What's new

PLA navy to conduct drill in west Pacific int'l waters in mid to late June

China should accelerate the buildup and upgrade of its PLA military. The next several years will become very uncertain.

I'm really not sure the US would help Vietnam. There is no national commitment to that country.
China can just trade Iran sanctions for Vietnam with the US. If the US pledges to stay out, the Vietnamese will back down.

^^^
Your sarcasm aside, if China were to ever invade Europe, it would be from the East like the Mongols and not from Normandy.

^^^
Your sarcasm aside, if China were to ever invade Europe, it would be from the East like the Mongols and not from Normandy.

Relax !!!!

HongWu and I were just having some fun.

Are you serious, or just joining the fun :laugh:

This type of naval exercise takes months of planning, so it is likely not a response of recent South China Sea incidents, my 2 cents is that this is related to developing protocol and tactics for future AC battle group and the future expedictionary fleet. We will see more such exercises in future.

However, the timing is just right for China to show her might in view of recent conflicts with Vietnam and Phillipines.

This type of naval exercise takes months of planning, so it is likely not a response of recent South China Sea incidents, my 2 cents is that this is related to developing protocol and tactics for future AC battle group and the future expedictionary fleet. We will see more such exercises in future.

However, the timing is just right for China to show her might in view of recent conflicts with Vietnam and Phillipines.

china sent a fleet last year too, its becoming a yearly practice. Also last years fleet was much bigger(remember the helicopter incident with japan?)

The first island chain is now a playground for us, soon it will be the second island chain.

while do you know what we should focus on now ? our action is really discouraging and despising. instead of taking some concrete action in the south, we riduculously go to the east, i am speechless, i am not warmonger, but as a chinese we need to get our guts showing, viet is about to perform drill, what will we do ? go to east? or pretend not to hear that news. we need to take some unequivocal measure to show we will not compromise in face of the so-called core interests. it's esasy to be a short-term coward, but it's imporssible to be it for a long run.

I would like the fleet comes down to SCS to join SCS fleet to have another joint exercise. They can take a different route to go back.

I'm really not sure the US would help Vietnam. There is no national commitment to that country.
China can just trade Iran sanctions for Vietnam with the US. If the US pledges to stay out, the Vietnamese will back down.
limited help to vietnam would serve US's interest. but US won't fully get involved. i think the biggest worry that our leaders hold is that the conflict with neighbor would lead to a blow to our strained economy and help westerners find surfficient excuse to block china's export.
but i think the sound economy should not come at the cost of territory. although US in every occasion expressed their support of a flourished china, but everyone knows in the deep of it's heart, they are thinking exactly in a opposite way. it's understandable nobody is willing to yield the number one position to others.

Back
Top Bottom