What's new

Pictures of Inside INS Vikramaditya

lol.. even if there is no conjugal room , at least self service kiosks?

15. Not sure, but it give you and idea how spacious Vikramaditya is.

That is the arresting gear that helps to trap planes when they land.

33. Captains Chair ? Certainly cabin of a very senior officer.

34. Control Room ? CIC ?

That's the bridge where the ship is being sailed that's not the CIC room. The CIC is where combat is controlled. There are no picture of the CIC of the Vikramaditya public so far.

That is the arresting gear that helps to trap planes when they land.

What makes you say that ?

An earlier picture showed hydraulic dampeners for the Arrestor wires. What is this ?

Any proof that all pics are of Vikramaditya? :dirol:

I will be soon be posting a signed affidavit from the Indian Navy, authenticating the picture. :P

16. Appears to be officers lounge

17. Captains Room ? Maybe the commanders room...

18. Sea men quarters

19. Appears that single desk is to be shared by 2 men. Not bad.

20. Wash basin in each room

21. Appears to be the wash room attached to one of the officers room

33. Captains Chair ? Certainly cabin of a very senior officer.

34. Control Room ? CIC ?

What makes you say that ?

An earlier picture showed hydraulic dampeners for the Arrestor wires. What is this ?

I will be soon be posting a signed affidavit from the Indian Navy, authenticating the picture. :P
Does the Vikramaditya have facilities like a gym or a kiosk ?

The hydraulic dampers for the arrestor wires is what you see on the flight deck this is the part of the system that is beneath the flight deck.

here is one from a Nimitz class carrier of the USN.

U.S._Navy_Airman_Codi_Dodson_mans_an_engine_operator_watch_station_aboard_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_Nimitz_%28CVN_68%29_in_the_Pacific_Ocean_May_4,_2013_130504-N-BS576-081.jpg

Last edited:
37. A long view of the hanger. You can see 1 Mig 29 and 2 Helicopter arranged in a line and there is still space for a couple more at least. Gives you a estimate of how large the Hanger is.

38. Mig 29K in the Hanger. This is a large aircraft !

39. Larger elevator near the island. This can hold 2 Helicopter or 1 Mig 29K or 1 LCA easily.

Does the Vikramaditya have facilities like a gym or a kiosk ?

The hydraulic dampers for the arrestor wires is what you see on the flight deck this is the part of the system that is beneath the flight deck.

here is one from a Nimitz class carrier of the USN.

No I have posted the image of the Hydraulic dampeners that is below the deck to which the arrestor wire is attached. Look at No. 27.

I am pretty sure Viki has more than 1 Gym. But a Kiosk ?

Last edited:
No I have posted the image of the Hydraulic dampeners that is below the deck to which the arrestor wire is attached. Look at No. 27.

I am pretty sure Viki has more than 1 Gym. But a Kiosk ?
Picture 27 is one of the elevators in the hangar deck.

American carriers and the Liaoning have small shops on them.

Last edited:
34. Control Room ? CIC ?

This is the bridge.The CIC will be located inside the ship with no windows. i don't think any pics have emerged of the CIC of the Viky. Pics of a CIC would be, I imagine, a strict no-no. AFAIK not a single pic of any CIC in any IN vessel has been made public to date. I'm suspecting all these pics are from the Russian side and from before the IN took control of the Viky as they are VERY strict on taking pics inside their ships.

Relax kid. If picture posted on the net is what brings down a 45K ton AC then we have wasted 2.3 B$.
even if they are posted online, you validate all the postingsby reposting them..it is like someone is connecting the dots and you help them do it ..kid!

Picture 27 is one of the elevators in the hangar deck.
American carriers and the Liaoning have small shops on them.

You appear to be right. No. 27 is for the elevators and 15 is Arrestor wire dampners mechanism.

40. Picture of the smaller elavator for the Hanger. You can see the life mechanism below the platform.

41. This is a cross section model of the Arrestor wire dampners in Viki. You can see how huge and complex the mechanism is. This is further see in No. 15.

42. A Clean view of the Bridge

43. More pictures of the Bridge. That is Captain Suraj Berry captaining the ship.

44. Again pics of the Bridge. That chair looks comfortable :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom