What's new

Pipavav MDL JV back on track, shares rises

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
Shares of Pipavav Defence are up on back of media reports that the defence ministry has absolved state-owned Mazagon Dock of any wrongdoing in selecting Pipavav as its partner, dealers said.

India's defence ministry had earlier decided to put on hold a joint venture between the state-run Mazagon Dock and the private sector shipbuilder after reports of lack of transparency in the deal. However, JV likely to take off only when the ministry puts in place new rules for JVs, the Economic Times report said.

At 12:55 p.m. shares of Pipavav Defence were at Rs 84.8, up 6.2 percent.

Pipavav Shipyard gains on Mazagon Dock JV nod report - The Economic Times

With the Pipavav-MDL and L&T-HSL JVs, MOD can divide Project 75I between them equally. This will give technological parity to both the combinations. Russian Amur Class has a brighter chance rather than ordering more Scorpenes.

With the Pipavav-MDL and L&T-HSL JVs, MOD can divide Project 75I between them equally. This will give technological parity to both the combinations. Russian Amur Class has a brighter chance rather than ordering more Scorpenes.

Scorpene can dive deeper and hv more endurance than Amul baby sub ;)

Amur has good coomand n control system that can fire Brahmos....

18.jpg

Amur has good coomand n control system that can fire Brahmos....
True and that the Kilo class subs were one of the quietest in the business means that this will better it's performance and the maintainence facilities would remain more or less unchanged if the Amur 1650 class subs are selected for the P75I tender:)

^^^
S1000 is also good and LnT already has tie-up with Fincantieri and its also the more advanced version of Amur. I think we should go for S1000 as it will also have european features making it much better. Fincantieri and Rubin are offering 6 subs for 3.5 billion $.

that is the news for which i am eagerly waited i.e private sector involvement in defence but posted too late.

^^^
Actually Pipavav and MDL joined hands a couple weeks back but due to this unexpected move and MDL's past everyone started crying wolfs and as a result everything was put on hold and an investigation was started and frankly i thought it would take a couple years but they rqapped this up in a couple of weeks. Its a great development...

i am especially glad of the upward swing of the stock . own a bit of it .:D

^^^
Good for you....Pipavav stocks you should keep for a couple years as by that time this partnership will start bearing fruit...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom