What's new

Pictures & Video of the Three Z-10 Helicopters to Pakistan - updated

Already been discussed, along with the video. I'm still of the conclusion that China is only doing this to test the helicopter in actual combat. The PAA, unless it has no other choice, will go for a long term option. If Z-10s are purchased, they'll be bought as a stopgap, and in small scale.

Though, my view is simple based on what is publicly available information. Who knows? Anything is possible, and PAA DOES need to urgently replace it's old cobra fleet.
sir why do you think it will be stop gap lot of senior member are saying it. except for engine where does it lack.

chinese wants to test their helicopters in battlefield. and right now Pakistan is battlefield of terrorists.

J5gHpCR.jpg
2013 pic

So we got two WZ-10 and one WZ-19. Let see how they perform in the hands of PAA pilots. I doubt they repaint them just for testing but if they do end up repainting them, which color do you think it will be?

Oye yeh kaisi mehman daari hai. Bhai kam as kam pankha to chala do humare doston ke liye. Becharon ko garmee lag jaey gi.
Seriously, I think PAA may want 129s but may well settle for Z10 on the same basis. We need things now and cheaply. The Chinese government will give them rates which will be unmatched and again due to financial reasons we may go for Z10. I think provided we are strict in ensuring our requirements are met, and the Chinese have always been good from that point of view it will be a win win situation for both the countries as PA input will only help the Chinese in improving their machine and PAA may use it in actual war scenario to see how it functions.
Araz

Oye yeh kaisi mehman daari hai. Bhai kam as kam pankha to chala do humare doston ke liye. Becharon ko garmee lag jaey gi.
Seriously, I think PAA may want 129s but may well settle for Z10 on the same basis. We need things now and cheaply. The Chinese government will give them rates which will be unmatched and again due to financial reasons we may go for Z10. I think provided we are strict in ensuring our requirements are met, and the Chinese have always been good from that point of view it will be a win win situation for both the countries as PA input will only help the Chinese in improving their machine and PAA may use it in actual war scenario to see how it functions.
Araz
Sir, it is speculated that the actual preliminary design is by kamov .. it should be good

Araz

Sir, there is not much difference in T129 or Z-10.....specs wise on paper at least, they are the same. Neither is as rugged and abuse tolerant as MI28/MI35....i think PAA wants to evaluate the physicals of the chopper more than avionics...since it comes with all the goodies, glass cockpit, flir etc....and plethora of weapons to integrate. If it is better than Cobras in that terrain and hot/dusty conditions (the most important factor) then PAA would want it.

Sir, there is not much difference in T129 or Z-10.....specs wise on paper at least, they are the same. Neither is as rugged and abuse tolerant as MI28/MI35....i think PAA wants to evaluate the physicals of the chopper more than avionics...since it comes with all the goodies, glass cockpit, flir etc....and plethora of weapons to integrate. If it is better than Cobras in that terrain and hot/dusty conditions (the most important factor) then PAA would want it.
I think it is mostly the fear of the unknown. T129 has pedigree and is established as a producer of quality helos. The Z10 is the new kid on the block. Its capabilites are largely unknown. However the big plus is friendship rates soft loans and the capability of the Chinese to come up to the mark with PAAs requests with regards to upgrades/ changes. Plus it is sanction proof and we can start a manufacturing plant to manufacture it locally. The last bit obviously depends on the number of units that we need which might or might not be many. If the Chinese can come up with a comparable utility helo with some compatibility between the two platforms then our lives are made that much more easier. With the 35s coming on line hopefully soon we will have enough time to replace the cobra and give our friends enough time to ramp up production enough for supply to commence soon. This is how I see this situation evolving. To be fair inspite of PAA Liking it the T129 was always going to be a bridge too far.
Araz

I think it is mostly the fear of the unknown. T129 has pedigree and is established as a producer of quality helos. The Z10 is the new kid on the block. Its capabilites are largely unknown. However the big plus is friendship rates soft loans and the capability of the Chinese to come up to the mark with PAAs requests with regards to upgrades/ changes. Plus it is sanction proof and we can start a manufacturing plant to manufacture it locally. The last bit obviously depends on the number of units that we need which might or might not be many. If the Chinese can come up with a comparable utility helo with some compatibility between the two platforms then our lives are made that much more easier. With the 35s coming on line hopefully soon we will have enough time to replace the cobra and give our friends enough time to ramp up production enough for supply to commence soon. This is how I see this situation evolving. To be fair inspite of PAA Liking it the T129 was always going to be a bridge too far.
Araz

You think Pakistan will go with MI35 as well? While it is helpful to have that troop carrying capability, wouldn't PAA want to stick with it's single Platform philosophy for the choppers?

You think Pakistan will go with MI35 as well? While it is helpful to have that troop carrying capability, wouldn't PAA want to stick with it's single Platform philosophy for the choppers?
I personally think MI35 is a done deal and PAA will acquire it. It will come in handy for our current situation. I think it would be unwise to let go of the offer. It needs to be understood that this is a historical mistake that is being rectified . We need to be at peace with the big players in our backyard and fostering of relations with Russia should be an important part of our regional strategy. Trade is one aspect of it and the taboo of no defence sales must be broken as well. I think it would be a folly to annoy the Russians after taking them this far and getting to ease the ban on defence exports. This is entirely my own assumption and I don't have any source to back it up.
Araz

Pakistan Army Aviation has received two WZ-10 and one WZ-19 attack helicopters from China for test and evaluation purposes

Kia ho gaya bhai ??

All 3 looks alike so which one is WZ-19 I don't see any WZ-19 ??
If you have any idea can you please mention in the picture

@skybolt

Check these out

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1427752986.241642.jpg

Above picture is WZ-19

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1427753010.692271.jpg

First one is WZ-10 and below it is WZ-19 now you can compare their tail rotors.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom