i ever read in PDF. Go fck yourself hundreds times.

It's been thousands times, Peace keeper shall have stronger fire power to keep order.

I can go fk myself and you are still wrong, peacekeeping mission selfdom fire a shot. You don't keep peace by breaking it.

And you obviously do not understand UN mission one bits.

the PLA sent there is to protect Chinese company's oil rigs, any terrorists dare to offend Chinese assets will be deemed as hostile and action will be adopt ASAP.@Jhungary you obviously play double side in the open fire principle.

you are totally go biased when you try to play justice in disguise. prejudice really discomposing! typical dirty way of western media. I see your real face.

China deployed Peace Keepers for thousand times??? :o: couldn't find one reference of it..

about Peace keeping,most of the time,Peace Keepers don't have serious firepower.Peace Keepers are there for policing purpose,not to fight for one party and against another.

by the way,they're going to be part of UNMISS,India has contributed some 2237 troops(largest contributor) and the Deputy Force Commander is India's Brigadier General Asit Mistry,even Deputy Police Commissioner is Sanjay Kundu.plus,there are some 40+ countries who contributed troops and weapons.same goes for Police as well.I think,Chinese soldiers will be part of this multinational contingent and not an independent one.

but its true that Rebels in South Sudan are equipped with RPGs.Indian Contingent lost few soldiers and 2 officers in ambush 1 year ago.

Dude, how about UN Itself as a source?

United Nations Department of Political Affairs - Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention

UN do not only work Peace keeping mission, in fact, UN operate several type mission all over the world today, from peacekeeping, peacemaking, monitoring, and training mission. The very first mission after the UN established is a peacemaking mission In Korea in 1950. While different mission have a complete different set of RoEs and requirment, they all leads to UN medal in the end.

Some example of Peacemaking and Observer/Monitor mission involved the UN

UNOSOM -UTF (US led UN Peacemaking Mission, authorise to use all necessary mean.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Task_Force
UNMEE - UN Observer mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Mission_in_Ethiopia_and_Eritrea
UNOMIG - UN Ovserver Mission in Georgia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Observer_Mission_in_Georgia

the list goes on...

Just because you never heard of something that does not mean they do not existed, it may be wise to listen to somebody who knows, especially when that someone have 4 UN medal together with the wife.

And you simply confused Peacekeeping mission with Peacemaking mission.

how is that a source. Dances also exist, is this a dance?

China to send 700 combat troops to South Sudan | World news | The Guardian

according to every news source, this is a peace keeping mission.

the PLA sent there is to protect Chinese company's oil rigs, any terrorists dare to offend Chinese assets will be deemed as hostile and action will be adopt ASAP.@Jhungary you obviously play double side in the open fire principle.

you are totally go biased when you try to play justice in disguise. prejudice really discomposing! typical dirty way of western media. I see your real face.

lol whatever you say, ask some of the PLA fire with their peacekeeping mission and see what ICJ and UN would do to them?

For the final time, you are there to keep peace, not breaking it

how is that a source. Dances also exist, is this a dance?

China to send 700 combat troops to South Sudan | World news | The Guardian

according to every news source, this is a peace keeping mission.

lol I will tell you what i told wanglaokan, ask some PLA peacekeeper to fire off a couple of round for no apperant reason and see what UN will deal with it?

I tell you with my personal account, believe it or not is up to you my friend.

again, i have an UN medal for Kosovo, how many UN medal you have got?

lol I will tell you what i tell wanglaokan, ask skme PLA peacekeeper to fire off a couple of round for no apperant reason and see what UN will deal with it?

I tell you with my personal account, believe it or not is up to you my friend.

again, i have an UN medal for Kosovo, how many UN medal you have got?

What does it matter if I believe it or not. Every news source calls it a peace keeping mission. So I'm suppose to ignore everybody but you.

Having a medal doesn't make you the leader of UN, they decide what each mission is, and the verdict is, this is a peace keeping mission.

There have been inspections by UN staff on weapons being used, and the role China will play and how.

China deployed Peace Keepers for thousand times??? :o: couldn't find one reference of it..

about Peace keeping,most of the time,Peace Keepers don't have serious firepower.Peace Keepers are there for policing purpose,not to fight for one party and against another.

by the way,they're going to be part of UNMISS,India has contributed some 2237 troops(largest contributor) and the Deputy Force Commander is India's Brigadier General Asit Mistry,even Deputy Police Commissioner is Sanjay Kundu.plus,there are some 40+ countries who contributed troops and weapons.same goes for Police as well.I think,Chinese soldiers will be part of this multinational contingent and not an independent one.

but its true that Rebels in South Sudan are equipped with RPGs.Indian Contingent lost few soldiers and 2 officers in ambush 1 year ago.

If i remember correctly, both India and Pakistan is the most active contributor to UN peacekeeping force, my wife met a few pakistani when she was doing her stint in Sudan about 10 years ago.

I never met any S Asian peacekeeper, there were not many in Kosovo.

You are right, Peacekeeping is about policing and law enforcement more than going there and finish a war, in fact, some mission actually preclude soldier carrying arms in combat zone.

What does it matter if I believe it or not. Every news source calls it a peace keeping mission. So I'm suppose to ignore everybody but you.

Having a medal doesn't make you the leader of UN, they decide what each mission is, and the verdict is, this is a peace keeping mission.

There have been inspections by UN staff on weapons being used, and the role China will play and how.

dude, no one is saying UNMISS is not a peace keeping mission, i am just saying what you said will never happens.

Pretty much if we fire straight and don't run away or ride in a pick up truck made in the 70s, it's a win.

Shooting is heavily controlled by UN for its peacekeeper, when you are assigned to an UN mission, you will be issued with a directive regarding sitrep and rules of engagement for said operation

UN peacekeeping mission usually attached with a straight firing protocol and you cannot fire a single round unless you are instructed by the contingent leader

Almost every country participate in UN peacekeeping mission has lost man under this protocol, i am just telling you with my own experience that yiu woukd expect to be shot at a lot more than you can shoot back. Cause this is a Peacekeeping mission, not a peace making mission, where the latter have full authority to do whatever necessary to maintain peace.

Last edited:
Shooting is heavily controlled by UN for its peacekeeper, when you are assigned to an UN mission, you will be issued with a directive regarding sitrep and rules of engagement for said operation

UN peacekeeping mission usually attached with a straight firing protocol and you cannot fire a single round unless you are instructed by the contingent leader

Almost every country participate in UN peacekeeping mission has lost man under this protocol, i am just telling you with my own experience that yiu woukd expect to be shot at a lot more than you can shoot back. Cause this is a Peacekeeping mission, not a peace making mission, where the latter have full authority to do whatever necessary to maintain peace.

That's a joke, dude, even if you can't tell tone on the internet I thought the 70s pickup was a dead give away.

I just commented on the equipments and not on the role of the mission, as I could care less. Sudan will be what it is regardless of any outside force.

That's a joke, dude, even if you can't tell tone on the internet I thought the 70s pickup was a dead give away.

I just commented on the equipments and not on the role of the mission, as I could care less. Sudan will be what it is regardless of any outside force.

lol okie dokie, but your view did not share well with your fellow chinese member, seems to think they are there to kill African who mess with the Chinese...

and i.sincerly wish no Chinese peacekeeper would be harm in anyway, as i said this quite too many time already, peacekeeper do died from UN Mission from time to time...saw that happened way too often

If i remember correctly, both India and Pakistan is the most active contributor to UN peacekeeping force, my wife met a few pakistani when she was doing her stint i. Sudan about 1 years ago.

I never met any S Asian peacekeeper, there were not many in Kosovo.

You are right, Peacekeeping is about policing and law enforcement more than going there and finish a war, in fact, some mission actually preclude soldier carrying arms in combat zone.

dont forget Bangladesh and Nepal.both these countries are one of the largest contributors of soldiers and police as well.

and yes,in KFOR,India was only country who sent Soldiers/Police.some 800 was there..not much though.

and yes,sometimes UN deny the permission of fire when the live of the soldiers are at risk.the fact is,the sole purpose of Peace Keeping is policing and refraining both sides to attack each other,not fighting with them.

dont forget Bangladesh and Nepal.both these countries are one of the largest contributor of soldiers and police as well.

yeah, i have met an Indian colonel(or.commandore, well i forgot) who told me the most frequent Ribbon Indian Army wear is the UN ribbons and he joke that they should make them (UN medal and ribbon) in India instead of Brussel to save money lol

I think both nepel and bangladesh and nepel contribute a lot as well, iirc not as much as Pakistan and India tho

Back
Top Bottom