What's new

PL-15 export version data officially released by China

Accurate answer to question of BVR and how it really is like.

These people think a number of range is everything and then pump it.

There are so many things behind a good BVR missile and I bet the Indians are actually not even aware of how to best evaluate and test BVR missiles. I think they just fire at some targets and say barat success. In real war, their missiles may not even be able to engage their targets and they will not understand why then their IFF will fail and the will be shooting other barats. These cheap trolls online don't know anything about military technologies and think their baratielectronics is impressive. It is like a shit student being proud of achieving 70% when class average was 99% lol.

Lmao at the Barat success part couldn't agree more

May I invite everyone's attention towards this? @MH.Yang in Chinese technical jargon, is there a difference between max range and maximum attack range?

1633006862817.png

There are differences, one is linear distance, the other is spatial region.

Sorry, I would like to clarify this further. Max attack range means spatial region? So a max attack range of 145 km represents what exactly?

Sorry, I would like to clarify this further. Max attack range means spatial region? So a max attack range of 145 km represents what exactly?
Would the max attack range perhaps be a range against a manoeuvring target? With the max range being simple kinematic straight line distance?

I explain this:
The PL15 is a medium range missile. All medium range missiles are high throw ballistic missiles.
PL15 will walk a parabola from launch to hitting the target. It will go through six stages: Launch&pulse A startup, pulse A shutdown, pulse B startup, pulse B shutdown, unpowered flight and hitting the target.
Range refers to the linear distance from the launch point to the hit target.

The max attack range refers to the collection of all max ranges of PL15 shooting in all directions.

In Chinese, they are "最大攻击距离" and "最大攻击范围". "距离" refers to the straight line between points, "范围" refers to space or area.

Last edited:
I explain this:
The PL15 is a medium range missile. All medium range missiles are high throw ballistic missiles.
PL15 will walk a parabola from launch to hitting the target. It will go through six stages: Launch&pulse A startup, pulse A shutdown, pulse B startup, pulse B shutdown, unpowered flight and hitting the target.
Range refers to the linear distance from the launch point to the hit target.

The max attack range refers to the collection of all max ranges of PL15 shooting in all directions.

In Chinese, they are "最大攻击距离" and "最大攻击范围". "距离" refers to the straight line between points, "范围" refers to space or area.
Perhaps for a higher probably of intercept/Larger NEZ in the terminal phase, attitude control motors and a TVC nozzle (with a bit of the fuel saved somewhere) should be added, similar to what is used on SAMs. An Optical seeker could also be added to merge the radar and IR tracks as well, especially if the missiles range exceeds the performance of the radar, which maybe the case against LO and VLO aircraft of aircraft using extensive of jamming, as on the Israeli Stunner missile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom