What's new

Pictures from Isreal pirat attack on turkish boats

Do you know they fired first when they were on the helicopter
Read some credible news or watch unbiased channels...

The comment was simply for comic relief. Obviously I can't be bothered to read any newspaper for something so remotely connected to Pakistan.

Do you know they fired first when they were on the helicopter
Read some credible news or watch unbiased channels...

Did u know that commandos on the third helicopter had fired after commandos droped from the first two helicopters were lynched .No country is mad enough to send their forces into HOSTILE area without proper planning.Isreal never expected to PEACE activits to turn Hostile.Infact some reports suggest that some commandos were armed only with batons when they boarded the ship.Get ur facts right first.

whatever the reason, for the 9 dead, these pirates deserved more than an a** whoopin'.

Did u know that commandos on the third helicopter had fired after commandos droped from the first two helicopters were lynched .No country is mad enough to send their forces into HOSTILE area without proper planning.Isreal never expected to PEACE activits to turn Hostile.Infact some reports suggest that some commandos were armed only with batons when they boarded the ship.Get ur facts right first.

Enough of your lame, nonsensical and shameless defence of this murder on the high seas. Pay attention to the part in bold. Before telling others to get their facts straight, first learn to not spout Israeli BS hook, line and sinker. You and your buddies waving the tri-color are the only ones buying into this outright lie for obvious reasons. Fortunately, the rest of the world isn't buying these lies.

Is this when public opinion turns against Israel?

Linda Grant
June 6, 2010 - 1:00AM

COMMENT

IN THE summer of 1947, a semi-derelict 200-berth Chesapeake Bay steamer carrying 4500 Holocaust survivors, renamed the Exodus, set out from France to run the British blockade of Palestine. The survivors had been ******* in displaced persons camps since the end of the war, waiting to find a country that would take them. The organisers of the expedition, the Zionist movement, were operating a policy of illegal immigration as both a humanitarian rescue operation and as a calculated move to politically gerrymander the country's Jewish population. They didn't expect to be able to land, but they knew that the rickety vessel with its pitiful human cargo of refugees would show up the British as cold-hearted colonial masters. The Exodus could equally have been called End of Empire.

As the ship approached Haifa, the commander received a radio signal from the Zionist leadership not to risk the lives of the passengers by a confrontation. But the recalcitrant Polish captain refused to turn back. Hemmed in by three British destroyers, the crew and passengers found themselves boarded, and retaliated with whatever weapons came to hand - a consignment of cans of kosher corned beef. The British killed three people, one bludgeoned to death by a rifle butt in the face. A few days later the passengers were transferred to another ship and sailed back to Germany, back to the refugee camps, under withering press headlines. ''Return to the death land,'' read one.

The media coverage was a PR catastrophe for Britain. To the ship's captain, Ike Aronowitz, when I met him in 2007 shortly before his death, the decision of the British foreign minister of the day, Ernest Bevin, to repel the Exodus was a gift from a God who had ''sent us Ernest Bevin to create a Jewish state''.

The events early last week of the boarding of the Gaza aid flotilla should have jogged the memories of Israel's leaders. The sight of Israeli politicians, diplomats and army spokesmen trying to assert a more complicated story than that of innocent civilians brutally murdered by an act of piracy has not washed with the public. No amount of showing videos of the peace activists attacking the abseiling Israeli soldiers will answer the question: what were the soldiers doing there in the first place and why would the passengers not defend themselves against their attackers, exactly as the refugees had done in 1947?

Israel's political reasoning, of a Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, of the threat to the Jewish state from Gaza in the south and Hezbollah in the north, backed by the nuclear-ambitious Iran, falls on deaf ears. Legal arguments by maritime experts that Israel was within its right to assault the ship in international waters can't compete with the authoritative presence on another of the vessels of the internationally bestselling novelist Henning Mankell, who risked his own life to bring aid to the starving millions of Gaza.

Palestinian solidarity movements have not, until now, attained the critical mass of the campaign against apartheid South Africa. Perhaps, like the Exodus in 1947, the Gaza aid flotilla will be the tipping point in the long agony of the Palestinian people, when wavering public opinion finally turns decisively against Israel and the whole Zionist project of a national home for the Jews.

When public sympathy is outraged by what has been described as a massacre, the fine points of what is to be the solution to the rival claims of Arabs and Jews for the same piece of territory are not the point. We look back on the ship Exodus and wonder if our parents and grandparents should have thought harder and emoted less. But emotions are what you feel, you cannot help it. Human empathy for the inmates of a vast open air prison undergoing collective punishment will always trounce the warnings of the think tanks. The image of the Gaza flotilla has etched itself on the mind, whatever the unforeseen consequences of our collective outrage.

GUARDIAN

Makes me wonder what people here in the forum would do if they had guns and were in the same position as these Israeli commandos. I suspect the results would have been just as bloody.

You are mocking soldiers who were ordered on the boats by their leaders. You should be questioning those decisions instead of mocking these soldiers. These pictures showing the beatings of the Israeli soldiers just makes your case weak and justifies the actions of the Israelis.

We, unlike the arrogant Israeli government and military, would not be on the ship in the first place because we have no business being there. Its a wrong in the first place and then when you get your rear kicked by civvies with "dunday" then you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Those who are mocking the soldiers are doing so in jest, no different than how these peace activists were mocked by the Israeli public and security staff when they were detained.

As far as making our case weak, us the proponents of the peace activists have had to bury 9 dead and grieve over their deaths. Here we have Indians doing a lame defence of a couple of operators with their teeth knocked in. Nice joke!

Your consideration is akin to me coming in to steal from your house, getting my rear beaten and then expecting sympathy from you, the house owner, for punching my teeth in. And by the way, in the process of me trying to steal, I shot your wife and daughter to death. How does that feel mate?

israel has done it in past, israel is doing and israel is gonna do it again in self defence. you just cant do it anything other than being a lion of keyboard.
keep writing on....

^^ It is all about believing in different values.
we simply are different and can never mix or agree on common grounds.

Guess who was apart of the ***-kicking?

A retired US marine.

"I said this straight to Israeli agents, probably of Mossad or Shin Bet, and I say it again now, on the morning of the attack I was directly involved in the disarming of two Israeli Commandos. This was a forcible, non-negotiable, separation of weapons from commandos who had already murdered two brothers that I had seen that day. One brother with a bullet entering dead center in his forehead, in what appeared to be an execution. I knew the commandos were murdering when I removed a 9mm pistol from one of them. I had that gun in my hands and as an ex-US Marine with training in the use of guns it was completely within my power to use that gun on the commando who may have been the murderer of one of my brothers. But that is not what I, nor any other defender of the ship did."

"I took that weapon away, removed the bullets, proper lead bullets, separated them from the weapon and hid the gun. I did this in the hopes that we would repel the attack and submit this weapon as evidence in a criminal trial against Israeli authorities for mass murder. I also helped to physically separate one commando from his assault rifle, which another brother apparently threw into the sea. I and hundreds of others know the truth that makes a mockery of the brave and moral Israeli military.

We had in our full possession, three completely disarmed and helpless commandos. These boys were at our mercy, they were out of reach of their fellow murderers, inside the ship and surrounded by 100 or more men. I looked into the eyes of all three of these boys and I can tell you they had the fear of God in them. They looked at us as if we were them, and I have no doubt they did not believe there was any way they would survive that day. They looked like frightened children in the face of an abusive father."

"But they did not face an enemy as ruthless as they. Instead the woman provided basic first aid, and ultimately they were released, battered and bruised for sure, but alive. Able to live another day. Able to feel the sun over head and the embrace of loved ones. Unlike those they murdered. Despite mourning the loss of our brothers, feeling rage towards these boys, we let them go. The Israeli prostitutes of propaganda can spew all of their disgusting bile all they wish, the commandos are the murders, we are the defenders, and yet we fought. We fought not just for our lives, not just for our cargo, not just for the people of Palestine, we fought in the name of justice and humanity. We were right to do so, in every way."

“All I saw in Israel was cowards with guns” ? War in Context

1275949871588.jpg

Back
Top Bottom