What's new

PLA navy to conduct drill in west Pacific int'l waters in mid to late June

gpit

Reaction score

( Source: Xinhua ) 2011-June-10 06:29

BEIJING, June 9 (Xinhua) -- A navy fleet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) will conduct a training drill in west Pacific international waters in mid- to late June, according to a press release issued Thursday by the Chinese Defense Ministry.

The press release said that the training is in line with relevant international laws and is not targeted at any specific country, in response to reports saying that Chinese navy ships previously passed through waters between Japan's islands of Okinawa and Miyako.

"This will be a regular drill according to the annual plan (of the PLA)," said the press release.

Editor : Liu Wanyun

-------------------

Reportedly there are about 20 warships. Japan corroborated this news.

2030_65553e5cg9e6a998aa340&690.jpg

507_4155155_d3597cf74db4b2a1b8e21b77e7faa422.jpg

Does this mean something for South China Sea?

USA is going to fight with China by making aggressive moves in China's EEZ!

“The ship will be sailing through waters that the US considers international waters to assert right of free passage and to demonstrate the international community does not accept national claims to the contrary,” the report said.
US destroyer sent to South China Sea | The Philippine Star » News » Headlines

China's missiles are ready to sink the invading destroyer.

Vietnam is going to attack China with its navy too. So China must attack Vietnam on land to defeat Vietnam quickly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/world/asia/11vietnam.html

HongWu
I would be interested in hearing what you think are China's best military strategies if China should go to war with Vietnam.

( Source: Xinhua ) 2011-June-10 06:29

BEIJING, June 9 (Xinhua) -- A navy fleet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) will conduct a training drill in west Pacific international waters in mid- to late June, according to a press release issued Thursday by the Chinese Defense Ministry.

The press release said that the training is in line with relevant international laws and is not targeted at any specific country, in response to reports saying that Chinese navy ships previously passed through waters between Japan's islands of Okinawa and Miyako.

"This will be a regular drill according to the annual plan (of the PLA)," said the press release.

Editor : Liu Wanyun

-------------------

Reportedly there are about 20 warships. Japan corroborated this news.

2030_65553e5cg9e6a998aa340&690.jpg

507_4155155_d3597cf74db4b2a1b8e21b77e7faa422.jpg

Does this mean something for South China Sea?

I don't think it is meant for the South China Sea. More of a gesture on China breaking the First Island Chain.

The first island chain is now a playground for us, soon it will be the second island chain.

I doubt this is a political gesture, but more of a test for the PLA's power projection capabilities, and whether the PLA can deploy significant firepower over large distances within a relative short amount of time.

I doubt this is a political gesture, but more of a test for the PLA's power projection capabilities, and whether the PLA can deploy significant firepower over large distances within a relative short amount of time.

Everything has became normalized these days, just like the AC battlegroup won't be a big surprise at all. :coffee:

Everything has became normalized these days, just like the AC battlegroup won't be a big surprise at all. :coffee:

It will be China's first exercise beyond its region, so I would hold out on the "no surprise" stuff.

It will later become as normalized as the flight test of J-20. :coffee:

A neighbour to our east is very concerned by this. Is this the best plan to pursue given the tense situation in the South China Sea?

Did anyone consider this as a potential smokescreen for potential military actions in the South China Sea?

A neighbour to our east is very concerned by this. Is this the best plan to pursue given the tense situation in the South China Sea?

Did anyone consider this as a potential smokescreen for potential military actions in the South China Sea?

This concern will become an habit in the near future. :coffee:

This concern will become an habit in the near future. :coffee:

Yeah they better get used to it. On one hand our ships and weapons are "reverse engineered junk" but on the other hand they are scared to death every time we try to go for a stroll in the open sea. I hope they don't go crazy from the contradictions.

Yeah they better get used to it. On one hand our ships and weapons are "reverse engineered junk" but on the other hand they are scared to death every time we try to go for a stroll in the open sea. I hope they don't go crazy from the contradictions.

We are the second country who can independently build our own version of the Aegis defence system.

Therefore, we can still build our own junk without anybody, but they can't even build their own junk with their American big daddy.

Back
Top Bottom